TForce | One Barn - One List

You only get paid 8 hours if you come to work. If they cut your run and you stay home you don't get paid. they guarantee you 8 hours if you work.

Either Your Not Understanding...

Or Your Being Mislead!

If Your in the 90 Percentile...

They have to Guarantee You Eight (8) Hours!

They call You off - and don't offer You Work...

Then You know what?

Free Money! :1036316054:

If They Call You off - and You don't Accept Alternate Work - then the Guarantee Does Not Apply...

I's not as good as they made it sound.

It's Never going to Sound Good - If You all keep Believing - what You want to Believe!

We all know the difference between Right and Wrong...

If You Believe something to be Wrong...

Then Do what the Contract Permits You to Do...

File some Paperwork...

Then wait for Determination.

If Your too Impatient to go through the Motions of Filing - then Waiting...

Then Stop - Pointing Fingers at the Union!

They can't Work for You if You don't do some Work for Yourself! :smilie_132:

Either Your Not Understanding...

Or Your Being Mislead!

If Your in the 90 Percentile...

They have to Guarantee You Eight (8) Hours!

They call You off - and don't offer You Work...

Then You know what?

Free Money! :1036316054:

If They Call You off - and You don't Accept Alternate Work - then the Guarantee Does Not Apply...

It's Never going to Sound Good - If You all keep Believing - what You want to Believe!

We all know the difference between Right and Wrong...

If You Believe something to be Wrong...

Then Do what the Contract Permits You to Do...

File some Paperwork...

Then wait for Determination.

If Your too Impatient to go through the Motions of Filing - then Waiting...

Then Stop - Pointing Fingers at the Union!

They can't Work for You if You don't do some Work for Yourself! :smilie_132:

10-4 Brother:1036316054::funky:

Well thanx, but what am I not completely right on? Maybe I can make it right.:1036316054:

I think you will find that you get 40 hours. If you don't work one night and the other four nights equal 40 hours or more I don't think you are going to get eight hours of pay.check it out and let me know. I'm not always right Accelerator,but I think I am about this.

I think you will find that you get 40 hours. If you don't work one night and the other four nights equal 40 hours or more I don't think you are going to get eight hours of pay.check it out and let me know. I'm not always right Accelerator,but I think I am about this.

Four out of the Five would have to be Exactly Four Ten (10) Hour Day's...

Otherwise - would have to be Paid the Hours bringing You up to the Forty (40) Hour Guarantee (Straight Time has to equal - 40 Hours)

Article 18
Workday and Workweek

Section 3. Overtime

All hours worked... in excess of ten (10) hours per day shall not apply against the guarantee but must be paid in addition to the guarantee.

As Nik has just shown you, 10 Hrs. per day for 4 day's eaqualls overtime after 8. 2 hours per day x4= 8 hours of overtime in that week.

What the original clause refers to is Overtime cannot be pyramidid.and you are gauranteed 40 hours of straight time, so as long as you get 40 hrs straight in 5 or 40 in 4 with 2 hrs of ot per day everything is fine.

I am a road driver and that is what I am talking about,But I still don't think you will get more than 40 hours of (quote) free money of working in the city.

You get paid for the job you are performing article 18 section 4, so if you are a road driver for a week, then you get road pay, if you are a city driver or local cartage driver, then you receive the same as a local cartage driver, which means you get hourly with OT after 8 or 40.

How do you feel about 25 years of service on the road and then your line runs get terminated and you are bumped into the city on the bottom of the list? The man with 6 months company time will get the work before the 25 year man.

How about the same road driver who gets bumped to the bottom of the extra board and then laid off? Everybody can say it won't happen but I know of 3 people out of South Bend, Chicago and SOH that may be in that exact boat. Seems senority rules are meant to mean your senority in what ever classification you are in, not time with the Company.

You get paid for the job you are performing article 18 section 4, so if you are a road driver for a week, then you get road pay, if you are a city driver or local cartage driver, then you receive the same as a local cartage driver, which means you get hourly with OT after 8 or 40.

