ON Strike!!

I hope oakh burns in hell for this misery it has caused all the hard working teamster families.They have alway's claimed they were family oriented and by that they meant thier family,screw the hard working men and women who made oakh what it was before monday night.If that is what it is meant to be cristians i'll stayout of the church for good.I hope these s*abs wreak every truck they have and **** off every customer oakh earned and this company goes down the toilet to show the vanderpuke family greed does not prevail.

Heard that the 170 replacement scads that were flown in only turned out to 40? also who is doing the mechanic work and office staff???? sounds like a major cluster f$%$ to me. keep it up guys...

They are forcing some of the Portland mechanics to Auburn.
Both office and shop are non-union in Portland.

Dave and Ed you are paying some of these **** drivers weekly
so off to the chase I go.

You should see these *****, you have management that has
never known how to do their jobs trying to tell **** drivers
how to do the work in areas they have no idea where they
are going. I have yet to follow a driver that has not gotten
lost.
But being the kind striking Teamsters we are, we are
more then willing to offer the directions and they listen.:biglaugh:

We are ready to accept that this is the end of Joke Harbor:smilie_132:

Henry I apologize to you, after you busted your a$$ to build this
company and we busted ours to help, only to see your son's come
in and pick a fight they WILL NOT WIN.

THERE WILL BE NO LETTING UP ON THE A$$ KICKING
Day, Night, 24/7.

aub driver needs to get a life....if he wants nothing to do with this why does he consistently post on here? we all know that this is not Henry's doing it is his so called christian sons....customers have told us that they understand why we are here and they support us because for once it's not about us it about those who came before us in fact those same people are coming down and walking the line with us. as far ad the other carriers go some are struggling to keep up with the extra loads but the union carriers are willing to hire us to help get it done....if i need to so be it! i don't need the union or ba's to get union work it is obvious that abudriver is just spouting BS like normal.

if your so serious about crossing the line aubdriver, then be a man and do it. Just wave and smile on the way out so I know who to follow.

I have a life and don't need to depend on union B.S. to hide behind. If you cannot manage your own life, then you are the real idiot. Bring it on, I could care less about you. How do you like Brian as your daddy, do you need a wipe from him in the Honey Bucket? I was thinking about bringing myself down to your level, but then realized that there is no need to. Go to these other carriers that Brian mentions that are hiring. Now what are you going to do when the dust selltes and freight is spread out among several other carriers? More cutbacks from those carriers. If they did cutbacks because of no freight and have to recall them back, well then wake up and kiss your sign. I don't have an answer for anyone, I just try to help people wake up. No, I will not come and hold your hand to move forward with your life.

You frightened ,confused ,little man.This company has had every opportunity to give the employees a real offer. If you think a clash was not inevitable then you must not have worked here long enough to have known the good Hank VP years . The boys have bullied ,pushed,lied and cheated ever since Daddy ceded control. They would have and will continue this process unless we stop them either with a strong union contract ,or we destroy their company as an example to others like them . We want and will fight for justice and good working conditions. Please find another place to go with your
whining .I spent many years building this company with many good Teamsters .Remember nonunion workers at Oak Harbor if the union side at this company fails there will no longer be a reason to give you anything at all.Think hard and long before you criticize this battle.

Dagger to the heart brother. Excellent post. Everyone read this and read it twice. Teamster Elvis out....

Just a couple stupid questions:

1. What is the strike generally about? I heard no contract for the last year.
2. Does running the company into the ground do anyone any good?
3. What prompted the strike versus further negotiations?

I'm all pro union, just trying to follow the story from the outside. Was thinking about running a set of triples down your street honking my horn in support of everyone.

How about no longer participating in the union pension. The rest of us in the Western conference will lose another company paying into our retirement fund. Instead you get a 401. Has anyone looked at the returns of your 401 lately.

You will have to pay for you & your family to be covered for medical. It will go from approx 250 deductible to $1500.

You will no longer have any sick leave unless you have paid into a seperate bank account (which the company will monitor and receive all of the interest in your savings acct for sick leave)

The retirees will have to pay more than double to maintain any kind of health coverage.

If I am wrong PLEASE someone make it clearer.

How about no longer participating in the union pension. The rest of us in the Western conference will lose another company paying into our retirement fund. Instead you get a 401. Has anyone looked at the returns of your 401 lately.

You will have to pay for you & your family to be covered for medical. It will go from approx 250 deductible to $1500.

You will no longer have any sick leave unless you have paid into a seperate bank account (which the company will monitor and receive all of the interest in your savings acct for sick leave)

The retirees will have to pay more than double to maintain any kind of health coverage.

