ABF | ODFL to ABF

This is a question for stoney. You are well within your right to give likes to Ruffian 72's posts on this thread. But do you really think they bring any relevant information to the topic of discussion? Or are you just liking them because he is trying to put down the union?

I believe Ruffian is making valid points.

What does the Teamsters have to do with retiree health care costs? My health insurance costs as a retired Teamster are less than the average retiree. When I became eligible for medicare I was bombarded with mail from supplemental health care plans. But none could match my Teamsters union welfare medicare supplement plan of $146 a month. They pay the balance for everything that medicare covers. In fact the fund even covers my yearly medicare deductible

Oh ok, so the retired Teamsters I know, like my father are lying to me when they say their health insurance premium cost are over $1000. So I'm not seeing retired line haul drivers return as casuals just to help pay for their insurance?
My dad was lucky. He just dropped his insurance and went the V.A.

What do Teamsters have to with your health insurance? I don't your deal. But I know health insurance rates are skyrocketing around the nation because of Obummercare. And the Teamsters helped put Obama in the White House and endorsed Obummercare in the beginning. Now they're against Obummercare. I wonder why?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Why complain when it's easier to just stay off of the green acres forum. And besides what can ABFer do about it? Can you honestly say that you we treated fairly over there?

Isn't ABFer the moderator over the ABF forum?

Isn't ABFer the moderator over the ABF forum?

Yes but what has that to do with the gestapo tactics used on the OD site? ABFer is just a moderator on this forum. As far as I know he doesn't have super moderator authority on other forums......And besides I'm not complaining about them posting over here. Let them have at it. We have nothing to hide like they do.

Yes but what has that to do with the gestapo tactics used on the OD site? ABFer is just a moderator on this forum. As far as I know he doesn't have super moderator authority on other forums......And besides I'm not complaining about them posting over here. Let them have at it. We have nothing to hide like they do.

Ya you are complaining. My point is simple. Each forum has their own Mods. They can run em pretty much as they like.

Oh ok, so the retired Teamsters I know, like my father are lying to me when they say their health insurance premium cost are over $1000. So I'm not seeing retired line haul drivers return as casuals just to help pay for their insurance?
My dad was lucky. He just dropped his insurance and went the V.A.

What do Teamsters have to with your health insurance? I don't your deal. But I know health insurance rates are skyrocketing around the nation because of Obummercare. And the Teamsters helped put Obama in the White House and endorsed Obummercare in the beginning. Now they're against Obummercare. I wonder why?

Stop being dramatic, I never said anyone was lying. But since you brought it up $1,000 a month for 1 person is outrageous. When my COBRA ran out 2 years ago just 5 months shy of my turning 65 it cost me $575 a month for full BCBS coverage under my Teamster plan.

As to the Teamsters being responsible for skyrocketing healthcare costs because they backed Obama. Then I guess every person who voted for Bush is responsible for every American serviceman's death in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Ya you are complaining. My point is simple. Each forum has their own Mods. They can run em pretty much as they like.

Show me one complaint I've made about anyone posting on this forum.........And my point is also very simple the TB rules are not applied the same on all forums. I never knew that certain forms had exemptions from the site rules. But no problem I just avoid that forum. I don't wear rose colored glasses.

I must have missed them. Please show me one valid point he made that applies to the thread topic?

Oh and he continues to ignore the reason for him and I even debating. That is was he laid off or terminated and rehired. And does OD terminate and rehire without regard to seniority?

Hey stoney, I just went back and reread all 15 of my posts on this thread. I can't find any that look like complaints. Please show me what I missed.

Stop being dramatic, I never said anyone was lying. But since you brought it up $1,000 a month for 1 person is outrageous. When my COBRA ran out 2 years ago just 5 months shy of my turning 65 it cost me $575 a month for full BCBS coverage under my Teamster plan.

As to the Teamsters being responsible for skyrocketing healthcare costs because they backed Obama. Then I guess every person who voted for Bush is responsible for every American serviceman's death in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Wow, you're comparing national security to a healthcare law?

I would say no though. We were attacked. The Taliban and Al-Qaeda want us dead. They started the wars, we just reacted. Big flip difference.
Obama ran on so called healthcare reform. Bush didn't run on starting wars.

Al Qaeda and the Taliban are responsible for killing our troops.

Ya the Teamsters helped get that terrible bill passed, so they should take responsibility. Why shouldn't they?

Show me one complaint I've made about anyone posting on this forum.........And my point is also very simple the TB rules are not applied the same on all forums. I never knew that certain forms had exemptions from the site rules. But no problem I just avoid that forum. I don't wear rose colored glasses.

Post #27....

I must have missed them. Please show me one valid point he made that applies to the thread topic?

Oh and he continues to ignore the reason for him and I even debating. That is was he laid off or terminated and rehired. And does OD terminate and rehire without regard to seniority?

It's my opinion he did. I'm expert of mine own opinion.

And does OD terminate and rehire without regard to seniority?

I don't know. I work for ABF.

They terminate and rehire. I refused to "reapply" when told I could. I for one wasn't starting over from scratch. Not to mention the $95 for family health coverage weekly. It isn't all roses at OD. If it was they wouldn't be recruiting out of truck driving schools now. I'm a former employee. 2004 to 2008. I was economically terminated as a road driver.

They terminate and rehire. I refused to "reapply" when told I could. I for one wasn't starting over from scratch. Not to mention the $95 for family health coverage weekly. It isn't all roses at OD. If it was they wouldn't be recruiting out of truck driving schools now. I'm a former employee. 2004 to 2008. I was economically terminated as a road driver.

Finally, some one steps up and answers my question. I wonder if stoney will give you a like since you have added a valid point to the thread?

It's my opinion he did. I'm expert of mine own opinion.

I don't know. I work for ABF. Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Of course it your opinion, but it didn't answer my question. I asked you to show me what you thought was a valid point he added to this thread. Whats the matter couldn't you find one?

As for your smug answer on OD's policy of terminations v/s layoffs, thanks for nothing. You know I wasn't asking you. You don't know the answer even though I posted it for you a while back. And your reply was very interesting or something like that.......

Post #27. ..........Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Is that the best you can do? Here is post 27

You are right. If this thread was on the OD forum we would be attacked as trolls and ran off by a mod. I thought the TB policy was to attack the post and not the poster. But apparently that rule doesn't apply to the OD forum

You are really grasping at straws. All I did was agree with YRC-ATM's post