OK - New Century rumors are all over the place

SafetyKing

TB Lurker
Credits
I just heard that Jevics driver recruiting department is getting tons of calls from New Century drivers looking for NEW EMPLOYMENT - and that NC layed off 25 -30 local and regional drivers?!?
ANd that there are more moves coming over there...I mean I heard it from a really reliable source - anybody else here anything?

:Die: already

I just heard that Jevics driver recruiting department is getting tons of calls from New Century drivers looking for NEW EMPLOYMENT - and that NC layed off 25 -30 local and regional drivers?!?
ANd that there are more moves coming over there...I mean I heard it from a really reliable source - anybody else here anything?

that been going around for years.:hysterical: what a dream :hysterical:

I stoped for coffee the other day and was approached by the wife of an ex-P&P driver, she asked me if we were hiring? I gave her the nessesary info wich she was very apperciative,She told me there were alot of P&P drivers that left after the merge. I also have given driver info to two other ex-P&P drivers now NC driver's in the last month. There's alot of un-happy campers at NC.

maybe thats the deal...its pp drivers getting canned. I'll never understand busness - I keep hearing theres a driver shortage - and they r leting people go - go figure
:duh:

From what I've seen New Century is doing pretty good. I've actually seen more of their trucks around lately and they've got quite a bit of freight on them.

I have no idea how much money they are making with that freight but they sure do have the business.

They do have alot of equipment out there! they also done some things they would have never done in the past.. A typical pactice of HM is to come to a account and slash the dicount rate so low, and grab all the freight, 6months later jack up the rate. almost to the point were they will hall it for free. NC sell's discounts, Not service!!!!. With all the recent acqusitions they do have alot of trucks out there.. you have to realize there are different divisions and different pay rates over there, Truckload, ltl, Refridgerated, its a lot of confusion and alot of un-happy camper's. I know one thing when I see NC trailers at my Accounts theres not much freight on them, and at 4:30 I am headed back to J1 with a full trailer.. he's still waiting for his next assignment with pretty much an empty trailer...

They do have alot of equipment out there! they also done some things they would have never done in the past.. A typical pactice of HM is to come to a account and slash the dicount rate so low, and grab all the freight, 6months later jack up the rate. almost to the point were they will hall it for free. NC sell's discounts, Not service!!!!. With all the recent acqusitions they do have alot of trucks out there.. you have to realize there are different divisions and different pay rates over there, Truckload, ltl, Refridgerated, its a lot of confusion and alot of un-happy camper's. I know one thing when I see NC trailers at my Accounts theres not much freight on them, and at 4:30 I am headed back to J1 with a full trailer.. he's still waiting for his next assignment with pretty much an empty trailer...

how many years have you jevic drivers been saying the same thing about NC but harry keeps on growing.:smilie_132:

Posibley the purchase of Armelini trucking, what do you think Gabby?

No clue. I got my info from 3 different sales reps there who are concerned and may be looking to switch...

It's been said that the company who bought NC is not very pleased with their purchase so far, but who knows, Jevic's been the victim of BS rumors for a while. Lately, we have some of our own still swearing that someone's taking inventory of our stuff to sell us. Lot's of fantasy out there when people get bored, I suppose.

Prior to working for PP I worked for NC. Two months before the merger I had left PP. I would have ended where I had started. NC goes after efficiences and PP was a laid back place with less emphasis on cost controls. There was probably some overlap. Layoffs often happen after these types of mergers. Both companies treated me well; but in the end, I only wanted a 10 speed.

to be honest I'm not jealous of NC, I think it might be the other way around, All of us had the oportunity to go when he openend and most of us stayed. I have never had a second thought about my decision, Now ask some of the guy's who first went over who gave up 4 weeks vacation, $2500 saftey bounus, and regular routes, see how long it took to get that back? just so the old man could sell them down the river again

to be honest I'm not jealous of NC, I think it might be the other way around, All of us had the oportunity to go when he openend and most of us stayed. I have never had a second thought about my decision, Now ask some of the guy's who first went over who gave up 4 weeks vacation, $2500 saftey bounus, and regular routes, see how long it took to get that back? just so the old man could sell them down the river again

i bet harry did not ask you to come. to NC do you thank n c drivers care what you are doing.SOUNDS like you are jealous.