Yellow | Off Topic Comments & Snarky Remarks Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm cool with that.......who goes in first (who's on first) . :popcorn:
norm_cash_autograph.jpg

Hate the Phillies, Mike Schmidt #1.

No one better on that corner, overall, as a complete player.

No argument on this, every player wanted to " be like Mike"
Impossible to pick an all star team from all years, I once saw a pick that didn't mention Babe Ruth, Ted Williams, Dimaggio, or Mantle.
BTW, How many southpaws have you seen play 3rd in the majors?

Impossible to pick an all star team from all years, I once saw a pick that didn't mention Babe Ruth, Ted Williams, Dimaggio, or Mantle.

I recall Mattingly and Squires? But, never 'saw' them at the position.

I recall Mattingly and Squires? But, never 'saw' them at the position.

Good memory, I remember Yankees had Don on 3rd on occasion.
I can still see him chasing a foul and eating popcorn from a kids hand, remember that?

Brooks Robinson, the Human Vacuum Cleaner, and best 3rd baseman ever, made it to the minor leagues playing 2nd base lefthanded. Got promoted to the Orioles, told to learn to play right handed and learn 3rd base. Still signs autograph left.

Brooks Robinson, the Human Vacuum Cleaner, and best 3rd baseman ever, made it to the minor leagues playing 2nd base lefthanded. Got promoted to the Orioles, told to learn to play right handed and learn 3rd base. Still signs autograph left.

Here we go again, you know about opinions, you can't say he was better than Schmidt, G Brett, Boggs, C Jones to name
a few.

Here we go again, you know about opinions, you can't say he was better than Schmidt, G Brett, Boggs, C Jones to name
a few.
I can. He was THE BEST!

16 Gold Gloves

Brooks Robinson won 16 Gold Gloves with the Baltimore Orioles, leading both the American League and all third basemen in awards won. Mike Schmidt is second in wins at third base; he won 10 with the Philadelphia Phillies and leads National League third basemen in Gold Gloves.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Gold_Glove_Award_winners_at_third_base

I can. He was THE BEST!

16 Gold Gloves

Brooks Robinson won 16 Gold Gloves with the Baltimore Orioles, leading both the American League and all third basemen in awards won. Mike Schmidt is second in wins at third base; he won 10 with the Philadelphia Phillies and leads National League third basemen in Gold Gloves.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Gold_Glove_Award_winners_at_third_base

Ah heck, you would argue that Billylo is not the greatest driver of all times the world and mankind has known since
trucks were invented, Mike was still better on offense,You could propably catch better than Brooks,you just can't hit
the long ball. I surrrender!

Status
Not open for further replies.