ABF | ODFL to ABF

Lol. ABFer was the cause. His selective moderating.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Hold on there, when I posted about a moderators treatment on another forum you called it complaining. Now It looks to me that you are complaining about the moderator on our forum. Make up your mind, you can't have it both ways.

Ya you are complaining. My point is simple. Each forum has their own Mods. They can run em pretty much as they like.

Hold on there, when I posted about a moderators treatment on another forum you called it complaining. Now It looks to me that you are complaining about the moderator on our forum. Make up your mind, you can't have it both ways.

Ya a moderator that selectively moderates. Like what OD Mod did to you.

I never said complaining was wrong. Did I?

Ya a moderator that selectively moderates. Like what OD Mod did to you.

I never said complaining was wrong. Did I?

Since you didn't say complaining was wrong why did you make an issue of my comment about selective moderating? Was it just one of your many attempts to derail a thread that wasn't going your way? Like the high cost of Teamster retiree health insurance being the blame of Obama and the union. Health insurance for all retirees, not just Teamsters, has gone up so it's a non issue on a thread about ODFL drivers going to ABF. But you threw it in here anyway just to attack Obama and the Teamsters.

Up until 2004 my Teamster welfare fund had a reduced BCBS full coverage rate for our retirees. But the management trustees of the fund claimed that retiree costs were a drain on the fund so they wanted to drop us completely. Our union trustees had to agree to a compromise plan which makes our retirees pay the exact same amount as the companies pay for it's employees. That amount is 5 times what we were paying per month. And that happened 10 years ago. Who was the president then? It certainly wasn't Obama.

Back to the issue of moderating. And this is just a suggestion so don't say I'm trying to run you off. If you don't like the way ABFer moderates this forum why don't you do like I did on billy bob's and not post here?

I stand by my post. But I'll let it go and you can have it your way. I don't want to be the cause of you having another meltdown.
You should give it a whirl it yields a neat kind of satisfaction.

Since you didn't say complaining was wrong why did you make an issue of my comment about selective moderating? Was it just one of your many attempts to derail a thread that wasn't going your way? Like the high cost of Teamster retiree health insurance being the blame of Obama and the union. Health insurance for all retirees, not just Teamsters, has gone up so it's a non issue on a thread about ODFL drivers going to ABF. But you threw it in here anyway just to attack Obama and the Teamsters.

Up until 2004 my Teamster welfare fund had a reduced BCBS full coverage rate for our retirees. But the management trustees of the fund claimed that retiree costs were a drain on the fund so they wanted to drop us completely. Our union trustees had to agree to a compromise plan which makes our retirees pay the exact same amount as the companies pay for it's employees. That amount is 5 times what we were paying per month. And that happened 10 years ago. Who was the president then? It certainly wasn't Obama.

Back to the issue of moderating. And this is just a suggestion so don't say I'm trying to run you off. If you don't like the way ABFer moderates this forum why don't you do like I did on billy bob's and not post here?

Oh ok. So it'd ok to allow insults from some members but not othets. Got it.

Bring up Obama and his failed unconstitutional healthcare law wasn't an attempt to derail anything. The issue of health insurance cost came up. Can't talk about health insurance cost without talking about Obummercare that is having a direct impact on cost.
Yes health insurance cost have been going up before Obummercare. But Obummercare was suppose to reduce cost. Well it's had opposite effect. Now cost are increasing at a faster rate then ever before. So what did we get with Obummercare? Answer is less freedom and more expensive healthcare. Woo hoo! And I won't forget that the unions who are suppose to have our backs, endorsed this law. Teamsters as well as other union members are being hurt by this law.

I'm an ABF driver. I'll post here.

Maybe the moderator needs to do a better job?

Bring up Obama and his failed unconstitutional healthcare law wasn't an attempt to derail anything. The issue of health insurance cost came up. Can't talk about health insurance cost without talking about Obummercare that is having a direct impact on cost.
Yes health insurance cost have been going up before Obummercare. But Obummercare was suppose to reduce cost. Well it's had opposite effect. Now cost are increasing at a faster rate then ever before. So what did we get with Obummercare? Answer is less freedom and more expensive healthcare. Woo hoo! And I won't forget that the unions who are suppose to have our backs, endorsed this law. Teamsters as well as other union members are being hurt by this law.

Are you claiming that the issue of healthcare costs caused by Obamacare is a valid reason for ODFL drivers to not come over ABF? From what I've read the no cost healthcare provided by ABF is a much better benefit than employees having to pay even more for their healthcare at ODFL

I see, you want it both ways. It's okay by you that other mods can run their forums their way. But because you work for ABF you want ABFer to moderate his site your way..........I get it.

Are you claiming that the issue of healthcare costs caused by Obamacare is a valid reason for ODFL drivers to not come over ABF? From what I've read the no cost healthcare provided by ABF is a much better benefit than employees having to pay even more for their healthcare at ODFL

No, I'm talking about health insurance cost in general. I don't know why drivers are jumping ship. Everyone has different reasons. Ask them why.

I see, you want it both ways. It's okay by you that other mods can run their forums their way. But because you work for ABF you want ABFer to moderate his site your way..........I get it.

