TForce | Organizing Overnite/UPS Freight

Mike01

TB Lurker
Credits
upsfreightbanner.gif

Teamsters Launch Member Mobilization, Education Drive

UPS has renamed the recently purchased Overnite Transportation "UPS Freight," and the Teamsters Union is launching an effort to bring its nearly 15,000 employees into the Teamster family.

As part of the member mobilization and education drive, freight and UPS Teamsters are being asked to speak with UPS Freight workers about the benefits of working under a Teamster contract. Those benefits include a strong voice on the job and maintaining gold-standard wages and benefits by raising density at UPS—the largest Teamster employer with more than 200,000 union members.

"The nearly 15,000 employees at UPS Freight—the former Overnite—deserve the same strong voice and strong representation that the Teamsters provide to workers at UPS," said Jim Hoffa, Teamsters General President. "With our members' help, we will make that happen."

Read more

A Message from Teamsters General President Jim Hoffa to UPS Freight Workers

Dear UPS Freight Workers,

We're very excited to launch our campaign to provide you with the same strong voice that our 1.4 million members currently enjoy.

We are calling this member mobilization and education drive "One Company, One Union."

You may have already been approached by a Teamster from the Freight Division or a member who works at UPS. That's why you're visiting this web site. If not, that may occur in the coming weeks and months.

We are asking our members to talk to you about the benefits of being a Teamster—the best contracts, the most effective representation and giving you the strongest, most unified voice.

Read more

Mike01 said:
upsfreightbanner.gif

Teamsters Launch Member Mobilization, Education Drive

UPS has renamed the recently purchased Overnite Transportation "UPS Freight," and the Teamsters Union is launching an effort to bring its nearly 15,000 employees into the Teamster family.

As part of the member mobilization and education drive, freight and UPS Teamsters are being asked to speak with UPS Freight workers about the benefits of working under a Teamster contract. Those benefits include a strong voice on the job and maintaining gold-standard wages and benefits by raising density at UPS—the largest Teamster employer with more than 200,000 union members.

"The nearly 15,000 employees at UPS Freight—the former Overnite—deserve the same strong voice and strong representation that the Teamsters provide to workers at UPS," said Jim Hoffa, Teamsters General President. "With our members' help, we will make that happen."

Read more
I feel the reason they bought Overnight was that it was non union,
and I feel the non union will grow and the UPS union will shrink....only
35% of all UPS employees are full time, 65% are part time and earn less
than 14.00 per hour....

whataresayin said:
I feel the reason they bought Overnight was that it was non union,
and I feel the non union will grow and the UPS union will shrink....only
35% of all UPS employees are full time, 65% are part time and earn less
than 14.00 per hour....

I'll aske again,

Where did you get this info?

What is the source or reference or you infomation?

You posted that same post in 5 others threads, what's your point?

T251

Teamster251 said:
I'll aske again,

Where did you get this info?

What is the source or reference or you infomation?

You posted that same post in 5 others threads, what's your point?

T251

Life is good running in a sleeper? :duh:

You guys better start out with Conway, maybe ODFL, JB Hunt. We are satisfied will our jobs. Did you notice ABF stocks just dropped almost $2.00 a share because adding to the under funded pension plan as they put it.
The majority of UPS owned companies are nonunion. I will be happier will my nonunion funded pension thank you.:bgroovy:

I am researching this and will get back with more info when I can find it.
I have nothing but good dealings with them in my nearly 7 years.

I read the article and it says nothing about the Teamster's Muti-employer Pension fund, it does however mention the company's pension plan.
I believe they are referring to their own plan for non-union employees.
If they (ABF) were trying to spin something against the Teamsters Pension fund I think it would have been clearly stated it that way

Qoute from the article:
Excluding an accounting charge of $5.1 million related to distributions from the company's unfunded supplemental pension benefit plan,

Not trying to bad mouth teamsters or ABF just reporting something I think all would like to look at. Regardless what side of the fence you are on we all are in a crises when it comes to corporations and pensions for the working stiffs.

Skeeter said:
Life is good running in a sleeper? :duh:

You guys better start out with Conway, maybe ODFL, JB Hunt. We are satisfied will our jobs. Did you notice ABF stocks just dropped almost $2.00 a share because adding to the under funded pension plan as they put it.
The majority of UPS owned companies are nonunion. I will be happier will my nonunion funded pension thank you.:bgroovy:

Ya it is good!
Three day a week Tuesday 4AM until Thrusday 7PM

Make as much as working 54 hours a week, that's 40 hours plus 14 overtime hours, the pay is equal.

Brand new truck, non one else drives, 2006 Century class Freighliner, loaded.

4 day weekend every week.

One of my best freinds from RedStar is my co-driver and with another good friend from RedStar run the same route to the same building with us every week.

Only drive to work once, drive home once (45 mi each way).

4 days off to play cards at Foxwoods, watch Gretchen take off her clothes, drink fine wine, and bang on the keys on the Truckingboards.com

Ya Life is good

Gotto go though, it time for the hardest part of the weekend, watching Gretchen iron my Browns, in the nude.

HAHA T251

PS Skeeter getting us to go away and organize someone else is getting a bit old.

Teamster251 said:
Ya it is good!
Three day a week Tuesday 4AM until Thrusday 7PM

Make as much as working 54 hours a week, that's 40 hours plus 14 overtime hours, the pay is equal.

Brand new truck, non one else drives, 2006 Century class Freighliner, loaded.

4 day weekend every week.

One of my best freinds from RedStar is my co-driver and with another good friend from RedStar run the same route to the same building with us every week.

Only drive to work once, drive home once (45 mi each way).

4 days off to play cards at Foxwoods, watch Gretchen take off her clothes, drink fine wine, and bang on the keys on the Truckingboards.com

Ya Life is good

Gotto go though, it time for the hardest part of the weekend, watching Gretchen iron my Browns, in the nude.

HAHA T251

PS Skeeter getting us to go away and organize someone else is getting a bit old.

LOL! Yes I know its getting old. I promise not to say it again.:duh:

However, even 4 days off that is if everything goes perfect which a lot of times it don't.

I rather be home every morning and watch my wife iron my Gray and browns in the :woohoo1:

Skeeter said:
Not trying to bad mouth teamsters or ABF just reporting something I think all would like to look at. Regardless what side of the fence you are on we all are in a crises when it comes to corporations and pensions for the working stiffs.

I think you'd better re-read your first post, particuarly the last statement.

You implied that you have a nonunion funded pension plan. The article was referring to pension plans, your statement clearly say to me that you beleive they were talking about the Teamster plans.
Let's call a Spade a Spade if that's what your trying to do.
All I'm doing is untwisting what you are implying so others that read this garble will not be swayed into thinking things or being brain washed for waht there not.

Skeeter said:
LOL! Yes I know its getting old. I promise not to say it again.:duh:

However, even 4 days off that is if everything goes perfect which a lot of times it don't.

I rather be home every morning and watch my wife iron my Gray and browns in the :woohoo1:

Everything does go perfect at UPS, that's how they operate. Haven't you been listening?

Teamster251 said:
I think you'd better re-read your first post, particuarly the last statement.

You implied that you have a nonunion funded pension plan. The article was referring to pension plans, your satement clearly say to me that you beleive they were talikg about the Teamster plans.
Let's call a Spade a Spade if that's what your trying to do.
All I'm doing is untwisting what you are implying so others that read this garble will not be swayed into thinking things or being brain washed for waht there not.

No I'm talking about pension plans in general are all under attack. Weather it is union or nonunion.