Central Transport | Organize!!!

Damn sure did, snatched the bottle out of my hands after 2.......She's a good woman, have never understood why she put's up with my sorry azz...No accounting for taste I suppose.
she just wanted to make sure you did'nt derail before she received her goods. lol.

i have worked for 3 unions trucking and steel mills and they both cost me my job for tring to be bullies.i dont need anyone to stand up for me ican do that by myself.after to tour n d gulf i sure n d hell can fight for my own right without paying someone else to steal my money the govt those that already.ps it want be long before taxpayers b on the hook for these union retirement check.vitran goes union im not giving a two week notice.never understood that noone is giving me a two week notice.

What I really dont understand is this. For all of those people that want the union here: YRC and UPS are in the towns that you work out of if you want to be union so bad why arent you working for one of those companies? Have you applied and have been turned down or do you just not want to pay your dues by working as a casual or on the dock for a untold amount of years? I tried the Yellow gig years ago....If i wasn't a adult living on my own with bills it might have worked out but, since i had bills that had to be paid I couldn't swing the part time never knowing if i would have a paycheck. Is it true that union companies have driven up the average standard pay: YES.
Every time something dosen't go their way they start screaming "UNION". You want a pay raise and think the Union will provide it and fix all these problems? MOST of the petty problems we have WE have brought on ourselves. IF your truck or trailer isn't operating properly or is out of service DON'T driver the stupid thing! BUT BALLS OUT they will send me home and I can't afford that! So you drive it anyway but, complain on here like it will do any good? YES. Then you are a problem. Balls out I want to make more money! UMMM yeah we all do....duh! We all have little crap bags at our terminals that make it hard on all of us. Management is to busy writing reports and attending conference calls to manage the terminals and hold their people to any sort of standard. Maintaince won't come up off cash to fix things...why....I believe that the big wigs are that far out of touch with reality or to busy making changes to deal that right now. Since I am getting off topic with what i set out to make.
I think it's more like this.....Balls this is what i want.......I want to be Union because......I want to make more money.....I want nicer trucks, trailers and facilities....I want standards....but.....I don't want to change anything that I do....if somebody in management wants to work me to hard i want to to cry and run to a Shop Stuard and file a grievance.....I want to be able to be a little D bag because these Union guys said thats what I can do....I only want to change certain things at the company because lets be honest this is one of the easiest companies i have ever worked for....I just want to make more money.
Why don't you talk to a old Union driver somebody you already personally know and get all the in's and out's because there is ALOT more to being UNION then just signing a card.

if and when you have a problem you seek help for the very first thing they will ask you is do you belong to a union or do you have a contract . this will be your lawyer and or your local or fed labor dept. ofcourse you will say no and that will be that in most states like ohio are at will states .if you have a contract you at least hae a basics to defend yourself you can do something on your own because you have a legal binding doc in hand even if thats all you get for your money its worth twice the hourly rate once a mounth. you carriey ins on everything you own why not your job!!!!!

p.s. unions cant fix your broken co. they prob. cannot even get you a raise they may or may not help you with your health care cost but they can get you a set of work rules . rules you must abide by with real displine like the letter says up to and even termination. but they have rules to rules you yourself can make them follow they cant take your run or truck because your fellow drivers nose feals better up there you ever notice the suckies dont like the union the most they usually do better under the desk than over it

Talk about the union at PJAX has been swirling around for years. Unfortunatly the company would rather close up ahop and service area with another terminal than deal with the strong arm of the union. In my time there to many people looked out for their own interest rather than the interest of the rest of the employee. If all ohio and Michigan terminals would stick together, maybe they woudl have had to succomb to the union. To bad most drivers cant see past the end of their nose and come together and unite. It will never happen, Vitran hires the bottom of the barrell employees knowing that they are not smart or brave enough to stick together...Please do not jump all over me, I know there are some decent people that work there, but take a look at your brother-would you stick your neck out for them? NO! that is why the union will never work

nemf dosent belong to the teamsters they belong to areospace and mach. there are more choices these days nemf really like em any one interested should go to there forum ask around.

Inequality and wealth concentration are at levels America hasn't seen since before the Great Depression. Why? BECAUSE MOST PEOPLE WON'T STAND UP FOR THEMSELVES! They make excuses, won't educate themselves, won't fight back, Spit out the company line or say nothing at all, and most of all keep swallowing the sh-t sandwiches bosses and companies feed them.

I can't believe this thread is still going! If organizer thinks people can't standup for themselves I'm one that does and I say shove your union up your a$$. What do you think about that? Stop trying to push the union on this form if someone wants the union sign a card. But this was a dead topic two weeks ago and your name says it all organizer so why don't you go collect your dues at yrc and shut your mouth.

Hey com-on, when will 75% or your terminal get their first raise? Its about to be five years since vitran gave out the yearly raises. So keep eating the" sh-t sandwiches" since it looks like you enjoy them so much...........

I can't believe this thread is still going! If organizer thinks people can't standup for themselves I'm one that does and I say shove your union up your a$$. What do you think about that? Stop trying to push the union on this form if someone wants the union sign a card. But this was a dead topic two weeks ago and your name says it all organizer so why don't you go collect your dues at yrc and shut your mouth.

perfectly, and I mean perfectly said com-on. You are one smart sum-*****! These union clowns need to spend their time at the circus.

Southside stress don't worry maybe one day you can be just like UPS buster brown don't be angry at me. And most of those trailers UPS freight has are not much better than vitrans motor cargo and overnight. Hahaha if I didn't work at vitran this would be the last forum I'd be on but Hae if you don't have a life who am I to judge haahaa lmfao.

Im working a cake job right now. I got all the time in the world tonight. And as long as the trailer rolls from point A to point B, i dont think it matters what they look like, ohh and by the way. All of our equipment is bought. Not like all of your new trailers, that sre leased, go ahead do a " full" pretrip one day and look at the paperwork in the like capsole on the trailer. Its always better t own then to rent. Wouldnt u say?

If you own a geo metro or lease a geo metro it still? A geo metro dumbazz maybe you should pull your union contract out of your azz and read it while you crank one out if you love the union so much. no else here does if you think the union would be good here at vitran then I'm glad your gone your one less dumbazz left here.

Southside Stress if you are working a "cake job" you are not working. In 10 years the union boys will not be around. I really can not believe there is still all this chatter about the "union". Give us a break, go to the "Teamster Website" and post this garbage. As a non union driver, you can take your union, pay the dues, and exit. Our customers sign our paychecks, not the union. Glad your equipment is "bought", did your union pay for it??? I believe the "bought" equipment you refer to, was actually bought by the customer that your employer delivers to. The last time I checked, the "union" does NOT have a lot of customers, except for you and your "union fee" paying brothers. At the end of the day, we are only as successful as our employer, and that 3rd Party, has nothing to do with it. The customer, NOT the union, determines which LTL carrier they use. So if you and your brothers have a cake job, let me know how that works out for you 5 years from now.

If you own a geo metro or lease a geo metro it still? A geo metro dumbazz maybe you should pull your union contract out of your azz and read it while you crank one out if you love the union so much. no else here does if you think the union would be good here at vitran then I'm glad your gone your one less dumbazz left here.
Being hateful is really uncalled for....And this topic does not belong on Vitrans forum...Please take it to another. The Teamsters...Non-union debate forum please guys.