SAIA | off duty time

Good lord man if you’re that concerned with this go ask someone that knows for sure, contact dot or research it yourself. I asked my safety guy and by l indications it doesn’t save time in your 70 as far as he knew no matter how much you use off duty and I can’t find anything from a research standpoint that verifies it does so either if you’re working hourly all week and running linehaul on weekends your really not making a whole hell of a lot more now if you were hourly and it was all OT then I could understand it. Anyway I don’t know where your service area is but in most cases weekends where I am have nothing great for extra work it’s mostly shorter turns with a few drop and hooks or one flip of 400 or so miles which in most cases is only about a $300 day and that’s all gone in taxes anyway so you never see it.

I agree with ya Steveo he's got my head running in circles now so I'm going OFF-DUTY for the rest of the weekend. I think he is opening himself up to a lot of problems with off duty every time .with all the stuff on these trucks now the company can see how long your sitting eng on or off brakes set on or off speed direction your headed amount of fuel you have etc etc etc. And if he had a DOT officer checking him it would be like WTF is all of this, bottom line once you start the clock is ticking towards that 14 and then you are done plain and simple rant over sorry to hijack your thread