OMG, Holy cow, and whatever else!

grocerythrower

TB Legend
Credits
12 stops, 85 miles, 879 cases...I was crying like a little girl, by stop 6 I was crawling up the ramp, it was physically impossible for me to run up the ramp period, my feet hurt like hell fire, my legs, hips, hands, shoulder, back, I was never so glad to be done, the ride back was quite painful.

I'm not sure how long I was on shuttle but it was long enough to make me a punk sissy where throwing groceries is concerned, I know in a couple of weeks I'll be back to normal, but its gonna be a tough couple weeks, my 45 yr old body don't seem to like a good long rest and then getting thrown back into the fire.

Next time, if there is a next time, that I go on shuttle it will be damn well for good, this sucks!

In sissyfied solidarity,

GT

yes sir i only get a 28 footer. my routes 100-150 miles 800-875 cases and 20,ooo plus on a 28'. sysco will work you hard.

12 stops, 85 miles, 879 cases...I was crying like a little girl, by stop 6 I was crawling up the ramp, it was physically impossible for me to run up the ramp period, my feet hurt like hell fire, my legs, hips, hands, shoulder, back, I was never so glad to be done, the ride back was quite painful.

I'm not sure how long I was on shuttle but it was long enough to make me a punk sissy where throwing groceries is concerned, I know in a couple of weeks I'll be back to normal, but its gonna be a tough couple weeks, my 45 yr old body don't seem to like a good long rest and then getting thrown back into the fire.

Next time, if there is a next time, that I go on shuttle it will be damn well for good, this sucks!

In sissyfied solidarity,

GT

Wuss. Suck it up driver. It will get easier, lol.

Man GT stop the whinning. You really do sound like a sissy. Suck it up and be a man. I had almost 1100 today. But then again I had help lol. I've been training the last few weeks. You will be glad to be back on routes this man. Call me sometime

GT I had a 2175 case full load going to DesMoines last weekend and about 1700 cases in I hated my life ;) 5 hours unload drive for a few and hit the hotel.
I had never been so damn happy to see a super 8 in my life !
these trailers have some tall ass stacks in them

fritolay2_zps312163dc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
GT I had a 2175 case full load going to DesMoines last weekend and about 1700 cases in I hated my life ;) 5 hours unload drive for a few and hit the hotel.

Ya but your cases weigh what, 10LBS? LOL J/K That is a lot of cases.

Trailer tails are ghey!

Just the going back and forth with that many cases will wear ya out, good thing Frito don't ship 6-10's lol, hell I'd quit soon as I saw the trailer, but I'm a sissy girly man, I had 722 cases, 19 stops on a 28', the way Sysco OK loads, I started at 0530 and didn't clock out till 1853, WTF, ran 128 miles, all local, so much for our routing system, I bet all said and done, I touched 4000 cases today, with all the sorting and moving and moving cases back...geeze...

Where all do you unload? The outlying depots? I saw a Frito Lay truck today on my way back to the yard, he wasn't pulling a drop deck van, it was a regular 53 footer with a lift gate under the back, not one of those huge monstrosities that coke and pepsi have, it was neatly tucked away, anyhow, he was pulling into Reasors grocery store @ around 1700, in Jenks OK.

Well if it was yesterday it would've been me. I was down there Sunday. We cover 6 states. Some direct to stores or to PEC ( product exchange centers ) or BINS. Basically where I unload routes to a storage place. And we also unload at certain stores and a sales man comes in and stocks the place.

The drop decks are mostly used on bins or PEC full loads. We can use them at stores but its a pain to use the jacks on them to make it dock high

The drop decks are mostly used on bins or PEC full loads. We can use them at stores but its a pain to use the jacks on them to make it dock high

On Sunday you were down here? You shoulda hollered at me, I'd of bought lunch, we weren't doing much of anything.

Most yards in OKC and Tulsa are just the smaller trucks and we run the bigger accounts direct from the plant or to the yards for the route trucks

I know OKC and TUL have tractor trailers, for sure OKC, I see them hooking, also there in OKC they have at least 5 or 6 day cab tractors, IDK about TUL, its smaller than the OKC yard, I have seen tractors there though and double 53's coming out of OKC and TUL, thats why I was wondering.