XPO | Oh boy, now things will get really interesting

Don't wanna get all riled up and not see the big picture. We ain't nothing but drivers. There is more than one way this can go. And we are heading that way regardless. Just talking it out man.

I totally understand that.....all I'm saying is, if XPO attempts to **** off all of its newly acquired ltl drivers, we will gladly go run miles for a different company. I read somewhere on here that XPO pays it's drivers UP TO 18 dollars and change or something.....YEAH OK! !!!

Hey bender....
Ok so a couple things I'd like to say about this url...each state has a different pay rate depending on the cost of living.....so I'm going to get paid differently here in mass then someone in freaking colorado....18.50 might be excellent for co....and second....scroll down a little bit more and look at the required endorsements section....YOU DON'T NEED HAZMAT!!!!!!!!! YOU DON'T NEED DOUBLES/TRIPLES! !!!! YOU DON'T NEED TANKERS!!!!!!!

........ummmm......yeah.....something just isn't right about this post.

Hey bender....
Ok so a couple things I'd like to say about this url...each state has a different pay rate depending on the cost of living.....so I'm going to get paid differently here in mass then someone in freaking colorado....18.50 might be excellent for co....and second....scroll down a little bit more and look at the required endorsements section....YOU DON'T NEED HAZMAT!!!!!!!!! YOU DON'T NEED DOUBLES/TRIPLES! !!!! YOU DON'T NEED TANKERS!!!!!!!

........ummmm......yeah.....something just isn't right about this post.

It's just for shuttle work. Not for what we do. But it does show the going rate for that type of driver. And the same add is up in several cities. Why would they have a guy making $25 an hour doing volume runs when they can pay guys $18 ? It's a legit question.

It's just for shuttle work. Not for what we do. But it does show the going rate for that type of driver. And the same add is up in several cities. Why would they have a guy making $25 an hour doing volume runs when they can pay guys $18 ? It's a legit question.
Ok yes exactly,....you answered your own question bro...not what we do....they need us they can't have just a bunch of shuttle runs how idiotic is that

Relax you all.Geez!! There are some issues open and are being investigated.One question is about why the board of directors are settling on a lower price than the Target price of your stock? 2.72billion is quite low for a decent operating ltl company such as Conway.Conway and it's subsidiaries are worth way more than that.Suspicious at best.

Especially when Con-way has proclaimed itself worth somewhere in the 5-6 billion range... I hope everything works out for you guys, I really do.

It wasn't even presented to other companies for sale.....something very very shady is going on.....

It has been for sale for a long time. Remember the UPS rumors before they bought Overnite ? How many companies have $3 billion laying around ? You make it sound like a sellers market ?

To argue the point about how many companies have billions laying around.Probably quite a few.Just look at everyone's President and CEO compensations.Which has gone up exponentially.All the while these corporate execs have beat down the labor.Here at my company.We have a MOU(contract)that states that our corporation shall not buy or start up another company.

To argue the point about how many companies have billions laying around.Probably quite a few.Just look at everyone's President and CEO compensations.Which has gone up exponentially.All the while these corporate execs have beat down the labor.Here at my company.We have a MOU(contract)that states that our corporation shall not buy or start up another company.

I'm not talking about in general. How many in the trucking industry ?

With your company's track record of buying other companies I would hope someone would tell them no, just don't do it.

Yea I'm getting a bit confused here. I'm not Ltl I'm truckload and I run 48 plus Canada and sat in on the first town meeting with xpo's CEO here in Joplin today so to the other con way freight ,truckload and manufacturing branches keep a cool head and let's see where this goes. I'm not worried as I see a commitment to not going backwards on pay and bennies

Yea I'm getting a bit confused here. I'm not Ltl I'm truckload and I run 48 plus Canada and sat in on the first town meeting with xpo's CEO here in Joplin today so to the other con way freight ,truckload and manufacturing branches keep a cool head and let's see where this goes. I'm not worried as I see a commitment to not going backwards on pay and bennies
I agree with you. But it's human nature to think the worst in times of uncertainty.

That's good news. We just talking it out. Wages and benefits for drivers haven't really kept up with the times. Many of us have been trained to be disappointed.

it can get worse for us but really what do we have to lose our upper mngmt. has lost control of conway do they care no they take there money and run . and here we are now left wondering? it really sucks:1904: