ODFL | off duty

Dooode you're asking for things from a giant company that isn't like the rest of country and pays their employees ot. That there should tell you how scummy top brass thinks of us. You'll get what they give you and not ask for what you want.
That not paying OT always baffled me. How do they get away with that?

Dooode you're asking for things from a giant company that isn't like the rest of country and pays their employees ot. That there should tell you how scummy top brass thinks of us. You'll get what they give you and not ask for what you want.
I'll ask...May not get it but I'll ask.

That not paying OT always baffled me. How do they get away with that?

Because the Congdons need another corporate jet and a huge house on a NC golf course. That move in the year 2016 shows that they really don't give a s... About their hard working drivers. Their front caring for drivers is about as genuine as those truckstop rags with Prime saying the same thing.

Because the Congdons need another corporate jet and a huge house on a NC golf course. That move in the year 2016 shows that they really don't give a s... About their hard working drivers. Their front caring for drivers is about as genuine as those truckstop rags with Prime saying the same thing.
Really????Explain on the move

But the point is you asked!!!

Sure...but only at the beginning. Not when I'd been in the job 3 years.

It's different though. I can ask something for myself and justify my performance. You are asking for something that they have to give to 10,000 other ppl too. There are pros and cons to hourly vs salary...a definite con for hourly is you make the same as the class A turds

Good luck with that

Reactions: Ump
As long as there are applications on the desk they won't

I'd say do the right thing. If Dave is gonna jump in a truck with a driver and say he's one of us, I'm sure he'd want OT also.

But seriously, 2016 what a crap move on OD's part to not recognize drivers for their work after 40 when the rest of the country's professions do.

I'd say do the right thing. If Dave is gonna jump in a truck with a driver and say he's one of us, I'm sure he'd want OT also.

But seriously, 2016 what a crap move on OD's part to not recognize drivers for their work after 40 when the rest of the country's professions do.

My rough estimates....if there are about 4000 city drivers (?) each working 10 hrs/wk over 40 (on average) that'll cost OD an extra $27 million.

That doesn't event figure in the dock workers

My rough estimates....if there are about 4000 city drivers (?) watching working 10 hrs/wk over 40 (on average) that'll cost OD an extra $27 million.

Pay up. Do the right thing in 2016. With profits they've been bragging about year after year we can afford it. Look at that damn stock. Congdons bought low a few months ago because they were probably book cooking / insider trading and now will make a killing. Typical corporate snakes with an accent.

My rough estimates....if there are about 4000 city drivers (?) each working 10 hrs/wk over 40 (on average) that'll cost OD an extra $27 million.

The $27 mil would add about 1 point on the OR. But that's not quantifying the money saved from hiring less drivers and not paying benefits for them.

Again...all rough estimates -- I am purely guessing here

With all the crap management coming in from Conway and FedEx with us not paying OT, the bigger we grow expect the union card to be cried with all this new help. Ya'll notice the change in atmosphere over the past 4 years.

Get with the times, pay your hard working employees OT after 40. The arguments of the 2000's against the idea are prehistoric.

With all the crap management coming in from Conway and FedEx with us not paying OT, the bigger we grow expect the union card to be cried with all this new help. Ya'll notice the change in atmosphere over the past 4 years.

Get with the times, pay your hard working employees OT after 40. The arguments of the 2000's against the idea are prehistoric.
I have to agree...have never understood why they don't

Linehaul drivers better get behind the idea also as you notice piece pay is coming under criticism especially in states like California. Soon you'll be hourly before ya know it also the way this country is going in the *hitter.