-------------------------------- -------------- -----------

Old Dominion

$25 x 50 hours= $1250

Gross Hours for 50= $1250

Average Hourly Rate is $25
------------------ -------------- -------------- ----------
ABF. / Old Dominion
$1265 - $1250= $15

Conclusion: ABF over 50 hours with O.T. only makes $0.30 more an hour than Old Dominion.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Now just add the benefits in and the world will see the bottom line.............

What no response from Ruffian 72 on OD's policy of terminations v/s layoffs? Someone please show me the light. I'm just trying to get my facts straight like he wants.

Your beating your fingers up for nothing
When it comes to facts their are none. Each location has its own judge with no jury.
What no response from Ruffian 72 on OD's policy of terminations v/s layoffs? Someone please show me the light. I'm just trying to get my facts straight like he wants.

ABF

$23 x 40 hours = $920
Plus OT.
$34.50 x 10 hours= $345

Gross Total for 50 hours= $1265

Average Hourly Rate is $25.30

-------------------------------- -------------- -----------

Old Dominion

$25 x 50 hours= $1250

Gross Hours for 50= $1250

Average Hourly Rate is $25
------------------ -------------- -------------- ----------
ABF. / Old Dominion
$1265 - $1250= $15

Conclusion: ABF over 50 hours with O.T. only makes $0.30 more an hour than Old Dominion.

Now take the weekly deductions from OD for benefits and ABF is much higher in compensation. Not to mention ABF drivers are paid for ALL time spent on duty.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Forum Runner

Actually, I stated, ABF was fine, union mentality sucked. Everyone has their priorities. I have run for both, if going to union shop and mentality that goes with it suits a driver that's fine. I wasn't suited for the "Whiner" and "Just enuff to get by" mentality of union shop, some are, I wasn't. 80% of my terminals drivers were union, ABF/Yellow etc. ex-union have been here since 05 when OD took over, never lost an OD driver here due to a union shop hiring, yet sure get a lot of union guys asking for applications. We have tripled our location in 8 years, ABF and Yellow closed their terminals. Yep, great to be ignorant, just NOT TO THE FACTS.

The "just enuf to get by" and "whiner" mentality you speak of are typical anti-union talking points and not facts. Are there slugs? Absolutely. They are everywhere including your beloved OD. Yellow closed terminals because they were redundant when they bought roadway. Why have 2 200 door terminals 6 blocks apart? ABF may have closed some terminals as part of consolidation. All employees are able to follow the work. OD is expanding for no other reason other than they didnt yet have nationwide coverage. Too bad this has to be part of an ABF thread. Try this on the OD forum and the company censors would have most of the posters on this thread banned.

. Too bad this has to be part of an ABF thread. Try this on the OD forum and the company censors would have most of the posters on this thread banned.

You are right. If this thread was on the OD forum we would be attacked as trolls and ran off by a mod. I thought the TB policy was to attack the post and not the poster. But apparently that rule doesn't apply to the OD forum

Ok ABF 0 health care cost. Second to none in insurance coverage. How much is OD health ,vision ,dental plan and how much are the deducts and copays. That B.S. line pensions not going to be there is older than my grandfathers farts. Same thing you here about SS. How about when you show up for a 9a.m. start and trailer not ready, they tell you to wait till your trailers ready before punching in .How much is drop and hook, delay pay for waiting on trailers. Yeah lets here it fellows. How many personal and sick days. How many guys at OD retire in there early 50's. WE had one at 47,4 at 50, one at 57,one just left at 60. OH no wait pensions not going to be there . HAHAHA they said they were saying the same thing when they were here. 3600.00 month NICE.How much is OD pension again?:6788:

Actually I did, you didn't pay attention, (Got FULL PAY AND BENEFITS when returned) put down the union hall communist Kool-Aid. Yes, if I was a retired union man, I'd love the system that's going broke. I'd be close to gone before it gets reduced or collapses. Sucking the younger drivers dry. Those under 55 are so hosed, yet keep blindly blaming others instead of their leaderships squandering/theft of the funds. See, I came from a family that fought against the union bosses theft from the pensions. (Uncle a shop steward). Yes I know the system. And the palm greasing mentality. Realize many retired union members went with the status quo and got their piece that kept the theft going during that time period. Numbers, like the Social Security system. It's ok, I'm happy, getting raises and added benefits, not reductions. New equipment and great work atmosphere. Issue I can go right into office or pick up the phone. Not a "Whiner of "Constant Moaner", so issues are legit and get taken care of. Believe we are now hourly and mileage pay above ABF. Since I have big boy pants I took control of my retirement long ago. What company adds is GRAVY.

