FedEx Freight | old east road units in POS

moose

TB Regular
Credits
I have seen a few of our old road units in POS painted completely white new rubber all the way around,and they have FEDEX national LTL decals being put on them with there truck numbers. I was quite suprised by this alot of the old 3000 series trucks they have done this too with the old red interior.Boy I bet this is gonna start something really good probably should have just kept my mouth shut but hey when ya see something you let people know......

We had a post on our bulletin board about this, I didnt think they would paint them.FedEx is buying out the city o-o tractors

I think the reason they are doing this and I know this will make no sense but anyway FedEx bought trucks from contractors at Watkins. They never looked at any of the trucks and they gave them all book value from what I was told. Some of these trucks are just plain junk and I dont see them putting them on the street.

I think we will get some of these painted trucks to replace the junk they bought from contractors. Some of the trucks they bought were not to bad but some were just plain junk. I still cannot figure out why they would buy these trucks if they had no intentions on using them but im sure they have some odd reason.

At Watkins we always had new equipment and they didn't cut any corners on them either they were decked out inside but I am sure those days are gone. With Chip Watkins still running things at National maybe we wont see a huge change in equipment but you never know.

I understand about 500 or 600 of Freight's red Volvo VN's are to be painted and logo'd National LTL... Charlotte is having them painted every day. They are actually good tractors. They ride and handle better than alot of our new equipment. National LTL may be just gonna run em in the city..I do not know...They would be terrific city tractors ... They have CD players, Air conditioning and ride great.

eolithic said:
I think the reason they are doing this and I know this will make no sense but anyway FedEx bought trucks from contractors at Watkins. They never looked at any of the trucks and they gave them all book value from what I was told. Some of these trucks are just plain junk and I dont see them putting them on the street.

I think we will get some of these painted trucks to replace the junk they bought from contractors. Some of the trucks they bought were not to bad but some were just plain junk. I still cannot figure out why they would buy these trucks if they had no intentions on using them but im sure they have some odd reason.

At Watkins we always had new equipment and they didn't cut any corners on them either they were decked out inside but I am sure those days are gone. With Chip Watkins still running things at National maybe we wont see a huge change in equipment but you never know.

I dont think this will change we have some decked out equipment also and it has gotten better since we were bought out

well whoever gets R6397 good luck could be one of the worst tractors we have. More the a pile of you know what. Was great till another driver complained it went to fast (68) they took it into HFD and cut the balls off of it. Before I lost it went 63 on the flats and 35 up hill EMPTY. Easily below 20 mph with heavy loads.

:bigmouth: dont ya wanna just slap a guy like that ,should always just go with the old didnt see anything ,dont know anything .........

I don't know but they buy trucks on contracts that may run for years for a certain numbers of units each year. By FedEx only buying WML assets they may have lost the contracts that WML had for new units.The factories for the most part have each truck sold to a dealer 8-10 months ahead of the delivery time sometimes longer than that. FedEx may not be able to get tractors for Nat at this time.