ODFL | Old Dominion Vs. Saia

MajorGains

TB Lurker
Credits
Well since Saia has announced a new terminal opening Oct. 1st a few of our guys are itching to make that leap, I personally have no desire to go but does anybody have any idea why Saia is so attractive to these guys etc.? Just curious if any of our drivers have come from Saia and what your experiences were, the pros the cons? I look at it as just another competitor coming to town, there's plenty of freight out there for all of us in my opinion.

Well since Saia has announced a new terminal opening Oct. 1st a few of our guys are itching to make that leap, I personally have no desire to go but does anybody have any idea why Saia is so attractive to these guys etc.? Just curious if any of our drivers have come from Saia and what your experiences were, the pros the cons? I look at it as just another competitor coming to town, there's plenty of freight out there for all of us in my opinion.

For me it was about appearance really as I've recently interviewed with both. saias pay was fine and ot after 45 hrs and free health after 10 years but there lot just looked junky like they don't put much into taking care of things.
Where as old dominon to me was nice pays good no ot but whatever

Long story short I start at OD on Monday was my pick

That makes sense, I've been with OD for awhile and am very content with what I'm doing, I come in do my job, they leave me alone, I go home to my family. I've worked at 2 other LTL'S and OD has treated me the best by far. All the guys contemplating leaving have never worked for another LTL so this makes more sense to me now, I've left other LTL'S in search for greener grass now it's their turn I suppose

For me it was about appearance really as I've recently interviewed with both. saias pay was fine and ot after 45 hrs and free health after 10 years but there lot just looked junky like they don't put much into taking care of things.
Where as old dominon to me was nice pays good no ot but whatever

Long story short I start at OD on Monday was my pick
Welcome aboard, good luck!

Were giving a $15,000 signing bonus and top pay to experienced drivers a month or so ago. Issue was managements change in attitude to drivers. Know 2 10+ year guys that left and went to Fed Ex. Good guys and miss visiting with them at my break stop. Depending on location, numerous LTLs making deals and incentives for experience line haulers.

Were giving a $15,000 signing bonus and top pay to experienced drivers a month or so ago. Issue was managements change in attitude to drivers. Know 2 10+ year guys that left and went to Fed Ex. Good guys and miss visiting with them at my break stop. Depending on location, numerous LTLs making deals and incentives for experience line haulers.
Could they see the handwriting on the wall?

I worked at Saia for 6 years in line haul and I left there to go to old dominion and I have been at OD for 6 years. It was the best thing that I did. I also know of a couple of 20+ year mean that are leaving Saia for OD because of all the politic bs tgat is going on with Saia. They said they are just tired of how the rules change for the different situations..

Everyone and I mean everyone wants to work for OD. Look on all the LTL FB pages, OD is all they ask for,, these other carriers have to pony up some big bucks just in hopes that might be able to snag a driver from the Old Dominion Super Power.

Soon OD will have to offer huge sign on bonuses for P&D since everyone is too lazy to do it.