ABF | ODFL to ABF

Stop being dramatic, I never said anyone was lying. But since you brought it up $1,000 a month for 1 person is outrageous. When my COBRA ran out 2 years ago just 5 months shy of my turning 65 it cost me $575 a month for full BCBS coverage under my Teamster plan.

As to the Teamsters being responsible for skyrocketing healthcare costs because they backed Obama. Then I guess every person who voted for Bush is responsible for every American serviceman's death in Iraq and Afghanistan.
We have a guy retiring the end of august & he is 65 he told me its 5+ a month for cobra....

And I was going to say I'm happy that Stoney only stooped to digressing to calling those who disagree with him names one time. Now it's two, it is one thing I won't let go here. Otherwise, carry on.

And I was going to say I'm happy that Stoney only stooped to digressing to calling those who disagree with him names one time. Now it's two, it is one thing I won't let go here. Otherwise, carry on.

Not my fault can't read.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
This subsidy was a negotiated deal in the Western States Fund which also sends a 13th check each year to retiree's.
It's been too many years since it was explained to me but I still remember the man that helped make all we have in the West Retired Vice President of the IBT Ralph Taurone a great leader of the working man. .
Where does that $475.00 subsidy come from? The cost and availability of retiree health care from one's respective Teamsters Healthcare Fund will vary from fund to fund and mine, for one, has none.

P.S. If there was a successful Teamsters drive at Fedex it should be posted on their website. I'll take a peek and see what I find.

Before you open you're big mouth, learn to read. I said the Administration lied about the V.A. deal, I didn't say they caused the problems.
Obama knew about about the problems since 08, he promised to fix the problems and never did. Then he had the nerve to say he learned about the problems from the news just this year!? He lied! Your Marxist hero lied. Just one lie in a long list of lies.

Ya some choice my dad has. Either pay the $1200 insurance or go with the VA, and get insurance he earned by fighting two tours of duties in Vietnam. Trust me, it's a concern to all of us that my dad gets the care he's been promised from the VA. Hopefully my dad stays one of the lucky ones.
And why would I lie about my father being a Vietnam Vet?

So am I to imply that Dad is accepting substandard care because he is too cheap? or is it that the care he gets is as good or better than the outside care he could get? I have the choice to get private insurance and chose to stay where I am. Why would you lie about dad being a vet. I don't recall saying you lied Point it out if I said I will apologize . I see the mod deleted something so be a man and pm it to me. Oh yeah 2 purple hearts and a CIB '68

So am I to imply that Dad is accepting substandard care because he is too cheap? or is it that the care he gets is as good or better than the outside care he could get? I have the choice to get private insurance and chose to stay where I am. Why would you lie about dad being a vet. I don't recall saying you lied Point it out if I said I will apologize . I see the mod deleted something so be a man and pm it to me. Oh yeah 2 purple hearts and a CIB '68

Well when you said "According to you", I took that as you calling me a liar.

Now if you're dumb enough to pay $1200 insurance or receive care that is free, then go right ahead. More power to you.
My father served and fought for this country. He earned that care. Yes the down side is the care can be substandard. But so far he's been lucky.

Now are you going to call Canary cheap too? He just said he would do the same as my dad.

Bite me FATBOY

LMAO! Not my fault you can't read.

10 hrs OT at ABF=$110 in additional money for that extra 1/2 time. $2/hr more at OD for 10 hrs=$20. $110-$20=$90 more for the ten hours between 40 and 50 worked.

I find all of these complaints ironic since the only reason you voted against the give back contract was the ability for the company to add cameras to our trucks. I will agree that all we get out of 25 Louisiana Ave these days is hot air.

Muler, you're saying Conway, these guys are saying OD, it looks like you got 'em mixed up.
Your right my bad. Posted after a 13.5 shift. Thanks

Combat Infantry Badge Have to spend at least 30 days in combat ( the bush in my case) to qualify. I'm done I've said my peace and will shut my yap.

Better the employer or the free market rather then the government.
So far the government has done such a peachy job with Obummercare uh? Millions still left uninsured, costs going up. Ya what a rousing success!
Plus something you don't like to talk about or probably don't even care about, our liberties being violated. The freedom not to buy a product without being taxed. Or our religious freedoms being violated, ask companies like Hobby Lobby.

Well,....Let's see here,....Last time I checked,...I could vote the people in the government out if I didn't like their policies.......I don't think we can vote CEO's in or out, can we? It isn't a Free market, if the Supreme Court codifies it into law that Money is Free Speech,......which belies the question: "How much Free Speech can you afford?.....And...How much can your employer afford? There's a lot fewer "millions" left uninsured than when we were prior to the Affordable Care Act going into effect. If a certain group in Congress would quit trying to throw monkey wrenches into the law,....."Obummercare",....as you say,....might work as well as Medicare. Surely you're not going to tell me that at age 65 you're going to stand on your principles and refuse Medicare, aren't you? After all, you were "forced" into paying for it all these years. If you decide to take a Moral Stand and refuse Medicare at 65, Stoney,....because your principles won't allow you,.....well,, I'll be the first to applaud you. One of these days it will dawn on you that the wealthy in this country,....in fact, in the world,.......are incensed because all their money won't buy the votes they need to push through their agendas.....That's the genius of Democracy,.......So the wealthy use their money to "trick" enough of the electorate to vote their way,....or to vote for the politicians whose campaigns have been financed by the wealthy,.....(Quid Pro Quo?). The "tricks' include buying media,.....all media is privately owned in this country ,...except for one or two publicly funded channels..........One of these days, you're finally going to realize you've fallen for their "tricks",....and sold your vote to the wealthy,....and sold out your fellow working man. I tell people to: "Vote with your Eyes,...Not your Ears!"....Read,.....do the research,.....don't listen to the slickest, loudest voices on the radio and TV,........."Obummercare",...is the latest virulent disparagement against the Affordable Care Act that's being tossed around on the airwaves,.....You didn't invent that term,......and that's how I know you're listening to the nightly Big Business Bought Me commentators on talk radio,......sometimes I listen, too ,...until I can't stand the slimy innuendoes and baseless strident accusations. The Government is OURS. WE vote them in or out. Big Business is trying to buy it,.....by tricking enough of us to vote their way. Don't fall for the propaganda, young man..........

