Central Transport | Organize!!!

Im not trying to "fight" with words on here. But "com-on brings it on himself. I aint got no beef with you train, and u know that, i wont post on this thread no more, and its really pointless to argue with a person that got burned by the union anyways

Southside stress I have no problem with you I just think its point less to talk about the union for vitran as I said earlier in the thread if vitran was making money and not paying industry wages than I would sign a Card with no problem but that's not the case here. When ups bought motor and overnight yes great worked good for you guys but not here I think it cut our own throats. This is just a pointless thread for this forum.

Southside stress I have no problem with you I just think its point less to talk about the union for vitran as I said earlier in the thread if vitran was making money and not paying industry wages than I would sign a Card with no problem but that's not the case here. When ups bought motor and overnight yes great worked good for you guys but not here I think it cut our own throats. This is just a pointless thread for this forum.

Very well said "come-on". If Vitran drivers united across the country and signed on, Vitran would close the entire USA in a matter of days. That is a fact.

Stress, if you work for another carrier than Vitran, you cant be on here pushing the union, sorry, them is the rules Bro, I trust you won't go there again, seems the members of Vitran don't wanna hear all that.

If I'm wrong say so and I will back the hell off.

Stress, if you work for another carrier than Vitran, you cant be on here pushing the union, sorry, them is the rules Bro, I trust you won't go there again, seems the members of Vitran don't wanna hear all that.

If I'm wrong say so and I will back the hell off.
$$ is now at UPSFrt....I'm sure $$ just wasn't aware of the rules...He's a good man and I'm sure he will listen to your advice....I don't think he was pushing the union however....I think he was more defending it....But anyway I'm sure he will take it to the other forum in the future. Thanks for your input GT

$$ is now at UPSFrt....I'm sure $$ just wasn't aware of the rules...He's a good man and I'm sure he will listen to your advice....I don't think he was pushing the union however....I think he was more defending it....But anyway I'm sure he will take it to the other forum in the future. Thanks for your input GT

Runawaytrain, your welcome, rules are rules, he can't be in your world pushing the union, I have gone back to look at other posts, its the same dang thing, he will stop and go to his own forum or he is out, thats what i'm saying.

Runawaytrain, your welcome, rules are rules, he can't be in your world pushing the union, I have gone back to look at other posts, its the same dang thing, he will stop and go to his own forum or he is out, thats what i'm saying.
Completely understand....I will send him a PM.

Ill take ur advice GT but if u look closer on my post, #26 on this thread i said the same thing as most on here. That vitran would shut the whole operation down. I stay off this page, even thou i put time in this company, i see my opinion is not wanted, peace out!!!!!!!!!!

Ill take ur advice GT but if u look closer on my post, #26 on this thread i said the same thing as most on here. That vitran would shut the whole operation down. I stay off this page, even thou i put time in this company, i see my opinion is not wanted, peace out!!!!!!!!!!

You don't have to stay out of the Vitran Forum, just don't argue for the union, I'm as pro union as anyone, but I can't go to the Fedex Freight page and argue for it, even though I put in 7 years over there, I'm on the FXF forum all the time.

I agree. I am not for them and never have been. I used to work for Transfreight until after 3 attempts to bring a union in, Transfreight closed their Romulus dock. They let all 28 drivers go, then outsourced their routes.

When I was coming up in the 70's and 80's working for CF and NW both. The union was at their best. Guys that have never worked for a union company could never understand. All they see is what they want to see. They want to sit in judgement of something they could never understand. Unions were created for the working man because of the greed and abuse of many companies...It's easy for you to say I'm a man and I can take care of my own business...But the fact is you are no match for these huge companies. They will chew you up and spit you out....Hoffa knew this and set out to level the playing field. All you want to see is the corruption and negative side of unions. You can never understand that they do serve a purpose. As I have said many times on here the union has no place here at Vitran...Never has...Never will....But unions do have a place in American history....They do have a place in the workforce today. I think what surprises me the most about all you haters...Is that something that was created for you...The American worker...the labor...the heart and soul of America. You look at it as some sort of great evil...When the fact is without the unions you would be at the mercy of the very thing you have grown to distrust....Big corporations... Your CEO make millions.. While you struggle to feed your family...Yeah....That seems fair doesn't it?

