TForce | One Barn - One List

NiKDiesel

TB Regular
Credits
Does anyone out there feel the same that "I"... That, with all the "changes in operation" that UP's is making "throughout all our terminals"... That, they should "restructure" their policy involving "seniority" regarding changes in "job classifications?"

The majority of us will probably be "converted" into a "one list" per barn situation anyways once the teamsters are in place... "Why" doesn't UP's give us the opportunity to "rebid our barns" as "one list" allowing everyone's seniority to take them where they want?

"I" understand this will probably "not" be a very "popular" question to ask... especially for those that have probably "never" operated under a "one seniority list barn" before... but, you know something... The "need" is there... the "entire process" is being "disrupted" anyways... "detention" and "frustration" towards "both" company and fellow coworkers is setting in...

This would allow for the "smoke to clear" and "reinstate" the true meaning of "seniority"...

Those that should be working "will" and those that should "not" "will not"...

"Everyone" understands the way it "should be"... even those at the bottom of seniority... they understand they shouldn't be working "before" someone that has been there longer then they... It's just the way it is right now... which is "unfair"... they know that!

*** by they way... "I" am at the bottom of seniority at "my" barn... So, making this statement benefits me "none - what's so ever!" ***

We have debated this many times before. And yes, Its a hot topic. Everyone knows how I feel about it. Seniority rules! But I don't think or expect anything to change under our new National Contract regarding the seniority list process.

Does anyone out there feel the same that "I"... That, with all the "changes in operation" that UP's is making "throughout all our terminals"... That, they should "restructure" their policy involving "seniority" regarding changes in "job classifications?"

The majority of us will probably be "converted" into a "one list" per barn situation anyways once the teamsters are in place... "Why" doesn't UP's give us the opportunity to "rebid our barns" as "one list" allowing everyone's seniority to take them where they want?

"I" understand this will probably "not" be a very "popular" question to ask... especially for those that have probably "never" operated under a "one seniority list barn" before... but, you know something... The "need" is there... the "entire process" is being "disrupted" anyways... "detention" and "frustration" towards "both" company and fellow coworkers is setting in...

This would allow for the "smoke to clear" and "reinstate" the true meaning of "seniority"...

Those that should be working "will" and those that should "not" "will not"...

"Everyone" understands the way it "should be"... even those at the bottom of seniority... they understand they shouldn't be working "before" someone that has been there longer then they... It's just the way it is right now... which is "unfair"... they know that!

*** by they way... "I" am at the bottom of seniority at "my" barn... So, making this statement benefits me "none - what's so ever!" ***

Well, I'm at the very top of seniority and I say no. That would be unfair to all the drivers that worked hard to get to where they are. That's why you better know what you really want before you make a job classification change.

Well, I'm at the very top of seniority and I say no. That would be unfair to all the drivers that worked hard to get to where they are. That's why you better know what you really want before you make a job classification change.

How do you feel about 25 years of service on the road and then your line runs get terminated and you are bumped into the city on the bottom of the list? The man with 6 months company time will get the work before the 25 year man.

How do you feel about 25 years of service on the road and then your line runs get terminated and you are bumped into the city on the bottom of the list? The man with 6 months company time will get the work before the 25 year man.

First and foremost, I don't ever see something like this happening. Unless theres only 1 road run out of a Terminal. In which case...Start looking for another job! That Terminal is about to shutdown! The company senority will weed that type of thing out anyway under the "layoff policy".

And I'm another who wouldn't like a one list.
Don't like the idea that someone who has been a dockworker for how ever many years, decides to come on the road and takes # 1 spot.
Or, the driver who takes a road run in the summer, then goes back into the city in the winter. In my opinion, you've gotta take the good with the bad.

If we're gonna go that route, why not let everyone go with a "Super Senority" in areas that have Terminals within a 50 mile radius? "If I don't like the runs at my Terminal, I'll just go over here until something better comes up! And then I'll go over there
and take that one!"
I DON'T THINK SO!