Actually I did, you didn't pay attention, (Got FULL PAY AND BENEFITS when returned) put down the union hall communist Kool-Aid. Yes, if I was a retired union man, I'd love the system that's going broke. I'd be close to gone before it gets reduced or collapses. Sucking the younger drivers dry. Those under 55 are so hosed, yet keep blindly blaming others instead of their leaderships squandering/theft of the funds. See, I came from a family that fought against the union bosses theft from the pensions. (Uncle a shop steward). Yes I know the system. And the palm greasing mentality. Realize many retired union members went with the status quo and got their piece that kept the theft going during that time period. Numbers, like the Social Security system. It's ok, I'm happy, getting raises and added benefits, not reductions. New equipment and great work atmosphere. Issue I can go right into office or pick up the phone. Not a "Whiner of "Constant Moaner", so issues are legit and get taken care of. Believe we are now hourly and mileage pay above ABF. Since I have big boy pants I took control of my retirement long ago. What company adds is GRAVY.

And your post has exactly WHAT to do with my post you quoted? I'm glad you are happy at OD and I have nothing against OD workers. But what has that got to do with my question as to OD's policy of terminations v/s layoffs? You told me to get my facts straight and I am trying to pay attention but your posts are confusing as to which answers apply to which questions

You claimed that you were laid off and then rehired. I did acknowledge that you got full pay on your rehire. I may be wrong but I thought workers were recalled from layoff status not rehired.

Ok ABF 0 health care cost. Second to none in insurance coverage. How much is OD health ,vision ,dental plan and how much are the deducts and copays. That B.S. line pensions not going to be there is older than my grandfathers farts. Same thing you here about SS. How about when you show up for a 9a.m. start and trailer not ready, they tell you to wait till your trailers ready before punching in .How much is drop and hook, delay pay for waiting on trailers. Yeah lets here it fellows. How many personal and sick days. How many guys at OD retire in there early 50's. WE had one at 47,4 at 50, one at 57,one just left at 60. OH no wait pensions not going to be there . HAHAHA they said they were saying the same thing when they were here. 3600.00 month NICE.How much is OD pension again?:6788:

Apparently you're not aware of what health insurance cost are for retired Teamsters. The days of retiring early are long gone! You can thank Obummercare and the Teamsters for that.

You are right. If this thread was on the OD forum we would be attacked as trolls and ran off by a mod. I thought the TB policy was to attack the post and not the poster. But apparently that rule doesn't apply to the OD forum

Complain to do ABF Moderator.

This is a question for stoney. You are well within your right to give likes to Ruffian 72's posts on this thread. But do you really think they bring any relevant information to the topic of discussion? Or are you just liking them because he is trying to put down the union?

Why complain when it's easier to just stay off of the green acres forum. And besides what can ABFer do about it? Can you honestly say that you we treated fairly over there?

Actually, I stated, ABF was fine, union mentality sucked. Everyone has their priorities. I have run for both, if going to union shop and mentality that goes with it suits a driver that's fine. I wasn't suited for the "Whiner" and "Just enuff to get by" mentality of union shop, some are, I wasn't. 80% of my terminals drivers were union, ABF/Yellow etc. ex-union have been here since 05 when OD took over, never lost an OD driver here due to a union shop hiring, yet sure get a lot of union guys asking for applications. We have tripled our location in 8 years, ABF and Yellow closed their terminals. Yep, great to be ignorant, just NOT TO THE FACTS.

