ABF | OD vs ABF U-Pack

I hope OD does not send there driver's out at midnight like ABF does to pick up u-packs, ABF does it all the time.
Really? All the time? Only time I'm working at midnite, is when I'm bid onto a UE run. Never saw any of them city guys in ATL going after U-Packs in the middle of the night.

I hope OD does not send there driver's out at midnight like ABF does to pick up u-packs, ABF does it all the time.
Really? All the time? Only time I'm working at midnite, is when I'm bid onto a UE run. Never saw any of them city guys in ATL going after U-Packs in the middle of the night. Sounds like you may have gotten on somebody's $#!t list!

I have never picked one up at midnight but it wouldn't completely surprise me. I have been out in the dark for them though and 8PM in winter is no different than midnight any time of year. Now to say it happens all the time would be a different story.

Turns out the fact of the matter is there was a dweeb management spitbag that got his ash fired down in fart schmitt. The only thing he had to sell was his knowledge of the UPack. So in typical copy cat style Mr. Burns had a cube sent to a house where the took pictures, and made a duplicate cube. So ABF's loyal manager is going to try to put the screws to us.

I never occurred to me that OD could never come up with something original, and I was right. Only puzzle piece missing is the Timekeeper software to make the thing work.

mikey; Every ABF driver knows it is never as easy as just dropping a trailer. The customer always needs something, can you show us how to put the ramp down. Can you put the trailer in the yard in front of the the front door. Can you show us how to put up the bulkhead, or can you show how to open or close the trailer door. How do we stack the funiture in the trailer heavy on floor lite on top and a bunch of other things. UPack is not always easy, I have had to get the customer to hold power lines up with a board so i could get to the house going in & out with the trailer. I have also put down lines on streets and no truck streets both in daylight and late at night. It is a little harder at night not seeing the lines in the trees at night.

Umm!!fellow's let's get our fact straight there.It is original..Not a cube,it's a 28 ft pup..Please...It just right out funny that you&other's just keep on..lol..I was nice enough to post what OD was doing back last week.Don't know why ya are so worried.Od moving Services are no way like what ABF does.All OD is doing is using the equipment we already have.No flatbed's,picker's,moving cube's.Like I said before ABF has the best thing going on moving now.I'm just correcting miss-led information that OD never said.It's what you &other's mis-read&go hog wild with it.Stay Safe out there.
Turns out the fact of the matter is there was a dweeb management spitbag that got his ash fired down in fart schmitt. The only thing he had to sell was his knowledge of the UPack. So in typical copy cat style Mr. Burns had a cube sent to a house where the took pictures, and made a duplicate cube. So ABF's loyal manager is going to try to put the screws to us.

I never occurred to me that OD could never come up with something original, and I was right. Only puzzle piece missing is the Timekeeper software to make the thing work.

mikey; Every ABF driver knows it is never as easy as just dropping a trailer. The customer always needs something, can you show us how to put the ramp down. Can you put the trailer in the yard in front of the the front door. Can you show us how to put up the bulkhead, or can you show how to open or close the trailer door. How do we stack the funiture in the trailer heavy on floor lite on top and a bunch of other things. UPack is not always easy, I have had to get the customer to hold power lines up with a board so i could get to the house going in & out with the trailer. I have also put down lines on streets and no truck streets both in daylight and late at night. It is a little harder at night not seeing the lines in the trees at night.

I prefer to do that at night. It's not as easy to see all the lines on the block jump up and down when it's dark out.

P.S. They don't have to ask me about the ramp and bulkhead. I just show them how it all works. They may or may not need it but it can't hurt.

Last edited by a moderator:
I prefer to do that at night. It's not as easy to see all the lines on the block jump up and down when it's dark out.

P.S. They don't have to ask me about the ramp and bulkhead. I just show them how it all works. They may or may not need it but it can't hurt.
Your PS is right on.