Central Transport | Organize!!!

The fact is unions are needed now more than they have been needed in quite a long time. Without the counter balance of American workers joining together in unions, the middle class withers away because the economy and politics tend to be dominated by the rich and powerful. This leads to an even greater flow of money in our economy going to the very top of the income scale. Union members (for the most part) know that American workers standing together can reduce this inequality. It requires people to wake up and stand up for their legal,democratic, and fundamental rights to organize and bargain collectively. You want a better economy which would of course mean more freight? We have to restore the middle class.......

Your post is a bunch of "rubbish". Unions suck , they suck dues out of their employees and give the money to their fatcat union thug leaders, they suck blood out of their hosts and they raise prices on anything their hands touch for the buying public. I don't care if you are in the NEA,MEA,Teamsters,AFL-CIO, all of you stink and need to go the way of the sabre tooth cat. Public unions suck even worse as I can decide whether or not to ship with YRC , UPS or ABF.

Learn what your rights are. Learn what the company REALLY can or can't do. You can read the entire labor act on the NLRB website if you want to. Call a Board Agent and ask questions. EDUCATE YOURSELVES. Most of what people think and say on here is ridiculous. Or you can just keep talking yourselves out of it, never do your homework, and keep believing whatever the naysayers and management tell you.

EDUCATE yourself my friend. Unions do not provide jobs, the customer provides the job, regardless of the industry. The following is what the UNION has done for the LTL Industry: ( Preston, Churchill, Carolina Freight, Be-Mac, Consolidated Freightways, Jones Trucklines, Atlanta Motorlines, Alvan, Ryder PIE, Transcon, ANR, Humbolt, just to name a few) The last time I checked the NLRB is not putting freight on LTL carriers.

This is what we all must remember, regardless of what the signature on our paycheck reads, it actually comes from the paying customer, not the NLRB, the UNION, or any other agency.

In the old days unions were needed. To protect workers from abuse. Today the government does that. The unions serve no purpose in todays work force. But always remember this, the LTL companies of today pay you good money because of the union. And if you don't know why that is go crawl back under your rock.

I disagree train. Vitran has with held raises for 5 years now. Why u ask? Cuz they can, cuz it is a non union outfit. The motto there is if u dont like it well then there is the door. Unions r needed more then ever, we tried to organize vitran back in 2010, we had 60% of the workforce behind us, but also we had 4 rats going to the meetings, and management started screwing with the persons that went to those meeting, and the four guys were from milan, and at tje time they said" out T.M, is a fair guy, he is a people person and he will fight for us and he will make sure that we get our raises. They worked for the guy for 15 plus yrs, but now 3 of the four guys r blowing my phone up asking if there is a spot over at my new job. Why u ask? Cuz they arent getting a fair shake, now if the vitran employees got the union in they would just shut the whole operation down. We can go back and foward on this topic, the pros vs the cons, but i will tell you this, at vitran i was paying 98 bucks a week for a weak azz family coverage. Now i pay in the low thirtys a week and i have way better coverage. The union dues wont break your wallet, and if management pl the buddy system like they are known for at the V, well over here thats where the union dues are worth every penny u pay, you just file an agrevience, and you get paid for what money you are owed. Like i say and will keep on saying, i made the best choice for me and my family.

I don't care if you are in the NEA,MEA,Teamsters,AFL-CIO, all of you stink and need to go the way of the sabre tooth cat.

Wow dude, and all this time I thought I was a good guy, plus I shower everyday. Heck, I even thought I should be able to support my family in the manner I choose....silly me.

If vitran was making profits and holding the money then yes it would be a good argument but that is not the case here it would only dig them deeper.sorry but this seams to be a dead horse topic please stop beating it.

I disagree train. Vitran has with held raises for 5 years now. Why u ask? Cuz they can, cuz it is a non union outfit. The motto there is if u dont like it well then there is the door. Unions r needed more then ever, we tried to organize vitran back in 2010, we had 60% of the workforce behind us, but also we had 4 rats going to the meetings, and management started screwing with the persons that went to those meeting, and the four guys were from milan, and at tje time they said" out T.M, is a fair guy, he is a people person and he will fight for us and he will make sure that we get our raises. They worked for the guy for 15 plus yrs, but now 3 of the four guys r blowing my phone up asking if there is a spot over at my new job. Why u ask? Cuz they arent getting a fair shake, now if the vitran employees got the union in they would just shut the whole operation down. We can go back and foward on this topic, the pros vs the cons, but i will tell you this, at vitran i was paying 98 bucks a week for a weak azz family coverage. Now i pay in the low thirtys a week and i have way better coverage. The union dues wont break your wallet, and if management pl the buddy system like they are known for at the V, well over here thats where the union dues are worth every penny u pay, you just file an agrevience, and you get paid for what money you are owed. Like i say and will keep on saying, i made the best choice for me and my family.
Unions are not this evil entity that people on here are trying to make them out. They do serve a purpose. But there is no reason to keep fighting the trolls on this issue. They will never understand. They have a closed mind. But that was not the point I was trying to make. Non-union carriers had to stay competitive with the pay scales of union companies. Look if it wasn't for the Teamster's you would be making what the market bears for an average CDL........Around 14 -15hr.......Some a little more ...some a little less...That was my point.

The Teamsters are directly responsible for the wages the non-union carriers drivers make. Pure and simple. Give them at least that.

if vitran ever went union can i do all my paperwork in my truck while i hold up the dock for the next non union truck in line? then after i'm done can i pull out of the dock and go park on the side of the road and read my newspaper?

Ahhhhh borrrrring its done there are more no's then yes's let it go. Open your eyes THE WOULD SHUT DOWN VITRAN US IF WE WENT UNION!!!!! IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH ?

if vitran ever went union can i do all my paperwork in my truck while i hold up the dock for the next non union truck in line? then after i'm done can i pull out of the dock and go park on the side of the road and read my newspaper?
If you are insinuating that is what union carrier's do I must dis-agree....Most offender's in Texas are Saia, Averitt, AAA Cooper. Many driver's do that and it really is inconsiderate. Don't really care what they do after they pull out, but that is a pet-peeve to me. Actually many Vitran driver's do that because usally their lack of experience and not being a seasoned LTL man serve's to make them un-aware of their surrounding's and the fact that someone may be waiting on that door. Most union driver's are older and very much aware of driver protocol or etiquette. However you always have an azzhole in every company. Sad to say.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhhhh borrrrring its done there are more no's then yes's let it go. Open your eyes THE WOULD SHUT DOWN VITRAN US IF WE WENT UNION!!!!! IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH ?
All the senior driver's know that....H>E was just being funny.....We have beat this horse on many threads already...It's not a fit at Vitran. I turned this thread to a different point....And that is that the Teamster are the reason the LTL market place pays so well. If you are a seasoned professional LTL truckdriver you know that already.

Vijax has no money to negotiate with. What would organize do, except maybe get you a couple of extra bucks in the bankruptcy?

I'm ready if they go out. Although I think the old dog will make it through 2013....I think I'm the only one that thinks that...But then I was never one to wish the downfall on my brothers, like so many do out of bitterness and hatred.

I'm ready if they go out. Although I think the old dog will make it through 2013....I think I'm the only one that thinks that...But then I was never one to wish the downfall on my brothers, like so many do out of bitterness and hatred.

Up plenty early Train, momma must have cut you off after after two crowns?