WOW !! I came on here to look and see what kind of company Vitran would be to work for was thinking of applying at local terminal?? I am a former YRC/Roadway Express guy 23 yrs. I AM A PRO UNION GUY!!! I lost my job because the company was so mismanaged and went so deeply in to debt! I now work for a non union company delivering grocery products. which is owned by one of the richest men in america if not the world. I WILL SAY THE UNION IS NOT PERFECT!!! IT IS RAN BY HUMANS WHICH MAKE MISTAKES!!! AND ON MANY OCASIONS I HAVE BEEN EXTREMELY PISSED OFF AT THE UNION!!!!!!!! where i work now you come in after 24 PLUS hours and you go home and two or three hours later while you are at home dead tired and trying to sleep and your phone starts ringing guess who? hey we need you to go out and do another run WTF. I HAVENT HAD 10 HOURS OFF!! it's ok you can log into the sleeper and go! the other guy will drive who also has most likely not had any or very little sleep! well i can't sleep wondering if this guy is going to fall asleep and hit something! maybe 3or 4 hours down the road we start delivering may have 16to 20 stops or more and depending on the area it may takes us 12 to 15 hours to deliver and then maybe 3 to 5 hours to get home! another 24 hours or so awake!! you are thinking well you are in the sleeper and the other guy is working? WRONG!!!!! YOU BOTH WORK TOGETHER THE ENTIRE RUN!!! AFTER HIS 14 HOURS IS UP YOU SWITCH ON THE PEOPLE NET SO YOU NOW HAVE 14 HOURS AND THE OTHER STAYS AWAKE AND HELPS YOU!!! YES YOU CAN CAT NAP HERE AND THERE? BUT IT DOES NOT HELP!!!! AND GUY'S ARE FALLING ASLEEP AND CRASHING!!!! SO FAR NOBODY HAS DIED!!! JUST BRUSIED AND SOME BROKEN BONES. AND OF COURSE THEY GET FIRED. OR HOW ABOUT THIS YOU COME TO WORK AND YOUR LOAD IS NOT READY. NOBODY CALLS YOUR HOUSE AND SAYS DO NOT COME IN. YOU SHOW UP AND LIVE TO FAR AWAY TO TURN AROUND AND GO HOME! SO YOU MAY SIT SOMETIMES 4 TO6 HOURS AND THEN GO OUT FOR 24 PLUS HOURS. AND HAVE TO FIGHT TO GET PAID FOR THE TIME YOU HAD TO SIT!!!!! OR YOUR TRUCK BREAKS DOWN AND YOU SIT WAITING FOR A VENDOR SOME TIMES FOR HOURS AGAIN HAVE TO FIGHT TO GET PAID. OR YOU GET DELAYED AND ONE OF YOUR STOPS IS CLOSED AND THE ORDER IS TO BIG TO WORK AROUND. SO YOU HAVE TO WAIT ALL NIGHT OR AT LEAST SEVERAL HOURS TO GET IN? NO BIG DEAL?? I AM NOT GETTING INTO A SLEEPER WITH ANOTHER GUY!!!!!!!!!!! IN A NUT SHELL WHAT I AM SAYING TO YOU UNION BASHERS YOU NEED TO LOOK BEYOND THE WAGES AND BENEFITS. i NEVER HAD TO PUT UP WITH ANY OF THIS BULL**** ON A UNION JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOME OF YOU ARE THINKING WELL THEN JUST QUIT?? THAT IS AN OPTION!!! BUT LIKE A LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE OUT THERE I TOOK IT IN THE ASS PRETTY GOOD DURING THE RECESSION . AND I HAVE 2 YOUNG DAUGHTERS I LOVE DEARLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DO IT FOR THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO I CAN'T QUIT UNTILL I GET SOMETHING ELSE LINED UP!!!!!!! OR UNTILL I FALL ASLEEP AND CRASH!

Easy now, I feel you but this is the Vitran board, I can''t figure out why you are here from the post you just made. Sure you are on the right board?

YES grocerythrower i know i am on the vitran board!!! if you read the first sentence or so you will see why i was here!

YES grocerythrower i know i am on the vitran board!!! if you read the first sentence or so you will see why i was here!

Maybe the Mods should move this thread to the Teamster forums? Since we have people like boosis here who can't follow the rules.

Ok, I gotcha! Easy with the union talk, this is a non-union board.

You are welcome here and anywhere else, just follow the rules my Brother!

Maybe the Mods should move this thread to the Teamster forums? Since we have people like boosis here who can't follow the rules.

Interesting response there stoney? I thought this thread was a discussion about organizing? Which means union?? I look through 2 plus weeks of threads and see some guy's bashing the union and some guy's pro union. I express my thoughts on my experience. I do not see how anything I said was ANY DIFFERENT! There is good and bad that goes along with union. I get the feeling from reading this thread that vitran would not even give me a chance based on my union back ground anyway. the only reason i came here anyway was to try and gather some info on what the company was like and after looking around it seems the company is in rough financial shape. do not know if i would want to take a chance anyway? spring time is almost here and things should open up in trucking.

Interesting response there stoney? I thought this thread was a discussion about organizing? Which means union?? I look through 2 plus weeks of threads and see some guy's bashing the union and some guy's pro union. I express my thoughts on my experience. I do not see how anything I said was ANY DIFFERENT! There is good and bad that goes along with union. I get the feeling from reading this thread that vitran would not even give me a chance based on my union back ground anyway. the only reason i came here anyway was to try and gather some info on what the company was like and after looking around it seems the company is in rough financial shape. do not know if i would want to take a chance anyway? spring time is almost here and things should open up in trucking.

As GT has tried to explain. Its Vitran drivers to discuss unions. Not for outsiders to come in and get on their soapbox.