Holland | One Board

The contract states:"The intent of the parties' creation of the Utility Employee Positions to generate additional job opportunities and enhance employee earnings, by enhancing the Employer's ability to compete and grow." If YRC knew how to effectively operate a next day company they would not have to steal our money and squander our freight, jobs, and reputation. Maybe the end should be now. I think people need a wake up call.
Our local (Danny) said several times that the UE would only be used for new business. The mailer from the IBT labeled "Setting the Record Straight On Utility Employees", states:(this is one line)"The UE will not be used to replace or eliminate employees in the existing LTL operation. Some of us might get stuck doing the UE job to keep some type of employment. So if some people don't like the UE job, I understand. We already moved freight faster before YRC. They changed the freight lanes then say they need the UE to survive? That is like saying I am giving you a 50% discount after I raised the price 300%. Our biggest problem is apathy, "there's nothing we can do so lets just fall in line like the sheep we are." Another reason our freight was moved so fast is because a Road Driver is paid for production (by the mile), UE's are hourly. Why should a UE speed or "make his log book work" after he sat at a terminal for 4 or 5 hours? The bottom line is that these promises were made by the IBT and most Locals. These guys must be voted out of office and the only way that might happen is if we keep the facts straight about how this bad contract transpired.

Ok Danny may have said it but I didn't see anything in the mailers or anywhere else about "new business" and if he had said it to me I would have figured it for wishfull thinking. I agree with you. We wont move freight any faster than before we were bought. We sure as he## arent moving it fast now and I still don't think a guy should take that long to unload a trailer no matter what he is paid. He agreed to do a job and and he should do that job to the best of his ability.

Ok Danny may have said it but I didn't see anything in the mailers or anywhere else about "new business" and if he had said it to me I would have figured it for wishfull thinking. I agree with you. We wont move freight any faster than before we were bought. We sure as he## arent moving it fast now and I still don't think a guy should take that long to unload a trailer no matter what he is paid. He agreed to do a job and and he should do that job to the best of his ability.

What if I am forced to take a UE job to stay employed? I applied for and was hired to be a Road Driver. The Company and the IBT conspired to achieve their goal of this contract. The way I see it they are getting what they deserve. That is the premise of "A fair days pay for a fair days work." Now the UE's are doing the same Road work for less pay and benefits. Do you think that the company will stop the use of the UE if the economy gets better?

What if I am forced to take a UE job to stay employed? I applied for and was hired to be a Road Driver. The Company and the IBT conspired to achieve their goal of this contract. The way I see it they are getting what they deserve. That is the premise of "A fair days pay for a fair days work." Now the UE's are doing the same Road work for less pay and benefits. Do you think that the company will stop the use of the UE if the economy gets better?

So if you get a ue job then you are going to do a bad job, on purpose, because they deserve it?:mad:
They (the company) needed/wanted linehual drivers to work an open dock. Our leadership got us this mess. A bad deal I think everyone will agree. But I still think you need to do a good job or go somewhere else.

On a better note. I was talking to a line haul driver from down south the other night and he said that when they got the UE drivers going they called everyone back off of layoff (can anyone back that up?). Maybe they will do that here in the north.