TForce | Open Invitation to UPSF from APWA

Johnnybegood said:
No need it's obvious which way you lean.....
Yes. I lean towards what is in my best Interests. I would like to see what we all deserve. But this is unknown untill we see the agreed apon contract coming out of Indy. The issues that has gone on forever at "O" have still not been addresed. This is why I have an opened mind and I will fall on which ever side of the fence that benefits me. We now have that option to decide weather we want this contract or not. So why not have an open mind and If it benefits you, sign a card and if it doe's not benefit you don't sign a card. Pretty simple.

BusterNite said:
Yes. I lean towards what is in my best Interests. I would like to see what we all deserve. But this is unknown untill we see the agreed apon contract coming out of Indy. The issues that has gone on forever at "O" have still not been addresed. This is why I have an opened mind and I will fall on which ever side of the fence that benefits me. We now have that option to decide weather we want this contract or not. So why not have an open mind and If it benefits you, sign a card and if it doe's not benefit you don't sign a card. Pretty simple.

Now that is your best post yet. :USA:

Johnnybegood said:
No need it's obvious which way you lean.....

JBG, To tell you the truth I'm kind of wavering myself. I'm really disappointed they didn't fix the things you and I know they should have. To me that speaks volumes. Now Gordon is the top man. The one that sent out the videos about how bad the teamsters was. But I noticed he didn't say anything about the things we give up
and like we are going to fix that.

Tell me what company I talking about a company in the same class and size as UPSF makes you give up two days sick leave before you get paid one.

With out saying it all the other things like delay and so on.

I know this is brought up time and time again and I'm sick of it to. But if a company like UPS will keep this same unfair practices then maybe we do need a union.

I hate to sound disloyal after 24 years but maybe we ought to start thinking about the future and new men coming on that deserve the things we are deprived of.

Just a thought...

Skeeter said:
JBG, To tell you the truth I'm kind of wavering myself. I'm really disappointed they didn't fix the things you and I know they should have. To me that speaks volumes. Now Gordon is the top man. The one that sent out the videos about how bad the teamsters was. But I noticed he didn't say anything about the things we give up

Tell me what company I talking about a company in the same class and size as UPSF makes you give up two days sick leave before you get paid one.

I know this is brought up time and time again and I'm sick of it to. But if a company like UPS will keep this same unfair practices then maybe we do need a union.

I hate to sound disloyal after 24 years but maybe we ought to start thinking about the future and new men coming on that deserve the things we are deprived of.

Just a thought...
Skeeter, as I have said in the past, I am a long time employee also. I still and won't have a decision untill I see the contract. Because my main focus is on the pension. Yes I am leaning towards the union because all of the issues we know about will be fixed with a contract, But again with a little amount of time left for retirement my main focus is on the pension. Only the facts will come out when this contract is agreed apon. I have put all good and bad aside from the last campaign and will do whats best for my interests.

Skeeter said:

Just a thought...
Skeeter that was a good post. Hay if they will not fix the issues which they know about. Maybe we should look at another way in getting them fixed. Get informed and make a wise decision.

Some guys really need to do a reality check. Skeeter is right....if UPS had any intentions of fixing the problems that all of you complain about in order to evade the Teamsters it would've been done already. It has not and will not be done automatically.....it will be done through the power of negotiations with the UPSF workforce with the help of the Teamsters. The ball is in your court and you're about to make a perfect 3 pointer.

Skeeter I would also say That is a good post. I am one of those people who thought "O" Did not need a union, and I will say it today. But this is a whole different ballgame now, we went from a 2 billion dollar company to a 43 billion dollar company, and I am not saying this to be a wise arse, but how long must we wait to see some of what Leo's vision is with UPS.

I think if these issues were at the heart of "O"'s plan, it would have been with UPSF.

According to my old boss, she say's the reason for no personal day's in the company is people will f*** the company with them, and the sick day's also, If I am sick then I am sick, If I am not sick but take a day off for whatever, it is mine to do what I wish, it is my benefit, is"nt it. The reason mgnt. complains of this is because they are 1 person short for their production and it makes thier day harder, They do not care if my day is harder or not.

Tired of hearing the same old crap and you know as well as I the reason for people calling out the union is people are tired of the mayhem and the screwing.

Redundancy, the inevitable echo. It's ridiculous for someone to submit policies and in turn not follow them. And the only smooth way of burrying the policy book was to put all judgement in the lap of the terminal mgr.

Johnnybegood said:
Lets wait to see what the offer is and then decide..Its the only logical way.
JBG, In this post you sound some what logical. Its not a just say no moment! I don't have a problem with any one saying no to teamster representation, But at least wait for that master contract out of Indy before you decide. It just might be something you can't refuse. But atleast you will have the facts to decide if it is better for you or not.

Johnnybegood said:
Thanks I'll watch like the rest but I'm skeptical.
Atleast, seeing this master contract will put all the guess work aside. I understand this to be seperate from but similar to the NMFA. A contract for Upsf only. It will be Interesting to read the agreed apon master for Upsf. My opinion is that its going to be seperate from NMFA so that they can run the company some what to the way they have been running it. Night liner Ect. Again all the guess work will be put aside when this agreed apon contract goes public.

BusterNite said:
Atleast, seeing this master contract will put all the guess work aside. I understand this to be seperate from but similar to the NMFA. A contract for Upsf only. It will be Interesting to read the agreed apon master for Upsf. My opinion is that its going to be seperate from NMFA so that they can run the company some what to the way they have been running it. Night liner Ect. Again all the guess work will be put aside when this agreed apon contract goes public.
Busternite that has been a question in my mind. What happens to the nightliner? If the whole company were to go union. Will they have it in the contract? Or will they be forced to do away with it?

Boats said:
Busternite that has been a question in my mind. What happens to the nightliner? If the whole company were to go union. Will they have it in the contract? Or will they be forced to do away with it?

Boats, what's the nightliner?

Boats said:
We have Article 18 in the NMFA and it covers what we call Premium Service Employees.....the same thing as your Nightliner.....where our PSE's are allowed to work the dock. This won't be a problem.

[]JBG, To tell you the truth I'm kind of wavering myself. I'm really disappointed they didn't fix the things you and I know they should have. To me that speaks volumes. Now Gordon is the top man. The one that sent out the videos about how bad the teamsters was. But I noticed he didn't say anything about the things we give up

I hate to sound disloyal after 24 years but maybe we ought to start thinking about the future and new men coming on that deserve the things we are deprived of

Just a thought

That's not being disloyal, you've made the company money for 24 years. That's being loyal in my book.

steve5 said:
[]JBG, To tell you the truth I'm kind of wavering myself. I'm really disappointed they didn't fix the things you and I know they should have. To me that speaks volumes. Now Gordon is the top man. The one that sent out the videos about how bad the teamsters was. But I noticed he didn't say anything about the things we give up

Just a thought

That's not being disloyal, you've made the company money for 24 years. That's being loyal in my book.
I think that quote was from skeeter's post. But I understand where you are coming from.