SAIA | open enrollment for benefits

ca.indian scout

TB Lurker
Credits
every full time employee must call 18007488622 on tue or wed to continue their benefits. failure to call will cancel benefits for next year.you are to call even if you do not want benefits as this will eliminate your name from the list of those who have not called.:duh: ..this was posted monday at are terminal,if ya no someone on vacation drop them a line...:Bondage: :beerchug: :bsanta:

ca.indian scout said:
every full time employee must call 18007488622 on tue or wed to continue their benefits. failure to call will cancel benefits for next year.you are to call even if you do not want benefits as this will eliminate your name from the list of those who have not called.:duh: ..this was posted monday at are terminal,if ya no someone on vacation drop them a line...:Bondage: :beerchug: :bsanta:

This is just another fine example of how Saia will waste money to make themselves look good. Why pay people to man the phones for something that is already on the books. If someone wants to start or update a benefit package then they should call in.

Actually, my wife found this process to be quite convenient and painless last year. Everyone should be receiving their packages in the mail. It has the dates for the different states to call in.

Cutting drivers???

Wonder why corporate thinks it can make money by cutting drivers when in fact we are the money makers for the company. Why don't the "fat cats" at the top simply reduce their pay to make money. If the drivers don't drive, the company makes no money. After all, how much money can be made with freight sitting on the dock? Show me a trucking company that makes money without drivers behind the wheel. Can any of the "exec's" drive a route, city or linehaul, day after day after day. NOPE! Keep the drivers driving and MAKE money. Stop trying to SAVE money to make money.

Made the call

Made the call. It was relatively painless except the part where I was sent to another "counseler" to "discusss" the purchase of life insurance. I believe life insurance is necessary, and the company is generously making it available, it would seem that a simple yes or no would have sufficed during this reenrollment.