XPO | Oklahoma truck driver hits 3 million miles on the road

That’s a great accomplishment! I would love to see more women behind the wheel. I think women make superior drivers in some aspects.

Last edited:
My only question is did she turn all those miles or was it the number fudging we do with the number of hours you are punched on city driving equals so many miles

My only question is did she turn all those miles or was it the number fudging we do with the number of hours you are punched on city driving equals so many miles

I've heard other drivers grumbling about that, and I don't get it. All of the city drivers I know with a "million" spent a few more years to get it than any LH driver, and I don't think you can argue that they're exposed to less risk than linehaul. Seems petty.

I've heard other drivers grumbling about that, and I don't get it. All of the city drivers I know with a "million" spent a few more years to get it than any LH driver, and I don't think you can argue that they're exposed to less risk than linehaul. Seems petty.
Well I believe that if you are a million mile driver that's means you DROVE those miles not have some formula that figure clock time equals driving miles. We had one get his 2mil and he's been in the city since started. That's when I here them talk about how many million mile drive we have I only believe only 8 or 9 out of 10 of them drove all those miles

Last edited:
I agree .

Well I believe that if you are a million mile driver that's means you DROVE those miles not have some formula that figure clock time equals driving miles. We had one get his 2mil and he's been in the city since started. That's when I here them talk about how many million mile drive we have I only believe only 8 or 9 out of 10 of them drove all those miles

How would you factor city miles then ? I've done both. City driving is far more dangerous than line haul driving. Way more obstacles and traffic.

How would you factor city miles then ? I've done both. City driving is far more dangerous than line haul driving. Way more obstacles and traffic.
If you work at XPO , most drivers have done both city AND linehaul. Since there is ONE board , it's not hard to switch back an forth. Ask any senior linehaul driver , if the pay was the same which would you choose - and they will tell you why. One has less B.S. than the other.

If you work at XPO , most drivers have done both city AND linehaul. Since there is ONE board , it's not hard to switch back an forth. Ask any senior linehaul driver , if the pay was the same which would you choose - and they will tell you why. One has less B.S. than the other.

If home time was the same, which would you choose ? Right now, with the cut times, the spot I would be holding on line haul is working fewer hours than I am in the city. That's a little frustrating.

If home time was the same, which would you choose ? Right now, with the cut times, the spot I would be holding on line haul is working fewer hours than I am in the city. That's a little frustrating.
It can be ridiculous if you are in the city and you see drivers leave at night AND you see them return in the morning AND you are on the clock BOTH times. System needs an overhaul.

Are there drivers really worried about getting their million miles

And with no way to even track or follow your progress any more. And with someone like me that has flip flopped between the boards. How do I figure when I am to get credit for a million anyway ? And if I don't know when it happens, is there anyone else that will know ? Or did Jacobs cut those people out a job to increase EBITDA ? Million milers don't increase EBITDA so why track it ? Results matter. Not drivers. Profit, EBITDA, sales. More sales. Who cares if we got more freight than we can move ? This is getting ranty. I'll stop. Congrats to anyone that manages a million let alone 2 or 3. Being able to sleep at night with a clean conscience is a wonderful thing.

It can be ridiculous if you are in the city and you see drivers leave at night AND you see them return in the morning AND you are on the clock BOTH times. System needs an overhaul.

Agreed, with these early cut times on line haul we should have more early start times and be going home much earlier in the day as well.