ODFL | OD vs. Swift

I think this whole thread is a joke. A couple pics and all of a sudden we're driving for swift? Bitchin bout smoking in a truck, cameras in a truck, headsets while in a truck, team driver crossing fhe country without radio? Sounds like swift to me.

Just some drivers having a conversation CJ. Can't pat eachother's backs all day long around here.

more trucks on the road = more accidents, plain and simple, both o.d. and swift. as far as the dashcams and headsets, i think they're "not allowed" only when something happens. try sending dashcam footage to safety after an incident, they'll view it as a distraction. same with the headsets. i was grilled about being being on the phone (which i was not) when a car spun out and hit my trailer. if i had been, would that be a violation of policy making me distracted and the accident preventable?

Probably a termination if you were on the phone rather than a preventable! In those monthly safety meeting info sheets I get the jest that they dont want us on phones period while driving.

You guys notice every time we see a big pile up in the news lately, there's always 1 or 2 OD trucks tangled up in it? I feel we are getting more coverage than Swift the past 2 years.

I know some drivers get caught up in bad situations, but I also wonder if something has to do with all the drivers we've been hiring from school and the docks with our rapid growth also comes to play.

I think the big thing is there are more and more of us out there on the roads nowadays. More trucks=more chances of getting caught in an accident when a big pileup in the weather occurs. And we don't know if all these accidents are our fault either.

Probably a termination if you were on the phone rather than a preventable! In those monthly safety meeting info sheets I get the jest that they dont want us on phones period while driving.

If they don't want us on the phone period they need to put it out in the manual period. Otherwise, I don't have a problem talking on my hands-free device. That's not illegal last I checked.

If they don't want us on the phone period they need to put it out in the manual period. Otherwise, I don't have a problem talking on my hands-free device. That's not illegal last I checked.

You're right it's not illegal, but I recall on the monthly safety packets I believe it states they pretty much don't want us on the phone period while the truck is in operation. If you get into a big accident and admit you were on your phone even with your headset on, good luck on surviving corporate review.

A lot of big companies have a policy in place to not be on the phone period whether it's legal or not to cover their rear.

Does headset = phone?

If you're talking to someone on your headset and wreck, good luck on surviving the safety review. I'd just rather not be on the phone period while operating a commercial vehicle. This is a place of business and to earn an income for my family, chatting about what driver did what can come after work.

If you're talking to someone on your headset and wreck, good luck on surviving the safety review. I'd just rather not be on the phone period while operating a commercial vehicle. This is a place of business and to earn an income for my family, chatting about what driver did what can come after work.

Then I guess they don't need to know what I'm doing IF I have a major wreck. If I have a major wreck they're probably going to can me anyway... but I'm NOT telling them if I was on the phone or not. And they'll have to subpoena my phone records to find out.

Then I guess they don't need to know what I'm doing IF I have a major wreck. If I have a major wreck they're probably going to can me anyway... but I'm NOT telling them if I was on the phone or not. And they'll have to subpoena my phone records to find out.

Well if in ANY accident phone records will definitely have to be produced ... I once heard that at another major LTL carrier drivers had to sign a paper requiring them to produce phone records upon company request ...

Well if in ANY accident phone records will definitely have to be produced ... I once heard that at another major LTL carrier drivers had to sign a paper requiring them to produce phone records upon company request ...

I seem to recall hearing that somewhere too but not from OD. If subpoenaed they can have whatever they like, but not a moment before.

I do not recall a LTL company having that policy. But I did hear Walmart came out with that policy