Yellow | Off Topic Comments & Snarky Remarks Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope everyone has a happy.happy Forth of July! :1036316054: :usa::usa2:
A7Z3SHc.jpg

I like it.. turnover rates at historically low rates... meaning if you have 1000 drivers,you only have to hire 740 per quarter? Why not get rid of the advertising,recruiters,and gimmicks attached,and just give the drivers you have a nice raise with that money? Never know. Treating people with respect,and nice raises may cut that turnover rate way down...

would just get you a bid run
I like it.. turnover rates at historically low rates... meaning if you have 1000 drivers,you only have to hire 740 per quarter? Why not get rid of the advertising,recruiters,and gimmicks attached,and just give the drivers you have a nice raise with that money? Never know. Treating people with respect,and nice raises may cut that turnover rate way down...

Times have certainly changed, At one time in Charlotte, someone died or retired if you got hired by RTL or PIE
Had to have 20 yrs to get off the extra board.

Times have certainly changed, At one time in Charlotte, someone died or retired if you got hired by RTL or PIE
Hey, did you hear about mud?? He was in an accident today..........Is he dead!!!!!

Last edited:

When Yellow and Roadway merged, it took 19 years seniority to not be laid off in Indy!

Wasn't that attributed to Zollars' famous ,"back office synergy savings"???
Yellow had 77 peddle bids. Roadway had 70. Combined, YRC cut them to 38.

Combined, City, Dock, and Yard, equaled 400 on the board. They kept enough work for 150 people, lost enough customers they didn't need the rest. It's why those who label me 'quitter' don't have a clue. There was no job for me (and 249 others) to quit!

Latest rumor, Mud is strapped for cash, in negotiations with "HAT" to run casual on the "Blue Hotel"
So far, Dave holds firm on a 15% wage reduction, Mud says " It ain't over til its over"
Any one interested in becoming Mud's partner, call BR549, you will talk to a real person, not a machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.