Yellow | Off Topic Comments & Snarky Remarks Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, you had the big 205 hp jobs, ours were B61s and 67s, little 170 hp, no turbos.
Bet some guys today would gripe about dragging 40k like we did with our little trucks.

Don't forget those huge trailers we pulled - 35 feet long and all the way up to 12 feet 6 inches high. Awesome!!

Loved my 12’ 6” 35’ drop frame single axel with fold down tailgate!

18k of hoses, hogs & goats! :17142:

You guys had 3 axle tractors on the West side, long before we did.
First 3 axle I saw was an outfit called "Monkeygrip" hauled recapping rubber.
Not sure we scaled 40k, I think a 5 axle grossed 73,280.
With a L200 IHC gas burner, it seemed like 60.

Hey who says cheap wages can't Hire good Driver's ?
32737071_1757265467689111_3613277061805768704_n.jpg

I totally agree with you Wong - people not exercising their right and RESPONSIBILITY to vote is a shame wherever it happens.
On Yes and No I agree. In Elections, where one or two organizations pick a candidate and inform you those are your choices, I disagree entirely, and refuse to go along with their game. Hence, I've voted 3rd Party in 3 of the last 4 General Elections.

Driver said he had been under this bridge many times, he discovered, shop had put too much air in his tires.
Probably inflated them with helium instead of ordinary air.

I have been through the Lincoln twice.
Once, fully loaded entering from Weehawken. The second, from the Manhattan side, empty, with slightly under inflated tires, due to a Haz spill on the GW and a whole lotta traffic piled up behind me at the tunnel entrance. :17142:

I have been through the Lincoln twice.
Once, fully loaded entering from Weehawken. The second, from the Manhattan side, empty, with slightly under inflated tires, due to a Haz spill on the GW and a whole lotta traffic piled up behind me at the tunnel entrance. :17142:

A few years ago one of our guys tried to go through the Lincoln Tunnel to Jersey with a set. Of course he creamed the top of the lead and got stuck at the entrance. I still wonder how he even got to the Tunnel entrance on local streets in Manhattan with a set.

A few years ago one of our guys tried to go through the Lincoln Tunnel to Jersey with a set. Of course he creamed the top of the lead and got stuck at the entrance. I still wonder how he even got to the Tunnel entrance on local streets in Manhattan with a set.
Ten years ago one of our drivers called me and said his GPS was sending him thru the Lincoln Tunnel and it will be exciting. I told him it'll be exciting alright.... I got him to go I80.

When I was young, there was a low bridge that straight trucks could make if they let air out of their tires. One guy was stopped inches short, and about to let air out- when- BAM! A dump truck rammed him, crushing the hood of the dump, and shoving the straight truck completely under the bridge...

Status
Not open for further replies.