ON Strike!!

Ok so i drove by the bremerton terminal today and not a picketer to be found,seem's they all just forgot they were on strike,although i did see car's in the parking lot so they also must have crossed.It's no surprise that Tim the line driver in Bremerton crossed he never was much of a teamster to begin with.It was alway's about him and never about us.

Ok so i drove by the bremerton terminal today and not a picketer to be found,seem's they all just forgot they were on strike,although i did see car's in the parking lot so they also must have crossed.It's no surprise that Tim the line driver in Bremerton crossed he never was much of a teamster to begin with.It was alway's about him and never about us.

OHFL closed operations in several smaller terminals. Permanently? I don't know. I know that Bremerton and Everett are on that list of terminals locked up and consolidated with Auburn and Olympia.

on a lighter note. A proud PDX driver for 13 years celebrated his 60th birthday today around a burn barrel with a hamburger and baked beans with some of the best drivers and dock workers he knows. What more could a guy ask for in a birthday party. And he figures he will be working for the next 13 years. When you see the walker coming out of the truck before the driver you will know it is him he suggests getting out of his way.

Teamsters Extend Oak Harbor Freight Lines Strike to California and Nevada
Trucking Company Continues to Refuse to Bargain in Good Faith
September 30, 2008
(Washington, D.C.) – Teamsters will begin picketing Oak Harbor Freight Lines’ trucks in California and Nevada this week to support striking employees in Washington, Oregon and Idaho. Oak Harbor employees in the Northwest walked off the job September 22 in response to hostile efforts by company representatives to bully and intimidate workers, which are unfair labor practices in violation of federal law.

“Oak Harbor’s customers in California and Nevada will likely experience service disruptions as we begin following the company’s trucks with ambulatory pickets,” said Al Hobart, International Vice President and President of Joint Council 28.

Oak Harbor Freight Lines, one of the largest trucking companies on the West Coast, provide time sensitive delivery services to some of the largest companies in the country including The Gap, Safeway, JC Penney, Sylvania, Graybar Electric, HD Waterworks, Honda, McKesson, Cardinal Health, Tec Equipment, Siemens, Georgia Pacific, Owens & Minor, GM & Chrysler Parts, Urban Outfitters and Maytag.

“Teamsters up and down the West Coast are standing strong with our brothers and sisters in the Northwest,” said Tyson Johnson, International Vice President and Freight Division Director. “Oak Harbor’s customers would be wise to seek out alternative carriers while our members are on strike.”

The National Labor Relations Board is investigating several labor law violations committed by the company including coercing and threatening employees, as well as making unlawful changes to working conditions.

Founded in 1903, the International Brotherhood of Teamsters represents more than 1.4 million hardworking men and women in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico.

Graybar Electric is represented by Teamsters 117 not sure what jobs there are Teamsters could be the warehouse and shipping. Worth finding out if anyone follows one of the OHFL trucks on ambulatory to that location.

At least one of the Vander Pols have it right.

"One constant throughout our organization over the past five decades has been our belief that if you treat people—our employees and all the people for whom we work—with respect and integrity, it will promote worry-free service."

Notice how the employees came before the customers. Only because without loyal and faithful employees your customer base isn't there.

My last post was taken from the other Vander Pol website Peninsula.
Today while out doing ambulatory striking we passed 3 of Penns trucks and they honked their horn at the Oakie giving them the one finger wave. Its gotta be hell when not only the Teamsters on the line hate these guys but the other trucking companies do as well.

I'm working for a non-union outfit and it even ticks me off when I see one of your trucks in my route area. Because the usual 3 that I'll see are guys that I've become friends with over the past few years, but now each time I see their tractor it's someone I've never seen before and I know they're out there some where not working.

I was told by Chris S in Oly through Russ that everyone from Brem had or would cross other than Chris K. If this is incorrect I appologise. That is certainly not the kind of thing that you want to get wrong on one of these. I know though that Tim J crossed becuase I saw his pathetic self in oly crossing our line. I cant believe he could do it when he said he wouldnt for anything

SOLIDARITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH MAN I've heard even our nonunion carriers are
slowing them up due to friendships formed with our route drivers.You know
slowing at lights ,taking a little toilet and phone break while blocking the dock.
Some of our better receivers are even taking a little extra time to count and
are sure to note all exceptions.Isn't loyalty great. My buddies give me real
reports of how much they're taking from Oak .The numbers are staggering. Rumor has it they will be laying off ***** soon.Along with office and sales staff they just can't get the NUMBERS.

Slow down

Coming in last night, going through the terwilliger curves , I was doing my normal 49 to 55 mph when I had a Oak set pass me like was standing still, I mean this idiot was flying (I'm Flybynite), not some wannabe. Two thoughts came to mind, this guy is moving because he has no freight, or hopefully the local PD is on hand, he was but he already had a customer.

Then I met up with him waiting to turn onto 13th to go to your yard and the guy takes off like a rocket. I told him on the radio to slow down it is not a drag strip here, but no response. I guess they haven't taught them how to use a C.B. yet. I wish the best for you people.

Fly.

P.S. Memo to OHFL, please tell your labor ready line haul division that the stick like thing on the left side of the steering wheel is called a turn signal. When they need to make a lane change or a turn it would be real helpful to use the turn signal. It is a safe practice to communicate your intentions to the motoring public. Thank You:biglaugh::smilie_132:

I'm sure they were quite a treat. Hope the dock wasn't too bright for their bloodshot eyes.

Someone would sure have some balls to walk into that place right now and place an app. and then expect their vehicle not to be messed with.

What a man, someone will go into a building and look for work during these times and you will damage their car..

A tough guy.

What else do you do, fight girls...

Never mentioned anything about me doing it. Just dont think it's a safe idea to park a scabby vehicle near striking teamsters.

Please try starting a fight elsewhere.

i love how everyone goes, looking for work during these times, like its that bad, there are jobs all over the place all one has to do is look. these times are not as bad as everyone makes them out to be.