ABF | ODFL to ABF

Apparently you're not aware of what health insurance cost are for retired Teamsters. The days of retiring early are long gone! You can thank Obummercare and the Teamsters for that.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Your not aware brother, all these guys retires within the last 3 years. One just retired Thursday.

Wow, you're comparing national security to a healthcare law?Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Now your being ridiculous, I was just trying to apply your logic. But Bush did send us to war when neither Iraq or Afghanistan attacked us and we voted for him. That seems to me as the same as your blaming the Teamsters for Obamacare

What does the Teamsters have to do with retiree health care costs? My health insurance costs as a retired Teamster are less than the average retiree. When I became eligible for medicare I was bombarded with mail from supplemental health care plans. But none could match my Teamsters union welfare medicare supplement plan of $146 a month. They pay the balance for everything that medicare covers. In fact the fund even covers my yearly medicare deductible

Crystal this guys knows it all.Been a teamsters about 3 minutes and probably never been inside the union hall for one meeting.

You know, you've been spreading that lie that OD drivers don't get psid fot drop and hooks, making and breaking sets and breakdowns.

Are your stupid or stubborn?

You know I have yet to have an OD driver refute it. In fact they have confirmed that they dont get delay or breakdown pay. Looks like you are the one that is either stunborn or stupid.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Forum Runner

They terminate and rehire. I refused to "reapply" when told I could. I for one wasn't starting over from scratch. Not to mention the $95 for family health coverage weekly. It isn't all roses at OD. If it was they wouldn't be recruiting out of truck driving schools now. I'm a former employee. 2004 to 2008. I was economically terminated as a road driver.

I can hardly wait to read Ruffians reply to your post. But all we'll probably get are more of his past experiences with those bad lazy Teamsters. Or maybe we'll just get crickets

You know I have yet to have an OD driver refute it. In fact they have confirmed that they dont get delay or breakdown pay. Looks like you are the one that is either stunborn or stupid.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Forum Runner

When I was there, and per friends it hasn't changed, they get $1.50 for fueling and $1.50 for drops and hooks. That's six bucks for a set. No delay or breakdown. We used to sit forever at some barns and didn't receive squat.

I can hardly wait to read Ruffians reply to your post. But all we'll probably get are more of his past experiences with those bad lazy Teamsters. Or maybe we'll just get crickets

Like the time one of them told me they don't use the rail. He didn't have anything to say when I told him I broke containers constantly when working the dock. OD used to really push the propaganda about how much better they were. A lot of guys really believed that crap. I see not much has changed.

Stoney seems to really dislike the Teamsters. I'm not sure why he works for ABF.

You seem to really love the Teamsters, I'm not sure why you work for FedEx.

It's not that I like or dislike the Teamsters. I'm just not a drone, and have no problem with criticizing them.

They terminate and rehire. I refused to "reapply" when told I could. I for one wasn't starting over from scratch. Not to mention the $95 for family health coverage weekly. It isn't all roses at OD. If it was they wouldn't be recruiting out of truck driving schools now. I'm a former employee. 2004 to 2008. I was economically terminated as a road driver.

ABF has lowered their standards too. 1 year experience now. Also lowered the age from 25 to 21.

Your not aware brother, all these guys retires within the last 3 years. One just retired Thursday.

I misread post Jr. Those you listed are exceptions to the rule. I can guarantee you they didn't retire straight up. Did their spouses have insurance? They get another job? Maybe they're vets?

Crystal this guys knows it all.Been a teamsters about 3 minutes and probably never been inside the union hall for one meeting.

3rd generation Teamster, and in the Teamsters myself since 02. Next?

Last edited by a moderator:
You seem to really love the Teamsters, I'm not sure why you work for FedEx.

It's not that I like or dislike the Teamsters. I'm just not a drone, and have no problem with criticizing them.

ABF is closer for me to drive, but they never seem to be hiring. I get $24.28 hourly top rate here, 61.245 mileage, overtime after 8 on the day and 40 on the week. I pay $21 weekly for family coverage too, but I'd gladly trade it for the security of the Teamsters. Go read out new driver scorecard forums. I understand criticism sometimes of the Teamsters union, but you never say anything positive.

Call it what you will. In end, it was still complaining.

Ok you win you can have the last word on my complaining. But why would my agreeing with yrc-atm's post cause you to tell me to complain to our moderator? Why didn't you offer your opinion on why OD drivers are leaving for ABF? Why don't you stop playing games and just admit you don't have the answers. Admit your off topic posts were just a feeble attempt at back dooring the Teamsters?

ABF is closer for me to drive, but they never seem to be hiring. I get $24.28 hourly top rate here, 61.245 mileage, overtime after 8 on the day and 40 on the week. I pay $21 weekly for family coverage too, but I'd gladly trade it for the security of the Teamsters. Go read out new driver scorecard forums. I understand criticism sometimes of the Teamsters union, but you never say anything positive.

You actually think the contracts at ABF are going to get better?

Lately the unions have done very little for me to brag about.

You really want me to say something positive about the Teamsters after they helped negotiate a contract with a 7% pay cut, weeks loss vacation and outside carriers pulling our freight?
You really want me to say something positive about the Teamsters who helped Obama pass a law that violates my liberties and makes healthcare costs higher?

He made a good point about the pensions, and OT pay.

What was his good point about the pensions? Was it the "Bongee scheme if under 50. Numbers don't add up"? That one is right up your alley. Or was it "the pension stealing union bosses"? They were certainly not on the topic of why OD drivers are going to ABF........ I think you should rehuddle up with your anti union buddies and come up with some valid arguments. And while you're at it maybe you can find out what bongee is.

Not taking a side. ABFer said $90. Just wondering where he came up with that number.

10 hrs OT at ABF=$110 in additional money for that extra 1/2 time. $2/hr more at OD for 10 hrs=$20. $110-$20=$90 more for the ten hours between 40 and 50 worked.

Lately the unions have done very little for me to brag about.

You really want me to say something positive about the Teamsters after they helped negotiate a contract with a 7% pay cut, weeks loss vacation and outside carriers pulling our freight?
You really want me to say something positive about the Teamsters who helped Obama pass a law that violates my liberties and makes healthcare costs higher?

I find all of these complaints ironic since the only reason you voted against the give back contract was the ability for the company to add cameras to our trucks. I will agree that all we get out of 25 Louisiana Ave these days is hot air.

Muler, you're saying Conway, these guys are saying OD, it looks like you got 'em mixed up.

Lately the unions have done very little for me to brag about.Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Lately you say. I can't recall you ever bragging about the Teamsters. I must have missed them so how about you showing me one or two.

Ok you win you can have the last word on my complaining. But why would my agreeing with yrc-atm's post cause you to tell me to complain to our moderator? Why didn't you offer your opinion on why OD drivers are leaving for ABF? Why don't you stop playing games and just admit you don't have the answers. Admit your off topic posts were just a feeble attempt at back dooring the Teamsters?

Both companies offer something different to everybody. Everyone has different priorities. Pension may be more important to one while vacations may be more important.

And I don't need feeble attempts to criticize the Teamsters. They give me plenty of ammunition.