And you should get "Local Cartage" pay for city driving as well, we have grieved this in the north, and as "busternite\ thug" had said , it is a loophole in the contract.

And you should get "Local Cartage" pay for city driving as well, we have grieved this in the north, and as "busternite\ thug" had said , it is a loophole in the contract.

Problem in CGO is that there are 2 Unions, one for city and one for road, so you can't even drive in the City.

It seems strange to me that after all these years of being under Ovnt'S thumb and making no waves, that this business about senority and one board is now a hot topic. First of all it would cause so much confusion at every bid it would be unreal, with the city guys wanting the good runs in the summer and the rest of us having to deal with the garbage. Then you would haver drivers bumping into your terminal with more seniority and after a year and a day bump you down a notch. There are only a handfull of drivers wanting this one board and if you look, they are the ones that spent 20+ years in the city to be home every night and now they don't need to be. They knew what the conditions where when they came out on the road. They are also getting ideas from the wrong people, IE other Union co. drivers. Worry about our company first then the others. Worry about the important things like getting freight, senority won't help a bit with no freight to haul. It's important to get out of the old OVNT mindset and start looking past the end of your nose before it's too late. We need someone in this company to look up to and not just fight with each other about stupid things. This seniority mess has generated so many needless grievences that are tying up the system that we can't get anything else resolved. The stupidity has got to stop!!!!!!

It seems strange to me that after all these years of being under Ovnt'S thumb and making no waves, that this business about senority and one board is now a hot topic. First of all it would cause so much confusion at every bid it would be unreal, with the city guys wanting the good runs in the summer and the rest of us having to deal with the garbage. Then you would haver drivers bumping into your terminal with more seniority and after a year and a day bump you down a notch. There are only a handfull of drivers wanting this one board and if you look, they are the ones that spent 20+ years in the city to be home every night and now they don't need to be. They knew what the conditions where when they came out on the road. They are also getting ideas from the wrong people, IE other Union co. drivers. Worry about our company first then the others. Worry about the important things like getting freight, senority won't help a bit with no freight to haul. It's important to get out of the old OVNT mindset and start looking past the end of your nose before it's too late. We need someone in this company to look up to and not just fight with each other about stupid things. This seniority mess has generated so many needless grievences that are tying up the system that we can't get anything else resolved. The stupidity has got to stop!!!!!!

It's in the contract. I don't care who wants a one board it ain't going to happen. There's p&d / dock and line haul.
That is the way it is and the way it's going to stay.
We bid twice a year per the contract.

just not worth repeating!

:duh: Unbelievable!

Without Article 5 - We have No Contract!

For those of You, that just don't get it...

Think about this, each and every time that You Punch In...

With Every Punch - it is One More Day of Seniority...

It is something that No-One can take away from You!

As long as You continue to: come to work...

And continue to: keep on Punching in - Day in and Day out...

You will learn, that with Every Punch - Your Time of Service will gain in Value...

Once You start to recognize this Value...

And are able to start using this Time to You Benefit...

It is then - and only then that You will truly understand why the rest of Us Fight - for the Company to Recognize Our Seniority for what it is...

Putting in the Time - is the only way to completely understand Seniority...

Then once Your Seniority has been Violated - You will understand the purpose for - and the reasoning behind, holding those accountable!

I agree with you NikDiesel. It doesn't matter if you worked 20 years on the road, 20 years in the city, or 20 years on the dock, when it comes to layoff, vacation, and retirement , whether you changed classifications or not, your 20 years is yours and they can't take it away. As far as being part time, I started out part time like everyone else I know, working 60 hours a week on the dock. I did that until they would put me on fulltime, so don't tell me that I had other irons in the fire. I could hardly walk to my car when I got off, much less work another job. As far as a city man going home every night as if he has it better than a road driver, your wrong. Most of the time you have just enough time to go home and shower,eat, and go to bed and get up and do it again. What I'm trying to say is we all have worked hard for this company, PERIOD. None of us are more important than the next man. We are union now and we must heip take care of each other. Stay United.