Screw that idea, the guys that were hired off of the street for linehaul, because no one at that yard at the time wanted a line run will get screwed.

Yea, I've heard all about your contract. :hysterical:

There is not much leverage with only 1 or 2 terminals that are Union.
But now the whole Company will be Union and we can stand together.
There is no more Motor Cargo or Overnite, we are UPSF. Oh how the times are changing.
And our MC contract is a thing of the past. Lets move on. Stay strong and united.:1036316054:

There is not much leverage with only 1 or 2 terminals that are Union.
But now the whole Company will be Union and we can stand together.
There is no more Motor Cargo or Overnite, we are UPSF. Oh how the times are changing.
And our MC contract is a thing of the past. Lets move on. Stay strong and united.:1036316054:

I know I just like to give webidiot a hard time because his attitude is so sucky. Is that a word? :hysterical:

We have debated this many times before. And yes, Its a hot topic. Everyone knows how I feel about it. Seniority rules! But I don't think or expect anything to change under our new National Contract regarding the seniority list process.

"We've already been informed that here in the Northeast this is how it is... Our entire barn is aware of it and preparing for it...

"I" cannot speak for the rest of the country... but, "I" don't think that we are going to be the "only" area affected by this stipulation...

I did see your reply "Rebel" as well... The process will "not" work as you indicate...

With a "one barn - one list" policy the language is going to read: "That if you bid the ROAD you are LOCKED into that road bid for ONE YEAR"... There is "No" going back and forth...

Again, my actual reasoning for bringing the subject up, was basically to offer a "one time shot" at "repairing" the "chaos" that has been created by "all the changes of operations" "lately"... This would basically "wipe the slate clean" allowing for allot of the "dissention" and "frustration" to subside.

It just seems that the “need is there”

"We've already been informed that here in the Northeast this is how it is... Our entire barn is aware of it and preparing for it...

"I" cannot speak for the rest of the country... but, "I" don't think that we are going to be the "only" area affected by this stipulation...

I did see your reply "Rebel" as well... The process will "not" work as you indicate...

With a "one barn - one list" policy the language is going to read: "That if you bid the ROAD you are LOCKED into that road bid for ONE YEAR"... There is "No" going back and forth...

Again, my actual reasoning for bringing the subject up, was basically to offer a "one time shot" at "repairing" the "chaos" that has been created by "all the changes of operations" "lately"... This would basically "wipe the slate clean" allowing for allot of the "dissention" and "frustration" to subside.

No! That is just wishful thinking on people that have switched back and forth and now are down in company senority.
If they do what you suggest there will be more chaos then there is now. Just my opinion.:1036316054:

We have been informed this will remain classification seniority. Just as it has been in the south. Same as NMFA.

Screw that idea, the guys that were hired off of the street for linehaul, because no one at that yard at the time wanted a line run will get screwed.

I remember when road jobs were never posted. At our place they didn't want to train a dock worker to work in the city so they hired off the street.

No! That is just wishful thinking on people that have switched back and forth and now are down in company senority.
If they do what you suggest there will be more chaos then there is now. Just my opinion.:1036316054:

"Perhaps"... But, at least we would reach a leveling of point... "More so" then where we are right now - where as there just seems to be "no end in sight"...

These changes have placed us in a compromising predicament with end results being focused on “jealousy” as well as “confusion” regarding what is “fair”

It is “fair” to retain your “seniority rights” and “work” before a “junior man”

It is “fair” to at least consider “drastic changes” that could possibly “end brother against brother jealousies and hostilities”

I can see this being a big deal, we are not Overnite and we are not Motor Cargo. How are they going to consolidate the two in the same citys , They may well have to do a master list and and a total restructuring. 1 list will only be the fair way to do it.

As I have said. The seniority bid process will not change. What you see in the Indy contract is what we will have. The same as it has always been. I don't care what any BA or local says about it. It will not change. Even if it were to go up for a vote, It still will not change.