Estes | One Hour Lunches

galileoz

TB Lurker
Credits
i was wondering what all fellow estes p&d drivers think about the one hour lunches. personal i run a far route my first stop is a hour and a half away from the term and leaving the term at 10 a.m. i spend my second half hour driving for free.

out of indy you can get a sheet, have your supervisor sign it and you will not get charged with the second half hour

go over 12 hours and it automatically takes it out so in effect if you work 12 hours you have to be there 13. dont forget your 15 min break every 2 hours lol

down here.. if have to take a hour break but, you can take a half a hour and then another later.. but, what there telling us if you work over 12 they will take another half a hour out. thats 1 and a half hour of breaks you have to fit in after 12 hours:chairshot:

Get someone to copy and post the sign off sheet for you and hand that to your terminal manager to sign. If you don't have them at your terminal you should get a nice reaction when you do :)
I'm not P&D, but sounds like they are either screwing with you or like most management in the company, don't have a clue.
Otherwise simple answer, bring the freight back and leave it on the dock. If the lunch breaks are at your discression, then I would take the full time all at once just before everything closes, then what's left comes home :hide:

what is the sign off sheet? we get one form every day with times for lunches and to waive the third half a hour lunch... and a a blank city loading form but that one is for the freight you bring back.... nice huh

if i have heard correctly its suppose to be half hour automatically after 6 hours

then after so many hours(up to 12 hours) another half hour gets added unless you get the paper signed off on.

at the 12th hour its mandatory you take 2nd half hour unpaid

We have to take our first lunch(half hour) by our sixth hour. We were told that it has to be on the hand held so there is a record of it. But when they keep throwing pick-ups at you its kind of hard to do.A few of our guys don't hand in their hand helds right away and take lunch back at the terminal. Some others like myself stop and take our half hour on the way back in. After ten and half we can wave our second break up until twelve hours, if we work 1 minute past twelve hours a second half hour is automatically deducted and the tm cannot change it, so you have to sit around on the clock for anothe half hour or donate it to the company.
As for the hour lunch in florida, we were *****ing about the setup one day to jim m, loss prevention, and were told be glad you're not in the south, their district manager require them to take an hour for lunch. I think its just another way to screw the driver, if you forget to fill out the paper waving your second break,they get you for a half hour.

We have to take our first lunch(half hour) by our sixth hour. We were told that it has to be on the hand held so there is a record of it. But when they keep throwing pick-ups at you its kind of hard to do.A few of our guys don't hand in their hand helds right away and take lunch back at the terminal. Some others like myself stop and take our half hour on the way back in. After ten and half we can wave our second break up until twelve hours, if we work 1 minute past twelve hours a second half hour is automatically deducted and the tm cannot change it, so you have to sit around on the clock for anothe half hour or donate it to the company.
As for the hour lunch in florida, we were *****ing about the setup one day to jim m, loss prevention, and were told be glad you're not in the south, their district manager require them to take an hour for lunch. I think its just another way to screw the driver, if you forget to fill out the paper waving your second break,they get you for a half hour.

so im in florida and yes if we work under ten hours we have to take a hour and then after one minute after 12 they will take another half from you.. its just hard to make the customer happy if you cant get there freight to them .. i think thats why we are so slow at this time of the year. the dock workers is cut back to 33 hours and pd driver is only 35 to 40 only ..:funky: