Averitt | Oil pressure

jeepman

Truckload Mercenary
Credits
I've noticed my oil pressure for the past week or so has been slowly dropping,while stopping at FUL to have a tire replaced,I caught wind of oil pressure issues on the older Cascadia's. So I REALLY started watching my oil pressure.
This past Tuesday a picked up a hvy load going from KIK Auburndale FL to Dollar General Bessmer AL. Going across I 10 I noticed it's getting a little low,got to Montgomery, noticed it's about 28psi hwy speed, stopped checked oil,all is good. nursed it up to Avrt BHM. Went to bed, the next morning walked over to the shop, spoke with the shop super, He said OIL filter is plugged....WTF I only had about 20k on my last service, which was done in CKV. He said AVRT switched to a high detergent oil, thus cleanning out the engines,PLUGGING the oil filters. Oil filter replaced ALL is good, 35-40 psi at road speed. Got back to ORL, spoke with SERCTR director, he said drivers have been coming thru with oil pressure issues, changed the filters and all is good. SO pass this on down the line, not all shops have the new oil, when they switch this will become a issue..BEWARE..no sense losing a $25k engine, BECAUSE THE MAINTENACE PEOPLE IN CORPERATE FAIL TO ENSURE THAT EVERYONE,INCLUDING THE DRIVERS ARE MADE AWARE OF THIS ISSUE!!!!!!!:order:

That sucks...

You got the same engine I have, watch your OIL PRESSURE,check with your shop to see what they know,pass it on to the other drivers! I remember back on the 04 and 05 Volvo's we had with the ISX Cummins, we ate a lot of turbo's!

You would think someone would have thought this thru a little better...
You really didn't mean for that to be a serious statement did you? At this camp there is zero communication other than "Make sure you use your uniform credit" or "Have you had your health screening yet"....this kind of rubbage is what is communicated.

Important issues are never discussed.