TForce | Open Invitation to UPSF from APWA

The funny thing is this guy has a union, gets union wages, insurance and pension, has seniority, bid rights, a grievance procedure, guaranteed work day and week, paid sick days, earned vacation and makes over $70,000 per year. And is a scab!!! He wants you to join his union but he can't belong to the union that has won him his benifits!! Shame on him.................DS.

Docksteward said:
The funny thing is this guy has a union, gets union wages, insurance and pension, has seniority, bid rights, a grievance procedure, guaranteed work day and week, paid sick days, earned vacation and makes over $70,000 per year. He wants you to join his union but he can't belong to the union that has won him his benifits!! Shame on him.................DS.
Insurance and pension,,,,After contributing to a pension for over 30 years, the contributions and physical labor of Skillman, Eason, and the thousands of other UPS workers is only valued at $1800 a month. Wheres the money, DS?? For every dollar that is contributed on behalf of SKillman and Eason and the thousands of other UPS workers, 60 cents goes to someone who doesnt work at UPS!!!. Wheres the money DS?? And then when you try to retire on the $1800 per month, your health insurance is so expensive that you have absolutely no hope of enjoying a real retirment. Wheres the money, DS?? Eason and Skillman were honest, hard working, and loyal Teamsters since the beginning of their careers at UPS. Both of them stood tall with their co-workers in '97 on the picket line. You'll have to look somewhere else to find strike busting *****. These two guys are pro-union.....but only for a strong UPS only union whose only purpose is to protect UPS employees.

$1800 a month.....thats what IBT has done for UPS employees. Whats the point in arguing the other points of union representation you mentioned if you have to sell your body to the Teamsters until youre 65 or older to get your :shit:ty retirement. Is that all that the Teamsters value my years of hard work and sweat, DS?
nospin

NoSpin,
The IBT keeps telling us that we will get over $3,000.00 per month after 30 years and will give us credit for our years at UPS (OVNT). This is for Central States. I see you are from the east are you in Central States or some other plan?

nospinzone said:
Insurance and pension,,,,After contributing to a pension for over 30 years, the contributions and physical labor of Skillman, Eason, and the thousands of other UPS workers is only valued at $1800 a month. Wheres the money, DS?? For every dollar that is contributed on behalf of SKillman and Eason and the thousands of other UPS workers, 60 cents goes to someone who doesnt work at UPS!!!. Wheres the money DS?? And then when you try to retire on the $1800 per month, your health insurance is so expensive that you have absolutely no hope of enjoying a real retirment. Wheres the money, DS?? Eason and Skillman were honest, hard working, and loyal Teamsters since the beginning of their careers at UPS. Both of them stood tall with their co-workers in '97 on the picket line. You'll have to look somewhere else to find strike busting *****. These two guys are pro-union.....but only for a strong UPS only union whose only purpose is to protect UPS employees.

$1800 a month.....thats what IBT has done for UPS employees. Whats the point in arguing the other points of union representation you mentioned if you have to sell your body to the Teamsters until youre 65 or older to get your :shit:ty retirement. Is that all that the Teamsters value my years of hard work and sweat, DS?
nospin

nospinzone, please tell me exactly what UPS Teamsters get that amount. It certainly isin't any of the retired Teamsters I know. Of the 4 I know, the one with the smallest pension is getting $3450 a month

nice language spin. we have been debateing issues here for over a year, pro and con, and we have a lot of respect for eachother and these boards not to post profanity. you have presented your odd-ball, "spin"off club and we are still not interested. where is the overnite pension fund now? in UPS bank accounts, paying pensions to non-union UPSers who never worked for overnite. GET LOST YOU BUM.

wassesname said:
nice language spin. we have been debateing issues here for over a year, pro and con, and we have a lot of respect for eachother and these boards not to post profanity. you have presented your odd-ball, "spin"off club and we are still not interested. where is the overnite pension fund now? in UPS bank accounts, paying pensions to non-union UPSers who never worked for overnite. GET LOST YOU BUM.
When are these old school overnite guys going to figure out that OVERNITE was the biggest joke of a trucking co. and we were saved by ups.OVERNITE thanks god is gone and so is the way and the culture of the overnite way. I am with you wassesname. stand tall we will get the rights and beneifits all overnite workers have deserved for many years.

nospin.. keep listening to o'rielly.by the way you parcel workers of america should get a spellchecker, or at least get somebody to proof read your website.also. i want to know about that 1800.00 pension.. sounds like what a part-timer might get. in New England, the pension tops out around 4400, THAT'S what the teamsters do for the ups employees.

And what does a parcel worker's union think they are going to do for freight workers?

Apples and oranges, and I don't exactly see UPS parcel workers fleeing the IBT in a huge rush...:biglaugh:

I don't understand why anyone would want to take a chance with an organization that asks you for money before they even represent you. By the way, If what I have read from their website is true, they don't presently represent anyone. Why take a chance with some fly by night organization, that represents no one, when you can be represented by an organization that represents 1.4million hard working Americans.
This is really a no-brainer. :duh: :duh:

Sorry to disagree with some of you..... but UPS improved our pension plan and their employees are sharing their $$ with us. Our pension fund was only 90 something % funded and UPS was over 100% funded. Our fund is now 103% funded. Sounds to me that the UPS employees gave us their hard earned money.

How do you think the clerical and management people feel about that? Its not the union guy giving up his cash.
And what makes you think they'll keep putting money into your pension after a while? Their under no obligation to do so!

Id encourage people interested in a wide selection of perspectives on organizing with Teamsters or APWA to visit [website address removed] You'll get some good arguements for both sides of this topic there from people who have worked a long time at Brown. Check it out.

[website address removed]

Krash......Did your federally indicted, embezzling Teamster officers foot the bill for this webboard or Tnet? Why dont you go over to ******************* and throw that question at the regular posters and see what kind of response you get.:cool:

DY... you like the idea of not having to do anything, just like the two guys who are trying to start their own little club. havnt done anything, dont DO anything. have you contributed? is it tax deductable? did you get a real reciept or a bar napkin with some scribbling on it?

Teamsters good or bad they are a proven organization.

I never even heard of this APWA before I became a member of these truckingboards?

At least the Teamsters have a record of doing something.
What has this unkown union done to date?

For them to offer to organize UPS Freight to me its like these cop outfits that sucker my wife to contribute to them over the phone,and when the bill comes in the mail the bottom reads that their not tax deductable.

I know cops,and they say they don't call people for donations.

So I say will the real union please stand up,and show us what can be done,not what may be done,if you join up first.