ODFL to ABF

Discussion in 'ABF Freight System' started by bknodfl, Jun 14, 2014.

1. GO40

GO40 Banned

This forum is going to be a ghost town in the near future if things don't change....

2. canaryinthemine

canaryinthemine Retirement....The Job I Was Born To Have!

To get back on thread,....How about my theory that some of the OFDL drivers are leaving because of employment-at-will laws and the ability of non-Union employers to pay each driver individually,...according to what they think the driver is worth, or whatever personal deal he has made,.......and then forbid the employees to discuss compensation packages amongst themselves,......as opposed to a published pay structure,....like a contract,...in which the company is held by both the grievance procedure and Labor law, to pay every driver exactly according to the published scale,.....i.e.: the contract? Could this be the reason some of the ODFL drivers have left to come to ABF, because they observed,...or were part of ,....a culture of discrimination, as far as compensation goes?

3. yrc-atm

yrc-atm commodities relocator

Cant be. They have hot dog roasts to counter such things.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Forum Runner

4. Sugarfoot

Sugarfoot " I'm just a truck driver "

Don't forget "Pizza Fridays":LMAO::shift:

5. Songremainsthesame

Songremainsthesame Well-Known Member

??? We have a pay scale, varies by region of the country, but we have a starting rate and a top out at the end of 3 years of service.

6. Songremainsthesame

Songremainsthesame Well-Known Member

What's wrong with a company provided cookout from time to time? Or are you just sad that your employer is too broke to buy you a hot dog or doesn't care about you?

7. CenturyClass

CenturyClass Lead-side Recruit

yrc sounds like a butthurt wanna be OD driver who got his application rejected a few times or something.

Never seen a bigger company basher of a company he never worked for.

8. kenneth

kenneth Well-Known Member

Forget the Pizza's..We have Steak&Potato's&salad&all the Green Kool-Aid you can drink.:guinesssmilie:

9. kenneth

kenneth Well-Known Member

:hysterical::couch:

10. yrc-atm

Never even had a thought about looking at an OD app.

11. yrc-atm

Nope. I will get surf and turf many times over with the overtime pay and no cost insurance.

12. Hoodock

Hoodock Well-Known Member

They need to spend the money very carefully. The big wigs need to protect those bonus checks!

13. Sugarfoot

Sugarfoot " I'm just a truck driver "

Don't get all worked up, we're just having a little fun. I run out of Carlisle, Pa. and talk to "Billy" on the radio, nice guy. And "Spider" , he does the reverse of what I do from LI., to Carlisle, a real Gentleman and hard worker, he gives me traffic reports and I do the same for him. And who doesn't enjoy talking to "Left Lane Leroy" Great Guy.

14. mud

mud Wonderin'

It's all about finding contentment in your life.

15. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Crickets......hmmm....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

16. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

No reply to my answer to you?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

17. Ruffian 72

Ruffian 72 Well-Known Member

On YRC forum, Central States Pension fund looking gooooood. Feel for those still working, especially under 50, who fell for con. Happy for those retired living on the gravey on the promise. Took care of mine a long time ago, NEVER depend on an employer or Gov.

18. Ruffian 72

Ruffian 72 Well-Known Member

Communist cool-aider canary. What, our pay scale is published. So is benefits. Being single, my insurance is $10.83 week. Co pay $35, waived at walk in's, and most regular services free or almost nothing. Understand paying something, isn't right in your idealogy, yet a over $100000 procedures costs me $1,500 last year. If I catch a over charge or service I didn't receive, they take it off my deductible. So, yes I pay ATTENTION to my medical care. $10 for 90 day prescriptions. Really?? Only thing making my insurance or co-pays going up is your corrupt crony Obama's medical scam. Only thing that varies is company matched profit sharing. My share last year was well over $8,000, almost $9. + 6% return on funds contributed by myself by OD. Oh, and I control all monies in my account. What again was ABF's profit again under union control??? Already commented the wages being higher since union represented the drivers so well last time. Overtime is not really an issue now, since on 50 hour week it's $15 bucks, even at 47.5 hours and OD pays more under gross under 47.5. NUMBERS. Be more wage increases and benefits come September. New tractors, trailers, dollies and facilities constantly. Our terminal has doubled. Understand the mentality of protecting the screw ups, slackers, and scumbags, just don't agree with it. It costs everyone too much and kills incentive to do better.

19. GO40

GO40 Banned

Boo hoo the union did you & your father wrong, do you think your the only ones this happened to? It's still the best game in town as far as I'm concerned. What does od put toward your retirement? I have other investments besides my pension to rely on it it's not there when I retire....so I look at as a bonus if it's still there when it's my time

20. Crystal

Crystal Well-Known Member

He we go again another intelligent post by the OD apologist. just what information do you have to support your claim that our pension funds are a con? Is that your bongee scheme theory? What have you got to back it up?

I haven't seen your response to the fact that ODFL doesn't layoff, They terminate and sometimes rehire like in your case. But I was right in what I posted and I provided proof. So lets see what you have to back up your claim.