Ohio State Trooper hit by speeding car " Move over, Slow down" campaign

so the guy was under the influence of drugs, speeding on a snow covered road, and nearly kills someone, and he get's a light sentence..???

he should lose his license for LIFE, spend MORE time i jail, and PAY MORE money in fines.

well, until the politicians "grow a set", and tougher the laws, idiots like this will continue on their path of carnage.

Tyler Combs, 22, of Vandalia, Ohio, pleaded guilty to misdemeanor assault in an accident that injured Trooper Brent Hill on Feb. 27.

Watch this story
Combs was sentenced to six months in jail and ordered to pay a $1,000 fine.

He was originally charged with vehicular assault, a felony, but pleaded guilty to a lesser charge.
So basically it's no big deal to SPEED, LOSE CONTROL OF VEHICLE and hit a trooper in SlOhio, hmmm.

He plead to a lesser charge however he'll be targeted by ALL judicial officials for some time, whatcha wanna bet.

On the same token, the revenue collectors shouldn't be sitting on the shoulder if it's not an emergency.

Police and highway work crews are only doing their jobs when they are out there on the highway.

The problem is that no one wants to slow down and move over when these people are out there working. I see it every day. Come up on a cop that has some dope pulled over, and people just keep flying by at 60, 70, 80 miles an hour, completely wrapped up in their tiny worlds, oblivious to the danger that their carelessness presents to those workers. Enter an orange barrel zone and jerks are passing on the right at the last minute just so they can keep speeding along, without regard to the safety of the workers.

And those workers are people too. They have wives, husbands, parents, children, all who expect to see them at the end of the day.

The trooper in this story had only been out of the academy a few weeks, and his career is over. He will be forced to suffer a lifetime of pain and suffering because that punk didn't slow down and pay attention, and adjust his driving to the conditions.

He should have gotten 20 years for what he did.

After all, the trooper will spend the rest of his life handicapped.

How about educating people on appropriate places to pull over too? Most states make drivers ED mandatory now, so what are they teaching? It's getting worse every year.
Had a prius driver get pulled over up ahead of me last week...guess where he pulled over and stopped??...on a damn overpass..lol

On the same token, the revenue collectors shouldn't be sitting on the shoulder if it's not an emergency.

so ok...this particular trooper WAS doing his job, along with his supervisor....you read that...right...???

so now tell me.....when they are patrolling the roads, setting up speed traps, or just in general watching the highways, where would YOU WANT them to park..??

every single night as i do my job, i cannot tell you the amount of Mass troopers, NH troopers and ME troopers, sitting on the shoulders, and many times, in the "cut outs" in the medians, and to me, that is fine.

so, now...if an idiot drunkard slams into any trooper siting in the median cut out, was the trooper wrong to sit there as well...?????????

if an idiot is under the influence and smacks the trooper, then that idiot drunken driver ought to be fully charged, NO MATTER WHERE the troopers park.

you made no sense in your posting.

so now tell me.....when they are patrolling the roads, setting up speed traps, or just in general watching the highways, where would YOU WANT them to park..??

At the donut shop.

every single night as i do my job, i cannot tell you the amount of Mass troopers, NH troopers and ME troopers, sitting on the shoulders, and many times, in the "cut outs" in the medians, and to me, that is fine.

I'd still rather see them parked at the donut shop.

so, now...if an idiot drunkard slams into any trooper siting in the median cut out, was the trooper wrong to sit there as well...?????????

Well the trooper was in the path of the drunkard . . . . . . .

{By the way, be careful with the use excessive punctuation. Wouldn't want to attract a certain PJ.}

{Now that I've been a smartass, I'll get serious.}

if an idiot is under the influence and smacks the trooper, then that idiot drunken driver ought to be fully charged, NO MATTER WHERE the troopers park.

Actually, dipsticks that drink and then go out and drive, and then crash into stuff, well, we should draw a line similar to other countries. In some places, drinking and driving is a capital offense.

Should be here too.

But there are those who step up in defense of dipsticks who have trouble deciding when to say when. They say that alcoholism is a disease. I wholeheartedly disagree.

Alcoholism is a choice.

Let me repeat that for those who have trouble with comprehension.

Alcoholism is a choice.

Nobody holds a gun to the head of those who drink to excess and forces them to drink. Those stooges make the choice to put that drink to their lips repeatedly until they are out of control.

They should be prepared to pay the price when they drink to excess and then go out and hurt other people.

That price should be high.

If they take the life of another while drunk, then the price should be their own life.

How about educating people on appropriate places to pull over too? Most states make drivers ED mandatory now, so what are they teaching? It's getting worse every year.
Had a prius driver get pulled over up ahead of me last week...guess where he pulled over and stopped??...on a damn overpass..lol

On the rare occasion that I do get the signal from a LEO to stop for a roadside conference, I usually drive to the next exit and get off the highway. Some of them don't like that I slow down, put on the 4-ways and continue driving until it is safe to stop.

But when I explain to them that their safety and mine is not worth the risk involved most of them understand and then get on with the business at hand.

Sometimes I think it may even earn myself leniency.

And that is always good.

At the donut shop.

I'd still rather see them parked at the donut shop.
yeah, but then MY favorites will be gone..!!!

Well the trooper was in the path of the drunkard . . . . . . .
bastoids...!!!

{By the way, be careful with the use excessive punctuation. Wouldn't want to attract a certain PJ.}

who is a "certain PJ"...................???????????

{Now that I've been a smartass, I'll get serious.}

whimp......

Actually, dipsticks that drink and then go out and drive, and then crash into stuff, well, we should draw a line similar to other countries. In some places, drinking and driving is a capital offense.

Should be here too.

as i and many others would, but giving that we have bleeding hearts as politicians whom often are drunks themselves, no such laws/sentences will ever come of it.

But there are those who step up in defense of dipsticks who have trouble deciding when to say when. They say that alcoholism is a disease. I wholeheartedly disagree.
and they would be the alcohol lobbyists, congress, and advertisers. (and i disagree as well about it being a disease.......)

Alcoholism is a choice.

as is whether or not i wish to eat one can or 3 cans of Chef-Boy-R-Dee raviolis.....!!!!

Let me repeat that for those who have trouble with comprehension.

Alcoholism is a choice.
i don;t understand what you mean, i am comprehensively challenged.....(j/k......lol...)

Nobody holds a gun to the head of those who drink to excess and forces them to drink. Those stooges make the choice to put that drink to their lips repeatedly until they are out of control.
PLEASE DO NOT INSULT THE THREE STOOGES, as they may have more sense..!!!!

They should be prepared to pay the price when they drink to excess and then go out and hurt other people.

That price should be high.

in TOTAL agreement on this, however, until the courts get more stricter laws from our illustrious drunkard politicians, i believe that again, this will never happen

If they take the life of another while drunk, then the price should be their own life.

i watched the other day, for the 1,000th time....."Starship Troopers", in which some guy was brought to trail for murder, was found guilty in a few minutes, and was sentenced to die at 6:PM THAT night....!!

if only such "swift justice" could be for real......!!!

i have always believed in, "an eye for an eye"......and i also "like" Charles Bronson films regarding his vigilantism........another very viable way to eradicate the gene pool from getting worse.