over the last couple of weeks we lost drivers to abf…why would they do such a thing:17::17:

So I guess that things aren't as great at ODFL as some would have us believe. A job is a job and maybe those couple of drivers saw an opportunity to better themselves by making the change to ABF...... I have nothing against the hardworking employees at OD or any other non union company. If they are happy then that's all that counts. I just don't understand why some want to hide the truth about what goes on at their companies.

So I guess that things aren't as great at ODFL as some would have us believe. A job is a job and maybe those couple of drivers saw an opportunity to better themselves by making the change to ABF...... I have nothing against the hardworking employees at OD or any other non union company. If they are happy then that's all that counts. I just don't understand why some want to hide the truth about what goes on at their companies.
People can be odd. I like to listen to what they say then watch what they do, that's where their true colors lay. Not too many walk the walk to match their talk.

Ignorance is bliss. Thats why OD drivers are so blissful

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Forum Runner

What of his post was ignorance? I seem to recall you having to be corrected on our facts multiple times. At least ruffian has worked for both ABF and OD. You seem to feel yourself quite the expert on OD although admitting you've never worked there.

What of his post was ignorance? I seem to recall you having to be corrected on our facts multiple times. At least ruffian has worked for both ABF and OD. You seem to feel yourself quite the expert on OD although admitting you've never worked there.

I answered that. And am still waiting for a Overtime Deprived driver to correct me.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Forum Runner

What of his post was ignorance? .

I'll show you again a couple of things that were ignorant in his post. First off it was an attempt, at negating the points offered by us without any facts to back them up. Points offered in response to the topic of this thread. He asked for facts but didn't supply any in his post.

Here are some of the ignorant statements in his post. What is a bongee scheme if under 50? What union bosses stole money from what pension funds? What money that he guesses wasn't recovered in the 70's and 80's?

Pension? Bongee scheme if under 50. Not some pension stealing union boss. Was all that money recovered for the 70's-80's, guess not..

And how about his claiming he was laid off and rehired but with a new date of hire. Even though I have provided sworn testimony from an OD VP that OD doesn't layoff they terminate. In my opinion his only reason for posting on this thread was to attack us for showing why some OD people might want to go to ABF. His ignorant (a lack of knowledge on the subject) post started off a pissing contest.......If he had his facts straight then why hasn't he been back to refute our claims?

Actually I was laid off in 09, when myself and others came back/rehired, got full rate and benefits. Just new hired on date. So get the facts straight if making comment. Only if employee leaves and later chooses to rehire is started out as a new hire.

Why does a non vs union topic always degrade to a nit picking of words? Everybody knows he meant Ponzi scheme, and he said "back/rehired"

It's just like when you say "I had a drop in GBO enroute" and some ass says "you mean a kick-off?" Really, WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE??

Why does a non vs union topic always degrade to a nit picking of words? Everybody knows he meant Ponzi scheme, and he said "back/rehired"

It's just like when you say "I had a drop in GBO enroute" and some ass says "you mean a kick-off?" Really, WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE??

Because to be rehired with a new date of hire isn't the same as being recalled from layoff and retaining company seniority. Terminations and layoffs are 2 completely different things. And besides Ruffian is the one who said for me to get my facts straight. The thread degraded because of his post. It was an off topic attack on the union and had I posted it on the OD forum I would have called a non OD employee and a troll by the mod.

Why does a non vs union topic always degrade to a nit picking of words? Everybody knows he meant Ponzi scheme, and he said "back/rehired"]

Then it looks like you are calling me an ass because I did nit pick his rambling attack on the union. It had nothing to do with the topic of this thread This thread originally started out with a question on why ODFL workers would want to go to ABF. I accept being an ass as long as you assign blame to Ruffian and stoney for making this a union v/s non union issue.

And I guess you probably missed the posts attacking our moderator before they mysteriously disappeared

Well it goes toward the understanding of the English language , if you can't say it correctly do you even know what it means? It also puts to question the education or lack there of the poster, I am sure you have sat at a truckstop counter and listened to the "road scholars" there kinda the same thing. Still haven't seen any facts.

'

Why does a non vs union topic always degrade to a nit picking of words? Everybody knows he meant Ponzi scheme,

Since it appears that you are defending his use of words would you like to explain how Teamster pension funds could be considered Ponzi schemes ? To my knowledge not 1 Teamsters MEPF has ever defaulted or missed a retiree's payment in it's 60 years of existance

Pon·zi [pon-zee] Show IPA

noun
a swindle in which a quick return, made up of money from new investors, on an initial investment lures the victim into much bigger risks.

Also called Ponzi game, Ponzi scheme.