ABF | ODFL to ABF

Believe it or not, the FX forum was very similar a few years ago, things have changed drastically though. 2 of the 3 mods have even changed employers.

Most people my age (mid 40's) feel that they are, or will end up, being such. Same thing with SS, there just aren't enough paying into them to sustain them.
I remember them talking about it when I was in high school actually, all the doom and gloom about the retiring baby boomers on the horizon. Who knows, maybe we were "stockholmed", like they're doing now with climate change. All the kids wanna go to the beach now, before they're gone..lol.

Stockholmed, I like that. Contrary to what they would like for us to believe Social Security isn't in any major trouble (IMO). It will be there when you in your 40's retire. SS just need some tweakings to survive. And our pension funds will be there for you too. (in some form) But as I said before congress pandering to big business is out to eliminate all pensions. For years it has enacted laws that stifled growth and allowed the company to defer funding............For years the non union companies have tried to portray our Teamster MEPFs as Ponzi schemes that won't survive. But IMO they are wrong. Our funds have never failed and with the rehabilitation plans and further adjustments they will survive.

Just gotta make it personal after we come back with clarifications on misconceptions that have been discussed earlier. Can't handle the truth?

Ive clarified misconceptions on the OD page about union carriers that were started by od drivers and have received bans from the mods. Then after sending the mod a pm explaining my post I am attacked again. And its ALL the mods at OD. I have also received pms from other OD drivers that arent allowed to post there because they dont tow the OD line.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Forum Runner

:grouphug:O'h i just enjoy'd sipping on my "green kool-aid" all day long in the a/c waiting on my load's..:hysterical:

Since you decided to join in on the debate I just want to let you know that I did final get the answer to my question. Even though you and a few other OD forum posters tried to keep it from coming out.

I also remember Crystal posting about the same ? that was on the other forum&kinda funny that she has involved herself into the same comment that was brought up before.So I would say she is here to:stirthepot:O'h wait her ? has never got answer'd.

Unlike you I don't think that it kind of funny for you to post on this forum even though you're not ABF. As far as I'm concerned all TB members are welcome here.......... I'm glad you enjoy your green kool-aid. Some day you may realized that the race to the bottom will have an effect on all of us.

To sum it all up, the union worked for years to make these decent jobs. The non union company's started popping up & lowered the standard , the people working for them seem to be happy to have a job or that there company is no. 1 no matter what the company throws at them....I work for the best deal for me & my family, I don't care to make a CEO rich off my labor but that's just me....

I can't control the reactions of others on the OD forum so please don't lump all of us together. I believe in debate, just as long as it doesn't get snarky and personal. That's not debate, that's name calling.

I will say this bro, u r the ONLY odfl guy that has been very respectful to me, before i even become a teamster at upsf, when i was working for vitran. I even inboxed you to keep ur ears open for me ,when u would roll through la vernge tn, when u ran th road. So i do respect you bcuz u should me alot of respect

I will say this bro, u r the ONLY odfl guy that has been very respectful to me, before i even become a teamster at upsf, when i was working for vitran. I even inboxed you to keep ur ears open for me ,when u would roll through la vernge tn, when u ran th road. So i do respect you bcuz u should me alot of respect

I do concur with this post. Apparently song hasnt had his OD lobotomy/reprogramming yet

And for that stoney says I was complaining. He will try just about anything to derail a topic when he is losing. One of his favorite tactic seems to be trying to turn it into an attack against Obama and the Teamsters union.

stoney, if my agreeing with yrc-atm's post was complaining then why did you agree with me when I first had the problem on the OD forum? Here is one of the PMs you sent me.

Simple. I judge each case on it's own merits. I felt you were complaining a little here. But I felt Jim at that time was wrong.

Two different cases.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Ive clarified misconceptions on the OD page about union carriers that were started by od drivers and have received bans from the mods. Then after sending the mod a pm explaining my post I am attacked again. And its ALL the mods at OD. I have also received pms from other OD drivers that arent allowed to post there because they dont tow the OD line.

I don't know what you would like me to do about any of the stuff you keep harping about. I am not a moderator over there, nor do I have time or desire to be one. What do you want, a cookie because the big bad moderator made you mad?

Im trying to understand you bro, which is it for linehaul? If ur brokedown ,do u get paid or na?

Yes if you are broken down and on linehaul you are paid as soon as you pull to wherever you end up (shoulder, etc) and call road service. On the clock til you are repaired. I don't know how it works for major breakdowns, but for minor stuff I know you get paid.

Yes if you are broken down and on linehaul you are paid as soon as you pull to wherever you end up (shoulder, etc) and call road service. On the clock til you are repaired. I don't know how it works for major breakdowns, but for minor stuff I know you get paid.
10-4. So y did you leave the road to go and run a peddle? Does OD have one board?

Simple. I judge each case on it's own merits. I felt you were complaining a little here. But I felt Jim at that time was wrong.

Two different cases.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Two different cases on the same incident, nice try but I think not. The post was about the way we were treated by the OD moderator. Some might consider the posting of facts to be complaining but I think you had a different reason for your comment. I think you were trying to confuse the issue because you were losing in your attempt to defend Ruffians ignorant post.

10-4. So y did you leave the road to go and run a peddle? Does OD have one board?

We've got 2 boards, and I gave up about 15 spots (they hired a ton of line drivers in ATL) but my little girl put it in perspective for me. She told me she wanted me to go back to Con-way. When I asked her why she said "because then you wouldn't be gone all the time". Well that did it for this daddy's heart. I transferred to the terminal that covers the area I used to run for Con-way.

Last edited by a moderator: