Yellow | Off Topic Comments & Snarky Remarks Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wong, I know you're annoyed about the -15%, but you have to stop taking it out on the equipment!

scaMOiQ.jpg

Is this called a "fixer upper?"
looks like the stacks in good shape.

I have been through the Lincoln twice.
Once, fully loaded entering from Weehawken. The second, from the Manhattan side, empty, with slightly under inflated tires, due to a Haz spill on the GW and a whole lotta traffic piled up behind me at the tunnel entrance. :17142:

I never had the pleasure, PIE bought an outfit called Merchants, they ran 13' trailers, some guys said they would
clear those tunnels.

On Yes and No I agree. In Elections, where one or two organizations pick a candidate and inform you those are your choices, I disagree entirely, and refuse to go along with their game. Hence, I've voted 3rd Party in 3 of the last 4 General Elections.

In CA, primaries advance the two candidates with the majority of votes, regardless of party affiliation.

Is this a format you might support?

In CA, primaries advance the two candidates with the majority of votes, regardless of party affiliation.

Is this a format you might support?
Seeing the platforms 90% of party candidates these days, probably NOT! That does explain a lot about how California has ended up as it is...

Seeing the platforms 90% of party candidates these days, probably NOT! That does explain a lot about how California has ended up as it is...

True, we have special interest groups supporting candidates who have no chance of winning, with the sole purpose of drawing votes away from those who might have a positive agenda.

True, we have special interest groups supporting candidates who have no chance of winning, with the sole purpose of drawing votes away from those who might have a positive agenda.
I'm simpler than that. I simply wont vote for Marxists, and that's what 90% of Amsrican politics has become over the past 100 years, without Americans realizing it. Again- ithe system you described explains why California is so Leftist. Instead of at least one side that might not be Leftist advancing, you pretty much assuredly get to choose between one of two Leftists. I'm for Term Limits. Get in, shake things up- Move On! No Career Politicians. No politicians enriching themselves and their cronies off the system.

Last edited:
I'm simpler than that. I simply wont vote for Marxists, and that's what 90% of Amsrican politics has become over the past 100 years, without Americans realizing it. Again- ithe system you described explains why California is so Leftist. Instead of at least one side that might not be Leftist advancing, you pretty much assuredly get to choose between one of two Leftists. I'm for Term Limits. Get in, shake things up- Move On! No Career Politicians. No politicians enriching themselves and their cronies off the system.
Term limits would solve some of the problems.
New blood in the system.
Of course more people voting and being educated would be good too.
Nobody should be in office for 40 years. Things change too fast. And some of these people are stuck in the old days.
I hate politics and politicians..
Not one answer to the whole problem.
Sorry. Just thoughts off the top of my head.
And I'm only on my second cup of coffee.
:17142:

Term limits would solve some of the problems.
New blood in the system.
Of course more people voting and being educated would be good too.
Nobody should be in office for 40 years. Things change too fast. And some of these people are stuck in the old days.
I hate politics and politicians..
Not one answer to the whole problem.
Sorry. Just thoughts off the top of my head.
And I'm only on my second cup of coffee.
:17142:

Exactly right, our high court would be a good place to start.
A lot of the others live off lobbyists for years, and need no salary, I know from experience, when you get my age, things can pass you before you realize you are living in the past.

Exactly right, our high court would be a good place to start.
A lot of the others live off lobbyists for years, and need no salary, I know from experience, when you get my age, things can pass you before you realize you are living in the past.
I am a Constitutionalist. I am for the Convention of States- Article V ot our Constitution.
Pass the Balanced Budget Amentment, including amounts for Debt Service and Entitlements (Ponzi Schemes) to be paid down.
Repeal the 17th Amendment that changed us from a Representative Republic, to being a Mob Rule, Quasi Communist nation. Even without repeal, the Senators are Supposed to vote how their Home State Legislature instructs them- not as their "party" instructs. Since most Bill's require a 60 vote Filibuster Closure, things like ObamaCare (that 26 States sued to stop) would never have been forced on us.

Term limits for Congress. Term Limits on SCOTUS. Eliminate the Bureaus that RULE by Regulation, and return Making Laws to Congress, as Article II orders. Term limit/sunshine expire all laws and entitlements every 5 years so Congress must pass laws again, or shut government down. The only legitimate Constitutional reason for federal government is Defense.

Tell the World that were bringing our troops home within 8 years to guard OUR Borders. That means if overseas US Manufacturers choose to not return to our shores, we wont protect them.

Eliminate Income Taxes and Baseline Budgeting. Go Zero Base Budgeting and The Fair Tax. If you wont eliminate income tax, eliminate withholding and Move election day to April 15th. Write the check to the IRS in the morning, then go vote, remembering who just voted to tax you....

Last edited:
I am a Constitutionalist. I am for the Convention of States- Article V ot our Constitution.
Pass the Balanced Budget Amentment, including amounts for Debt Service and Entitlements (Ponzi Schemes) to be paid down.
Repeal the 17th Amendment that changed us from a Representative Republic, to being a Mob Rule, Quasi Communist nation. Even without repeal, the Senators are Supposed to vote how their Home State Legislature instructs them- not as their "party" instructs. Since most Bill's require a 60 vote Filibuster Closure, things like ObamaCare (that 26 States sued to stop) would never have been forced on us.

Term limits for Congress. Term Limits on SCOTUS. Eliminate the Bureaus that RULE by Regulation, and return Making Laws to Congress, as Article II orders. Term limit/sunshine expire all laws and entitlements every 5 years so Congress must pass laws again, or shut government down. The only legitimate Constitutional reason for federal government is Defense.

Tell the World that were bringing our troops home within 8 years to guard OUR Borders. That means if overseas US Manufacturers choose to not return to our shores, we wont protect them.

Eliminate Income Taxes and Baseline Budgeting. Go Zero Base Budgeting and The Fair Tax. If you wont eliminate income tax, eliminate withholding and Move election day to April 15th. Write the check to the IRS in the morning, then go vote, remembering who just voted to tax you....

I have always admired your position and conviction.

Status
Not open for further replies.