Holland | off topic

grimreaper

caddy
Credits
the big 3 automakers are testifying today before house finiancial committee, asking for a bailout. the ceo's showed up today in their jets .... they are asking for a bailout from the american goverment .... but a representative showed these ceos where the avalanche , pt cruisers are assembled in mexico.
the big 3 ceos were asked by raising their hands if they were willlingly sell their private jets today and fly back on a commercial airline....
let the record state that nobody raised their hand.
I have a solution:
sell the jets, fly coach class (peanuts and free drink)
forfeit their bonuses and perks.
punch a time clock
wear safety glasses
allow them only 5 sick days
1 year vacation after 1 full year of service
2 years vacation after 60% into the second year
paid holidays should be as follows:

new years day
memorial day
4th of july
labor day
thanksgiving but they have to return on the following friday
christmas

the only other perk that the ceo of any company should be that in an event that they cant get home before noon saturday, they can request earned time off for sundays dispatch.

:1036316054: :hysterical:

If they only did two of the things you posted, it would bail out most company's.

1. Sell the jets and fly coach class (peanuts and free drink)
2. Forfeit their bonuses and perks.

It really makes you think about whats really going on. I read in the news where some of the money, that has already been given to the banking corporations, was used to throw a huge party celebrating getting the bailout money. Does anybody else see a problem with this?

If they only did two of the things you posted, it would bail out most company's.

It really makes you think about whats really going on. I read in the news where some of the money, that has already been given to the banking corporations, was used to throw a huge party celebrating getting the bailout money. Does anybody else see a problem with this?

Yes to all, but why don't the people at these hearings ask the coman working man's opin:hysterical::1036316054:on?

1. at least 8 corporate jets at several $ millions a piece ...
at an additional cost of $20,000 to fly to wash d.c. versus $288 to fly coach ..... around $800 first class....
:hysterical:

I watched part of the hearings. I wanted to see the expression on the faces of the CEOs when they were asked about selling their jets. The cameras didn't show their faces. I'm just curious what their reactions were. I think that when they mention these big shots salary, they also need to mention their bonus, vacation, and all perks, so the American public can see everything. I liked the congressman's comment, "flying their private jets to that meeting, was like showing up in a soup line, wearing a tuxedo!":chairshot: