Central Transport | oh how i miss vitran

Technically most ads I seen for central specifically state (NO WEEKENDS) some guys work because they want to(volunteer for xtra $$$$) but you shouldn't be forced to work weekends . and if you don't want to work weekends you need to bring that to your T.M.s attention with the ad in your area proving your case , where ever it is News paper, Craig's list. just saying.... Good Luck.

In Detroit before I left we were forced to work Saturdays, usually told Fri afternoon that sat was MANDATORY, of course I was only there about a month before my new job materialized, but in that month EVERY SAT ( including the one after thanksgiving) was MANDATORY, even now I still see central trucks (funny no vitran tractors) on the road every sat chasing trailers and running loads, I've even seen a few on Sundays, including last week on memorial day. my new job is a 7 day a week operation and therefore I work every weekend but I also knew that going in, my "weekends" are tues and wed.

In Detroit before I left we were forced to work Saturdays, usually told Fri afternoon that sat was MANDATORY, of course I was only there about a month before my new job materialized, but in that month EVERY SAT ( including the one after thanksgiving) was MANDATORY, even now I still see central trucks (funny no vitran tractors) on the road every sat chasing trailers and running loads, I've even seen a few on Sundays, including last week on memorial day. my new job is a 7 day a week operation and therefore I work every weekend but I also knew that going in, my "weekends" are tues and wed.
When you know it going in and you were told the truth I can accept that..........I hate being lied to.

Sounds like your a newbie to hauling petroleum. I did that for years and that was my "weekend" for the first year. After that I had Fridays and Saturdays. I liked the job but hated working all holidays etc. That is why I left it for LTL. I have a five year old and it was too much working on holidays for me. On the bright side there is never a threat of a layoff

sounds like a estes driver?

Sounds like your a newbie to hauling petroleum. I did that for years and that was my "weekend" for the first year. After that I had Fridays and Saturdays. I liked the job but hated working all holidays etc. That is why I left it for LTL. I have a five year old and it was too much working on holidays for me. On the bright side there is never a threat of a layoff

Nope not doing the gas thing, have done that in the past and wasn't a bad job (gravy actually) just no money (at least for the danger involved (was only making 12 an hour in the late 90's)) I'm actually pulling for a major competitor of Walmart in the Midwest area.

Nope not doing the gas thing, have done that in the past and wasn't a bad job (gravy actually) just no money (at least for the danger involved (was only making 12 an hour in the late 90's)) I'm actually pulling for a major competitor of Walmart in the Midwest area.

I heard you were pulling weeds in Matty's garden?

I heard you were pulling weeds in Matty's garden?

No that would be for you,
my qualifications are way to high to stoop to that level, plus I have respect for myself, that's why I no longer sell my services to the likes of the maroons.
I work for a company who actually cares for its employees. I drive very nice equipment (the oldest in my yard is 3 yr's,) all automatic's with am/fm/cd's that actually work, A/C that works and if it doesn't they fix it right away, we do 90%drop and hook, and when it's not I'm not allowed to even touch the freight, we run electronic logs and will not run over in hours, if we get short we shut it down and someone comes and picks us up.And best of all WE ARE A UNION SHOP, so they must follow a certain set of rules or get grievances filled against the management. (unlike CT that changes the rules as they go along to suit them) So go ahead and keep singing the praises of "uncle Matty" (as he's called in the Detroit area)and as soon as he no longer.needs you he will cut you loose faster than you would a shark on the end of your fishing line.

I believe a whole lot of his stuff was just for show.

No that would be for you,
my qualifications are way to high to stoop to that level, plus I have respect for myself, that's why I no longer sell my services to the likes of the maroons.
I work for a company who actually cares for its employees. I drive very nice equipment (the oldest in my yard is 3 yr's,) all automatic's with am/fm/cd's that actually work, A/C that works and if it doesn't they fix it right away, we do 90%drop and hook, and when it's not I'm not allowed to even touch the freight, we run electronic logs and will not run over in hours, if we get short we shut it down and someone comes and picks us up.And best of all WE ARE A UNION SHOP, so they must follow a certain set of rules or get grievances filled against the management. (unlike CT that changes the rules as they go along to suit them) So go ahead and keep singing the praises of "uncle Matty" (as he's called in the Detroit area)and as soon as he no longer.needs you he will cut you loose faster than you would a shark on the end of your fishing line.
this is what I don't get???? where in this thread or any thread have I ever sang the praises of Matty or CT, ??????? If you throw me a soft ball I'm going to hit it out of the park !!