ODFL | Old Dominion Freight Line Buys East Las Vegas Land

Its gonna be a high class resort w/ beautiful villas. It will be available to any ODFL employee. I currently have the first week in July reserved for my family and I. :biglaugh:

You got to wonder why the company bought it. I am sure there would be many ways to buy it as a side investment. Maybe a resort for customers.

I did a goggle earth search and easily found two sites that are probably most definitely the site. The one I think it is SE of intersection stated in article is on the commercial side of E. Colton. There are apparent truck terminals or large warehouses busy with truck traffic. It probably just cost that much to buy the land for a terminal. The NE site would be next to residential area and does not appear to be as suitable for commercial use.

maybe they are going to try to build term there the new one they moved to sucks yard way to small
One thing I like about OD is that they are purchasing terminals. Maybe the rent the smaller one or just outgrew it fast. The area I checked on google space was definitely mixed residential commercial. Possibly they had to buy to put in a zoning change request.

One thing I like about OD is that they are purchasing terminals. Maybe the rent the smaller one or just outgrew it fast. The area I checked on google space was definitely mixed residential commercial. Possibly they had to buy to put in a zoning change request.

They're going to build a bank there and launder all that freight money through Vegas.

The current VGS terminal is rented from R&L, and is WAY (WAAAAY) too small. You cant even think about rolling a set into the yard. The guys build their sets and tripples out on the street.

R@L is a privately held company. They pay their drivers by commission, offer prizes like Harley's based on productivity and have Company resorts where employees can vacation if they opt. When they open a state they offer 100% coverage.

Similar situation down at the miami term.When hurricane andrew blew through there,OD bought all of the land around where the new term was built.So I was told.