Reddaway | one comapany one organization

thewatcher

TB Lurker
Credits
May be a dumb question, but why can't there be a comapany wide vote as to wether or not Reddaway is Union or Non ? It seems to me being one or the other would help insure ones survival rate whether they are pro or non, hauling the frieght where it needs to go without conflict of "your not union you can't haul our freight"...... Seems that if there was one vote for the entire company, Sac would not have the delima they have now. Can this even be done or is it only a terminal by terminal choice?

May be a dumb question, but why can't there be a comapany wide vote as to wether or not Reddaway is Union or Non ? It seems to me being one or the other would help insure ones survival rate whether they are pro or non, hauling the frieght where it needs to go without conflict of "your not union you can't haul our freight"...... Seems that if there was one vote for the entire company, Sac would not have the delima they have now. Can this even be done or is it only a terminal by terminal choice?

Every one of YRCW's LTL companys are Masterfreight. With the SAME work rules, pension,health care . ETC. ETC. Now enter Retl ! TWO different UNION contracts with two different Pay, Pension,health care. ETC. ETC. And a NONUNION segment that has a Complete different pay,pension,health care. ETC. So if you were calling the shots at YRC what would make the MOST sence ? 4 DIFFERENT plans OR take the three SMALLER plans and bring them into the BIG one ?:1036316054:

retl

I agree completely, time to face the inevitable, the best thing would be to become one company, one lean, efficient, organized company with one goal in mind. It's too bad that YRC will most likely disect USF down to nothing instead of integrating them into Yellow/Roadway. It truely sucks working and not knowing your future, not that any one really does but it doesn't have to be the way it is for USF.

Has anyone else heard about WalMart lobbying the goverment to make it law that employees votes for the union will no longer be a secret ballot. I heard this on the A.M. news station.
I guess they can fire you:nutkick: for some B.S. before the vote can be counted successfully if this becomes law... Here's a LINK

Unions file complaint against Wal-Mart in labour law dispute | Business | guardian.co.uk

To clear this up a bit Walmart reportedly was telling and threatening its employees to vote for McCain in closed door meetings. For obvious reasons WalMart does not want Obama to win because the EFCA would more than likely pass and card check would become law (as it is in Canada) and employees all over the country would sign cards to join unions. Not just at WalMart but in every industry that is out there.

These company CEO's know that breaking the law and being fined by violating Labor Laws to keep their companies non-union is a small price to pay to keep "their" money in their pockets. They pull out all the stops. Lying, threatening, harrassing and anything you can think of. They don't care. The Bush administration NLRB folks have made a mockery of the right to organize and the sooner the p*ick is out of office the better off the working class will be.