What happened to these guys? No change agreement to protect them Kool_Aid drinker.

In November 2008, Con-way Freight completed a major network re-engineering to reduce service exceptions, improve on-time
delivery and bring faster transit times while deploying a lower-c
ost, more efficient service center network better aligned to
customer needs and business volumes. The re-engineering did not
change Con-way Freight’s serv
ice coverage, but did involve
the closure of 40 service centers, with shipment volumes from cl
osing locations redistributed and balanced among more than 100
nearby service centers.

http://www.con-way.com/resources/section16_qtrs/2009/09_03_10Q_Final.pdf

Didn't lose no drivers you must have taken a double dose of Kool-Aid. Or is your great company lying?

09_03 10Q Final.doc
- 12 -
Economic Workforce Reduction
In response to a decline in year-over-year business volumes th
at accelerated during the fourth
quarter of 2008, Con-way Freight
reduced its workforce by 1,450 positions in December 2008. In
addition to reducing the workforce
at operating locations, the
reduction also eliminated positions at Con-way Freight’s general office and administrative center,and included a realignment of its area and regional division structure to streamline management

Last edited by a moderator:
Still no facts , just a lot of dick swinging

I guess you missed this memo to huh? Now let's just see your matching statement and your $8,000.00 a year return on your account. You may try and push some around but I will be your HUCKLEBERRY!

Cost-Reduction Actions
In response to economic conditions, Con-way announced in March 2009 several measures to reduce costs and conserve cash.
These measures substantially consist of the suspension or curtailment of employee benefits and a reduction in salaries and wages,as detailed below.

Salaries and Wages
Effective March 29, 2009, the salaries and wages of certain employees were reduced by 5%, including corporate and shared-services employees and those at the Con-way Freight and Road Systems business units. If this reduction would have been
effective in the first quarter of 2009, wages and salaries expense would have been lower by $11.9 million and a substantial portion of the expense reduction would have been recognized in the Freight reporting segment.

Compensated Absences
Effective April 1, 2009, a compensated-absences benefit was
suspended at Con-way Freight. Prior to the suspension,
employees’ current-year service earned a compensated-absences benefit eligible for use in the subsequent year. During the period of suspension, no compensated-absences benefits will be earned for current-year service; however, employees may
use previously vested benefits. The compensated-absences benefit expense in the first quarter of 2009 includes a $3.3
million decrease attributed to the salary - and wage-rate reductions effective on March 29, 2009, as the future payment of previously vested benefits will be paid at reduced rates. If the suspension would have been effective in the first quarter of 2009, the expense for compensated-absences benefits recognized in the Freight reporting segment would have been lower by an additional $10.6 million

Also, effective March 8, 2009, Menlo Worldwide Logistics reduced its compensated-absences benefit by 25%. During the period of reduced benefits, employees’ current-year service continues to earn (at a lower rate) a compensated-absences benefit eligible for use in the current on would have been effective in the first quarter of 2009, the year. If this suspension expense for compensated-absences benefits recognized in the Logistics reporting segment would have been lower by $0.4 million.

And it goes on and on. You can read it in it's entirety at.

SO DON'T TALK LIKE SUCH A HIGH AND MIGHTY!

Apparently you're not aware of what health insurance cost are for retired Teamsters. The days of retiring early are long gone! You can thank Obummercare and the Teamsters for that.

What does the Teamsters have to do with retiree health care costs? My health insurance costs as a retired Teamster are less than the average retiree. When I became eligible for medicare I was bombarded with mail from supplemental health care plans. But none could match my Teamsters union welfare medicare supplement plan of $146 a month. They pay the balance for everything that medicare covers. In fact the fund even covers my yearly medicare deductible

What does the Teamsters have to do with retiree health care costs? My health insurance costs as a retired Teamster are less than the average retiree. When I became eligible for medicare I was bombarded with mail from supplemental health care plans. But none could match my Teamsters union welfare medicare supplement plan of $146 a month. They pay the balance for everything that medicare covers. In fact the fund even covers my yearly medicare deductible
Great post. Nothing like hearing the FACTS! YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!