ABF | Old Movies

My favorite..."They Drive by Night" with George Raft and Humphrey Bogart. My mom was pregnant with me when my dad took her to the movies to see that and that's why I love driving the large cars. :smile new:

My favorite..."They Drive by Night" with George Raft and Humphrey Bogart. My mom was pregnant with me when my dad took her to the movies to see that and that's why I love driving the large cars. :smile new:

Ahh.....yes! Great movie.........

I thought I had seen most of Bogart's movies but I never heard of They Drive By Night. Bogart is good in We're No Angels.

The first Clint Eastwood movie I remember seeing was " Where Eagles Dare" 1968. Comes on every once in awhile usually like 2am. Clint and Richard Burton? Who dreamt that one up? Not Clint's best acting performance but that aura was coming to life. Took 2-3 times of watching this movie to see it. It's just simply pause... he'll wait a second before responding, cock one eye and lay a pretty good line on ya. The Duke did it best but Clint is second in my poll. Not much in special effects, no animation, no sex and almost no swearing! Just good ole' down to earth acting take it or leave it. Something to be said for those type of movies.

The first Clint Eastwood movie I remember seeing was " Where Eagles Dare" 1968. Comes on every once in awhile usually like 2am. Clint and Richard Burton? Who dreamt that one up? Not Clint's best acting performance but that aura was coming to life. Took 2-3 times of watching this movie to see it. It's just simply pause... he'll wait a second before responding, cock one eye and lay a pretty good line on ya. The Duke did it best but Clint is second in my poll. Not much in special effects, no animation, no sex and almost no swearing! Just good ole' down to earth acting take it or leave it. Something to be said for those type of movies.

G rated Eastwood movie #1, Paint Your Wagon, with Academy Awrd Nominee, Lee Marvin.

Again,.....the book, Brother.......Alister MacLean also wrote “The Guns of Navarone”
Movies both are good,.......but the books far better. Much more intricate.
That being said,.....watching Eastwood interact with Burton makes the movie interesting to watch.....

I’ll have to watch that movie......Boot camp for me in 1971.......

But I was in the.......”Chair Force”........

Or, at least,.......that’s what my son in the Navy says that all the other branches of the service call the Air Force........

I’ll have to watch that movie......Boot camp for me in 1971.......

But I was in the.......”Chair Force”........

Or, at least,.......that’s what my son in the Navy says that all the other branches of the service call the Air Force........
I was a wild child back then. I was in bootcamp two weeks after I graduated from high school. If a young person has issues or no plans after high school, the military is a good start in a young person's life.

Last edited: