New Penn | OK....The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly At The Ballot Count

Kennesaw Kid

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
First and foremost.....It was an honor to meet and get to work with Rico66, G-Man, kathyr and The Cow!

Now, I am tired and finally at home...if I step on some toes, then tuff !

You all know the numbers by now. If you want to know your Local's vote count...send one of us a PM and we will send it to you...we WILL NOT post the count by Locals, as it is very cumbersome to do so.

I will note that this is "un-official numbers", as we do not have the official numbers, but for what we personally wrote down.

As you now should know...42,855 ballots were mailed out.... 26,547 were returned....of those...12,923 (58.55) were YES votes for YRC/Holland members, and there were 9,153 no votes.

New Penn was 726 NO and 463 yes votes, so much for the "its a done deal bull?

Local 710 office voted 57 NO and 48 yes.

Local 710 Mechanics voted 10 NO and 4 yes.

Local 710 dock voted 471 NO and 321 yes.

Some people and "groups" complained that the vote count was not finished by Thursday evening. I believe some folks were more concerned about getting to the Phillies game that night instead of watching the count, as they did not come back today.

We agreed to sign a gag order until ALL ballots were counted, as if "someone" was to leak any partial information out before hand, it could have screwed our members on their pension plans and stock warrents. NOBODY was forced to sign anything...but it WAS the right thing to do!

Now this is the part that really pisses me off, and if you did this, then it is directed towards you...if not, forget about it! ......none the less, we had some idiots that spoiled the ballots by putting toilet paper in the envelopes....little comments... and so forth, that made the machines that were set to run the envelopes through, jam up and workers had to stop and un-jam them and open the envelopes....

BUT...to the sorry asses that dripped blood on the ballots...and for the worst part, wiped your asses with the ballots, are the most despicable sorry excuses of a teamster that walks on God's green earth.... you embarrassed many of us with this, as the people who were opening up the envelopes and sorting the ballots out should not be subject to this.... you slowed down the progress!

Now the members have spoken, if you are not going to be part of the solution to help turn this mess around and make it work, then do us all a favor and get the hell out and let those who are laid off come back and take care of their families!

I am not going to debate this to death...it is over...live with your co-workers decision and lets try to move on!

Thanks to those who cared and helped out the last two days.... time to sleep....KK

Thanks to you KK and the other Teamster observers caring enough about the rest of us to observe and participate in the count. Without you guys in the room things could have been different!

I see an awful lot of new names posting here. All of you posters who don't work at New Penn and come over to this board to start rumors of our demise:tongue0015:Slither back to your own boards and stand by while we continue to work New Penn Proud! There will be NO diverting of freight to YRC! They can't do what we do! Our members cast their votes and took a stand. Our customers are the ones that control our destiny!

Most likely wed or thurs this week,not too many ballets to count :shift:but who's watching this time??Are there any watchers or observers like the last count??? :nutkick:

Was told by my steward at term #10 that there are four guys from the Elkridge terminal going with our BA to observe the count. One of them was invited because he insists the vote is fixed and was invited to see the validity of the count.

its over

no matter how vote turns out its over. Yellow is informing customers about a change in their line haul. What they did was divert freight around New Penn. They are going to shut it down regardless. Too bad. New Penn was the best carrier and the best people out there.

:nutkick::nutkick::nutkick::nutkick:I'm still praying for a no vote I voted and did it in a respectful way the people counting dont deserve sh-it covered ballots if I was counting those ballots and I came across that I would walk out thats wrong

New Penn was 726 NO and 463 yes votes, so much for the "its a done deal bull?

Local 710 office voted 57 NO and 48 yes.

Local 710 Mechanics voted 10 NO and 4 yes.

Local 710 dock voted 471 NO and 321 yes.

Now the members have spoken, if you are not going to be part of the solution to help turn this mess around and make it work, then do us all a favor and get the hell out and let those who are laid off come back and take care of their families!
[/COLOR]

before the embarrassing re-vote:ranting2: