ABF | Oregon Road Drivers laid off!

490 was Ontario oregon, on the idaho border @ I-84. They moved to pendleton about 3-4 yrs ago. So you hired on in pendleton? Have you applied at walmart? those are good paying driving jobs in hermiston. UPS in Hermiston is a fabulous job, but nearly impossible to get on probably. Walmart is a lot easier to get on with.

If your gas bill was that high, you must have had a big commute, I live in boise and commuted 55 miles each way to ontario for 35 yrs, so I know what you mean about gas. But I only did it 3 times a week.

If your gas bill was that high, you must have had a big commute, I live in boise and commuted 55 miles each way to ontario for 35 yrs, so I know what you mean about gas. But I only did it 3 times a week.
Some of my fellow drivers and management don't get it that people living 50 plus miles from a terminal don't want to do turns. I keep hearing that one day we will be all turn bids and thus will be losing many safe, mature drivers.

Some of my fellow drivers and management don't get it that people living 50 plus miles from a terminal don't want to do turns. I keep hearing that one day we will be all turn bids and thus will be losing many safe, mature drivers.
That's the way most LTL are going. The only time a driver lays down at my company is if their meet guy reports and coverage can't be found or they're a system driver who only comes home every week.

Oh man I apologize for these posts. They were supposed to go out in a PM. I hate computers. Jeff, could you delete these between myself and trajon please?

Last edited:
Talk about (tuff) we had a driver who lived in Greenville S C, drove to Charl, (90) miles, and ran 6 Atlanta turns each week (520) miles.

Even at Estes some of the turns are 11 or more hours a night for some 450 mile runs due to waiting on other driver or getting hung up at another terminal. You actually get more rest on a lay down. Get to the terminal then go to motel to sleep. Totally agree with you.