Averitt | Offically Retired

jeepman

Truckload Mercenary
Credits
Turned in my ID, Keys, Fuel Card and wiped down the inside of the truck yesterday. Threw out ALL of my uniforms...received a nice retirement letter from GS...The 12 years at Averitt is now behind me. 25 years, 3.5 million miles in the industry is enough, will NEVER get back into a truck again, Medical card expires in April, will not renew. Had ups and downs at Averitt, overall been satisfied. I do not recommend anyone signing on to work in T/L although....You all be safe....will check in every once and a while to see what's going on.

Turned in my ID, Keys, Fuel Card and wiped down the inside of the truck yesterday. Threw out ALL of my uniforms...received a nice retirement letter from GS...The 12 years at Averitt is now behind me. 25 years, 3.5 million miles in the industry is enough, will NEVER get back into a truck again, Medical card expires in April, will not renew. Had ups and downs at Averitt, overall been satisfied. I do not recommend anyone signing on to work in T/L although....You all be safe....will check in every once and a while to see what's going on.

Congrads! Have a happy new year and a happy healthy retirement!

Congrats to you. Like you, I hope to NEVER get in another big truck. 40 years and 3 companies has given me more than a belly full. One thing I know is that they are pretty much all the same except for the color of the trucks.
I've been out for 14 months and do NOT miss it one bit.
Enjoy your retirement.

Just a UPDATE.....Enjoying retirement, been over 3 months now. I do not miss going to work, don't even think about trucks. I see Averitt trucks out and about, I just smile. If your thinking about retirement, YOU ARE READY!

Just a UPDATE.....Enjoying retirement, been over 3 months now. I do not miss going to work, don't even think about trucks. I see Averitt trucks out and about, I just smile. If your thinking about retirement, YOU ARE READY!
I'm the same way. I briefly glance when I see one of those trucks on the road and truly feel sorry for those drivers that are stuck in them.

So I look on a job board and find this. Averitt and their 3rd rate low pay policies has shown their desperation.
Truly pitiful. Unsuspectingyoung inexperienced wanabe drivers see this and come drooling to Averitt to ostensibly have this great job only to get screwed by the lies. And to think, you can wear these nauseating uniforms on a daily basis. :witless:

http://jobs.averittdrivers.com/jobs...ed053_Class-A-CDL-Team-Shuttle-Driver_Houston

If they can find people who are compatable it could be a good deal.....Myself...still enjoying RETIREMENT...Do not miss driving or the trucking industry in general.
Trucking industry is going south at a rapid decline. I have been accurately predicting the industry's demise for 10 years.
Glad to be away from it. Get body pains every time I think about doing it again.