Didn't I just say the OD moderator was wrong too? You have my PM.

Ya moderate my way. Meaning rules apply to everyone equally. Isn't that how it's suppose to be?

If I insult and the Modv edits my post, thats fine. But shouldn't he do that for everyone?

No, I'm talking about health insurance cost in general. I don't know why drivers are jumping ship. Everyone has different reasons. Ask them why.

Ask them why you say, well that's what this thread is all about. Why are ODFL drivers going to ABF. The thread had nothing to do with healthcare costs in general until you took it down that road.

I have not seen any changes in my health insurance sine Bammercare came into effect, what changes have you experienced?

I'll be that if you took a poll an overwhelming majority would respond that I do a fine job. Not everyone is going to be happy.

It could be that Brother Songremainsthesame is right about what HE gets paid from OD.........And that would probably be the crux of the matter. I do know that pretty much every non-Union employer requires that employees don't discuss their personal pay packages with each other. ...What one driver says he gets paid,.....might be completely different from what another driver,.....in the same facility, doing the same job,....gets paid. There is NO published pay structure in a non-Union barn, like a......contract. We have to take as granted what each driver says he gets paid,........and then look at the amount of controversy between employees of the same company arguing about how much, who , and when. Here in W. Penna., there are two FedEx terminals within 30 miles of each other....Supposedly,.....and this is according to the FedEx drivers at both facilities,....the northern terminal gets a dollar an hour more ,....because the bulk of their peddling is in the City of Pittsburgh,...........EVEN THOUGH, both terminals exchange both drivers and delivery points because of call-offs, vacations, and long-term illnesses.....It's not written down anywhere,.....like in a contract,.....We just have to take each drivers' word for it, that that is what they're getting paid,.........I don't know about the rest of you, but I can see the potential for some great abuse, and some disingenuousness by the employers that don't have a published pay scale,.....like a contract,.....But I can see the reason for some of the OD guys to leave an employer-at-will facility like OD,...and come to a contractually- defined employer........

Ya moderate my way. Meaning rules apply to everyone equally. Isn't that how it's suppose to be?

If I insult and the Modv edits my post, thats fine. But shouldn't he do that for everyone?

Yes you said the OD moderator was wrong but what I got from your post is that it's okay for him to moderate the way he wants. If so then why can't ABFer moderate the way he wants?

I could be wrong and I'm not going to reread all of your posts. But aren't you the one who usually first makes comments attacking the poster instead of the posts. You know the little snide remarks like can't you read or are you always this anal etc. The kind of little digs meant to **** someone off.

Ask them why you say, well that's what this thread is all about. Why are ODFL drivers going to ABF. The thread had nothing to do with healthcare costs in general until you took it down that road.
And being the horrible moderator that I am I let that happen. :732:

Ya Stoney, now read the next quote.
You know, you've been spreading that lie that OD drivers don't get psid fot drop and hooks, making and breaking sets and breakdowns.

Are your stupid or stubborn?

I gave you some slack there, why aren't you complaining about that? I didn't hear a peep out of YRC-ATM for letting him get insulted and not letting Js B&G get insulted. :shrug: :GrowUp: and fly straight and there will be no problems and quit :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

I only brought up healthcare costs as reply ltl1 post. You seem to took acception to that.

Ok ABF 0 health care cost. Second to none in insurance coverage. How much is OD health ,vision ,dental plan and how much are the deducts and copays. That B.S. line pensions not going to be there is older than my grandfathers farts. Same thing you here about SS. How about when you show up for a 9a.m. start and trailer not ready, they tell you to wait till your trailers ready before punching in .How much is drop and hook, delay pay for waiting on trailers. Yeah lets here it fellows. How many personal and sick days. How many guys at OD retire in there early 50's. WE had one at 47,4 at 50, one at 57,one just left at 60. OH no wait pensions not going to be there . HAHAHA they said they were saying the same thing when they were here. 3600.00 month NICE.How much is OD pension again?:6788:

Apparently you're not aware of what health insurance cost are for retired Teamsters. The days of retiring early are long gone! You can thank Obummercare and the Teamsters for that.

What does the Teamsters have to do with retiree health care costs? My health insurance costs as a retired Teamster are less than the average retiree. When I became eligible for medicare I was bombarded with mail from supplemental health care plans. But none could match my Teamsters union welfare medicare supplement plan of $146 a month. They pay the balance for everything that medicare covers. In fact the fund even covers my yearly medicare deductible

Had a set gaining on me the other night up a hill, thought it was OD because, it was obviously a Cascadia (can't mistake those headlights) but, to my surprise, it was a brand new ABF Cascadia. First 1 I've seen.

Yes you said the OD moderator was wrong but what I got from your post is that it's okay for him to moderate the way he wants. If so then why can't ABFer moderate the way he wants?

I could be wrong and I'm not going to reread all of your posts. But aren't you the one who usually first makes comments attacking the poster instead of the posts. You know the little snide remarks like can't you read or are you always this anal etc. The kind of little digs meant to **** someone off.

Hey could have taken on him on like I did with ABFer. I did and I won.

I never said I was innocent. Of course I insult, I'm not the only one though. But I'm the only one that had my posts edited.