ODFL | OD pay and benefits

Have others heard .07 pay increase for Linehaul? also does that go across the board for all linehaulers or do the new guys just get a percentage of the raise?

Have others heard .07 pay increase for Linehaul? also does that go across the board for all linehaulers or do the new guys just get a percentage of the raise?
None of our terminals have had the wage and benefits meeting yet so we don't know what our raise will be. What ever the raise is it will be across the board.

Yeah, at just around .70 cpm ODFL would start bringing in o/o's and truckload companies to haul the freight they couldn't afford to pay their drivers to move. It'd be like UPSF, yet in green!

I'm going to say it, OD makes so much money they could pay line .90 cpm and still earn more profit than all the LTL's. Everything we touch turns to gold. No one can top OD.

I'm going to say it, OD makes so much money they could pay line .90 cpm and still earn more profit than all the LTL's. Everything we touch turns to gold. No one can top OD.
Ain't that the truth ...and the most positive thing I've ever read you say : ) also goes to say they could afford that OT everyone whines about, they just won't unless they're forced.

I have been offered a linehaul position running wild and bagging out, I am just curious what kind of yearly income I should expect.

So can you tell me what the current linehaul rate is? I do appreciate it, I am in the middle of making a really tough decision on if I should take the position or stay where I am at.
Currently a little more than 63cpm goes up to 65 cpm second week of September, think new hire 60 cpm

So can you tell me what the current linehaul rate is? I do appreciate it, I am in the middle of making a really tough decision on if I should take the position or stay where I am at.
I came over to OD 1 month ago after 24 years at another LTL carrier. I can tell you without a doubt, it's the best decision I have ever made in regards to employment. They started me off at the "One Year" rate of $.6068, so I'll get a bump up to $.6258 in September. I do run NE, so traffic is a factor. I still average 480-500 miles per day plus hooks & fuel. Loving OD life.

Last edited:
I came over to OD 1 month ago after 24 years at another LTL carrier. I can tell you without a doubt, it's the best decision I have ever made in regards to employment. They started me off at the "One Year" rate of $.6068, so I'll get a bump up to $.6258 in September. I do run NE, so traffic is a factor. I still average 480-500 miles per day plus hooks & fuel. Loving OD life.
Well, I am at a retail company and been here 16 years. I am not so certain about the future here so I started looking and was offered a position at OD. The thing is I make good money(around $95-100k a year) and have around 40 paid days off a year. I just don't want to take a huge pay cut but would be willing to lose some if in the long run would pan out.

Well, I am at a retail company and been here 16 years. I am not so certain about the future here so I started looking and was offered a position at OD. The thing is I make good money(around $95-100k a year) and have around 40 paid days off a year. I just don't want to take a huge pay cut but would be willing to lose some if in the long run would pan out.

It would help to know what terminal you've applied at... my guess is you'd lose a little money to start and some vacation... you'll get 10 days vacation after 1 year, 2 personal days/year that you can bank up to 6, and your birthday paid off every year. Vacation goes up to 15 days after 5 years, not sure when but we top out at 4 weeks (20 days). In the long run if you are worried about the future where you are there are lots of worse decisions you could make than come here. But I would also imagine that with 16 years seniority you would be somewhat insulated from trouble.

Isn't this information you should have found out before going thru the pre-hire process?

No offense, but why would you do all the jumping thru hoops just to find out the pay isn't where you want it? Cart before the horse kinda thing. You're not the first one to ask this question either. So I'm kinda curious.

It would help to know what terminal you've applied at... my guess is you'd lose a little money to start and some vacation... you'll get 10 days vacation after 1 year, 2 personal days/year that you can bank up to 6, and your birthday paid off every year. Vacation goes up to 15 days after 5 years, not sure when but we top out at 4 weeks (20 days). In the long run if you are worried about the future where you are there are lots of worse decisions you could make than come here. But I would also imagine that with 16 years seniority you would be somewhat insulated from trouble.
Jackson TN

Forgive me, but I've only been here 6 weeks. I recall somewhere in orientation it was stated that vacation topped at 5 weeks at 25 years. Also the safe driving bonus starts out at $250 or $350 the first year and increases incrementally each year to year 10, then $100 per year after that up to 30 years at $3,000 per year.

Forgive me, but I've only been here 6 weeks. I recall somewhere in orientation it was stated that vacation topped at 5 weeks at 25 years. Also the safe driving bonus starts out at $250 or $350 the first year and increases incrementally each year to year 10, then $100 per year after that up to 30 years at $3,000 per year.
Everything will be in your Employee Handbook