So what is most likely going to happen? Will they just shut the doors and reappear in a different name? Sounds like a horrible offer. I wouldn't go for it either.

401ks are good, yes they are down now but they will go back up,you got to stay in it for the long haul:1036316054:

I'm all pro union, just trying to follow the story from the outside. Was thinking about running a set of triples down your street honking my horn in support of everyone.

Answers:

1. As stated in previous posts, our cost for medical would go up as well as the retiree's portion. The company states that they are offering a raise to offset the increased out-of-pocket cost but neglect to inform anyone that the rates could go up, or coverage could go down. Also, the company has been playing this thing out for almost a year now, trying to coerce and bully us.

2. Running the company into the ground could benefit us because the freight has to go somewhere. The other companies that get the added business will be hiring drivers/dockworkers/office staff to compensate. The company and those that chose to cross will be left with nothing which is what happens when greed ultimately gets in the way of heart.

3. Negotiations have been going on for a year now. The company says they have offered 8 proposals but what they aren't telling people is that it's the same proposal over and over again with a few words changed. Enough is enough.

pensions are not guaranteed either.i know of two people that were airline pilots that had their pensions cut in half because the pension became insolvent and was take over by the government.i have also read the stories about overnite not having enough to cover their pension when UPS bought them .401k's are only as good as long as the holder of the account pays attention and understands where to invest and why.

Along with what tc1 said.

#1 Unfair labor practices. Oak was walking a very fine line and they may have stepped too far. Oak has been bombarding us with their version of the facts including about 11 CD's mailed to the home. (I Only watched the one that they paid me to watch. Hanging them in the fruit tress do keep the birds away:biglaugh:) The strike was called just after the company gave it best and finial offer. Of course they said the Union didn't let the members vote (strike autherization was give 14 months ago.) on it but it was basically the SOSDD stuff that they have been pushing for. It was an excellent time to strike. Oak figured they could buy another few days.

#2 Nothing. They refused to bargain in good faith. They have been dragging this on for 16(?) months. Contract ended 10/31/2007. We all knew that when we walked it would be the end of the jobs. Sometimes a person has to make a stand and we have chosen to do so. How much money has Oak paid out to the strike breaking company, the two lawyers that specialize in union busting and all the other expense over the last three years ? I bet it is reaching seven figures. They will be 10 years if not longer recovering from this. They could settled and been money ahead. If they want to urinate there money away so be it. All they want is to have enough money left to live on and to give to the church. Somehow in the warped minds of the Van Der Pol's they think they can buy their salvation. We could have had a contract and while it may have not been the best it would have been fine. Does everyone think we don't know that freight is down and the economy is circling the drain? Yes jobs will be hard to come by. Hell I'm scared and every one else is too. They have made it plain our way or the highway.

#3 Oak has no further interest in trying to negotiations. Period. They were invited to talk Tuesday or Wednesday and they wouldn't.

Might not be a good idea to visit us with your triples unless you want to break them up to get turned around. We are on a dead end street and Old Dominion might not appreciate you drive through their yard.

PS: Ed, the wooden shoes have dry rot.

Might not be a good idea to visit us with your triples unless you want to break them up to get turned around. We are on a dead end street and Old Dominion might not appreciate you drive through their yard.

Uh oh, guess I won't be doing that?
2. Running the company into the ground could benefit us because the freight has to go somewhere. The other companies that get the added business will be hiring drivers/dockworkers/office staff to compensate. The company and those that chose to cross will be left with nothing which is what happens when greed ultimately gets in the way of heart.

Never thought about it that way. I guess that could help anyone though like the new non union company the Vanderstools come up with once they close the doors?

They plan on trying to replace you............stupid part on there side.You cant replace an ohfl driver and get the same results,it's going to fail and blow up in there face just watch the customer's walk away.

No easymoney it is going to blow in your face. You can be replaced.

Sure, many of the Idaho weak sisters crossed... we knew they would do that months ago. No shock there. I hope they duck their heads in shame every time they cross our line, because they sold themselves out FOR NOTHING!

They will not have a job to go back to very shortly, so they turned their backs on their brothers for nothing. Same with the twenty or so office girls up in Corporate that crossed. Let 'em cross. They can sit in their cubicles, and chew on their fingernails as they watch the company implode around them. They will probably have a nice bird's-eye view of Ed getting ready to hang himself in his office... HAHAHAHAHA!:hysterical:

The real men and women who built this company and who care about something other than selfishness and self-centeredness are out walking the line at this very moment, and...

I SALUTE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU!:1036316054: