Estes | OK where the hell is everybody

CFer said:
Isin't Spork some kind of a spam type thing?
a spork is one of them spoons and forks all in one a spork

spork.gif

Where is Everybody? Ha Ha Ha - Check the other boards!!!!

Well, start checking the other companies boards out. Might start hearing from them there. Lots of boys going to FedEx, Roadway, car carriers, locals, etc. Estes is running more and more contractors and now their seeing the sleepers out west. Not because of excess freight. Last I heard we're over 200 drivers short. Guess the big companies are going to drive our wages as low as they can in anticipation of the wage hikes they'll have to handle because of the current shortage and the future HAZMAT driver shortage.

MTHelmet said:
Well, start checking the other companies boards out. Might start hearing from them there. Lots of boys going to FedEx, Roadway, car carriers, locals, etc. Estes is running more and more contractors and now their seeing the sleepers out west. Not because of excess freight. Last I heard we're over 200 drivers short. Guess the big companies are going to drive our wages as low as they can in anticipation of the wage hikes they'll have to handle because of the current shortage and the future HAZMAT driver shortage.
Have they cut your wages out west. Last I heard was 1/2 cpm raise and that's it.

steve5 said:
Have they cut your wages out west. Last I heard was 1/2 cpm raise and that's it.
yeah, that's right. Plus the triples drivers in ID, NV, OR, etc were told 4 cents just like the turnpike doubles, but they got 1 cent. The 4 cent quote came from Estes mgmt themselves but they renigged. Plus of course they changed all the extras around. Some kept, most dropped. Free wait times and everything they can screw up in operations linehaul gets to wait for free.

MTHelmet said:
yeah, that's right. Plus the triples drivers in ID, NV, OR, etc were told 4 cents just like the turnpike doubles, but they got 1 cent. The 4 cent quote came from Estes mgmt themselves but they renigged. Plus of course they changed all the extras around. Some kept, most dropped. Free wait times and everything they can screw up in operations linehaul gets to wait for free.
Did they take or change breaks and hooks?

steve5 said:
Did they take or change breaks and hooks?
Breaks and hooks stayed the same, but set free waiting time for breakdowns, turns, terminal/operations screw ups and the like. Set flat rate for chaining instead of actual time. Like it always only takes 25 minutes to chain up and down! They don't chain back east like we do in the west and that was a pisser. Took our fuel pay away, no more delay pay at hotel if told to wait past 10 hours. That hurts, especially when it's operational failure that makes you wait. Some are told can work at delay terminal on p&d rate. Sounds good, but mostly told no and to wait. Anyway, big changes. Gotta find money somewhere to pay their attorneys to find more ways to screw the employees.

MTHelmet said:
Breaks and hooks stayed the same, but set free waiting time for breakdowns, turns, terminal/operations screw ups and the like. Set flat rate for chaining instead of actual time. Like it always only takes 25 minutes to chain up and down! They don't chain back east like we do in the west and that was a pisser. Took our fuel pay away, no more delay pay at hotel if told to wait past 10 hours. That hurts, especially when it's operational failure that makes you wait. Some are told can work at delay terminal on p&d rate. Sounds good, but mostly told no and to wait. Anyway, big changes. Gotta find money somewhere to pay their attorneys to find more ways to screw the employees.
I ran the 395 for 4 years and it took me at least 45 min to chain. Well, they took pretty much everything that made GI better than the rest. I made a decent amount of money when I was there and I left because the difference in cpm between new hires and senior which was 5cpm with no catch up. At first it was hard coming back to MC because they did not pay as good so at first I had my regrets. But when guys that still work there told what was going on it faded. The reason I still have intrest in whats going on over there is aside from one or two drivers that I came in contact while I was there, I have alot of respect for the rest . It upsets me when I here what management feels what's best for the company is to cut at the employee level. And as for GI's safety as far as drivers are concerned while I was on the Reno run every freight company had multiple accidents with MC leading the pack with the exception of one company, I have never seen or heard of a GI truck in an accident in the 4 years I was on that run.

steve5 said:
I ran the 395 for 4 years and it took me at least 45 min to chain. Well, they took pretty much everything that made GI better than the rest. I made a decent amount of money when I was there and I left because the difference in cpm between new hires and senior which was 5cpm with no catch up. At first it was hard coming back to MC because they did not pay as good so at first I had my regrets. But when guys that still work there told what was going on it faded. The reason I still have intrest in whats going on over there is aside from one or two drivers that I came in contact while I was there, I have alot of respect for the rest . It upsets me when I here what management feels what's best for the company is to cut at the employee level. And as for GI's safety as far as drivers are concerned while I was on the Reno run every freight company had multiple accidents with MC leading the pack with the exception of one company, I have never seen or heard of a GI truck in an accident in the 4 years I was on that run.
Gotta head out the door for awhile, but will return to respond. Good to hear from you, this is the type of discussion we need here. Take care

steve5 said:
Sorry it didn't work out here for you but appreciate the comments for us. Good luck on your own fight I'm with you guys at mc./on...:smilie_132:

MTHelmet said:
Long layover pay was after 13 but other than that you got it again why is that :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

I guess things are getting bad nobody can even talk about it. Freights slow runs cut are we in survival mode now?????