ODFL | Old Dominion sees surge in 2Q profits

DirtyRice

TB Lurker
Credits
Old Dominion Freight Line Inc. reported a second-quarter profit of $21.6 million on sales of $330.8 million, a 55.3 percent increase from the same period last year.

Earnings per diluted share rose 57 percent, to 58 cents, up from 37 cents a year earlier.

In a statement, the trucking company attributed its growth to a 17.6 percent increase in tons of freight shipped; the company moved 1.25 million tons of freight during the second quarter, up from 1.06 million tons during the same time last year.

The company also opened five service centers during the second quarter, including its first in Washington state.

Old Dominion Freight Line (NASDAQ: ODFL) is based in Thomasville.

http://triad.bizjournals.com/triad/stories/2006/07/24/daily34.html

actually yeah if what my TM said in our july meeting is true. He said that our raise meeting is coming up and that corprate is telling him it is going to be a positive thing he said because the company is so profitable that they are going to put some money is our (the drivers) pockets.

Yeah, .02 cents!! YAY! lol.

I really do hope so... I like it here at OD.. but we seem to be just about the lowest paid company out here

FlyByWire said:
Yeah, .02 cents!! YAY! lol.

I really do hope so... I like it here at OD.. but we seem to be just about the lowest paid company out here

yeah but the new calculators they gave us makes up for that, it even came with a pen that had old dominion on it.

DirtyRice said:
yeah but the new calculators they gave us makes up for that, it even came with a pen that had old dominion on it.

That must be a city-thing...

Out here for our 'driver' appreciation day they ordered in a TON of food for the drivers.... but not the line guys... :ranting:

They "forgot" about us.

Well, they said the city guys ate it... but what?... they were going to have pasta waiting from 8am in the morning to feed the line guys 12 hours later?

It is typical at are barn to. They are doing better but by the time evening LH drivers come in food is gone or cold.

The money they saved from dropping Nextel for a week went towards buying those notebooks. I hate my new shorts. They are way too long and hot!!!

cause line haul is never there...GBO when i went to go to work i went to work and there was not alot of time to kill. i had to get my frt to jearsy city
other than the schedules its hard as hell to get anyone together for a shindig
now local gets there and if any LH is there they can come over and usualy does.

Hey FBW,that green car over in the right corner of the yard there,is that the one that the newbie ran over?I saw it back there the other day and it was a mess!Oh yeah I talked to the dispatcher there and he said PHX will move into the other terminal on AUG21.Man that will be Blessing!