TForce | Organizing Overnite/UPS Freight

I'm tired of this union crap. You guys have your view and we have ours. You see it your way and we see it our way. So you can call us all the names you want to there were more of us than you that was for the company.

I'm tired of the same old stuff I will not answer another posts concerning the union and Overnite. So take your best shots.

:
Animo916 said:
Galaxy, Buttonman,

I realize I am not a moderator, but flaming each other does nothing to promote knowledge and information. Let'sand stop
sorry animo,but he started it,got no problem:chat: or:Duel: ,which ever way he wants it,would rather:beerchug: ,but i'm not gonna:d6625240: to his tune.

Skeeter said:
I'm tired of this union crap. You guys have your view and we have ours. You see it your way and we see it our way. So you can call us all the names you want to there were more of us than you that was for the company.

I'm tired of the same old stuff I will not answer another posts concerning the union and Overnite. So take your best shots.
Skeeter,

You seem to be talking for the entire company, yet I see many of your coworkers posting information contrary only to your opinion. You haven't answered one of my questions yet. I guess ignoring the situation is the easy way out instead of trying to have an intelligent discussion. Just like not going to your company meeting last Sunday. :duh:

Skeeter said:
That's right and we will keep the same nonunion environment the MAJORITY voted for to. So if you want the same round of fights we had the last time around. We are ready bring it on.:chairshot:

First of all what you are saying is a bunch of crap Mr. I sit my arse in a seat for 12 hrs. day/night.

WE THE PEOPLE OF THE "O" NEVER HAD A TRUE VOTE. NOT RECENTLY AND NEVER IN THE PAST.

I do not consider a sheet posted to a window in the office asking you to sighn your name to union or nonunion in 2 seperated column's a vote.

This is inviting a idiot to his or her demise. Skeeter I respect your opinion in some cases but you cannot be any further from the truth here.

My question is, What do you have to loose by going union? Personally?.

My new avatar and jobclass will be unveiled on May 1'st.

Animo916 said:
Skeeter,

You seem to be talking for the entire company, yet I see many of your coworkers posting information contrary only to your opinion. You haven't answered one of my questions yet. I guess ignoring the situation is the easy way out instead of trying to have an intelligent discussion. Just like not going to your company meeting last Sunday. :duh:

And if you were any closer to the truth it would bite you!!!!!

Animo916 said:
Skeeter,

Let me try again when I say we I mean the ones that voted against the union. I AM not speaking for the whole company. You must be really bored.

LISTEN CLOSE I HAVE ALWAYS SAID I WOULD GO WITH THE MAJORITY. IF THIS TIME AROUND THE MAJORITY VOTES UNION I WON'T BE ON THIS BOARD CRYING ABOUT IT.

I WILL HOWEVER TRY TO BE THE BEST EMPLOYEE I CAN UNION OR NONUNION LIKE I ALWAYS HAVE IN THE PAST.

I HAVE NEVER BEEN AGAINST THE UNION JUST HOFFA AND THE WAY HE HANDLED THE LAST GO AROUND. I HOPE YOU COMPREHEND WHAT I AM SAYING THIS TIME.:duh:

Accelerator said:
First of all what you are saying is a bunch of crap Mr. I sit my arse in a seat for 12 hrs. day/night.

WE THE PEOPLE OF THE "O" NEVER HAD A TRUE VOTE. NOT RECENTLY AND NEVER IN THE PAST.

I do not consider a sheet posted to a window in the office asking you to sighn your name to union or nonunion in 2 seperated column's a vote.

This is inviting a idiot to his or her demise. Skeeter I respect your opinion in some cases but you cannot be any further from the truth here.

Accelerator,Accelerator,Accelerator,

I am glad to see you are a good and hard worker. There have been things done on both sides that both sides should be a shame of. Again I am not against teamsters and never had been. I don't hate all teamsters because of a few bad ones.

That's like saying I hate all blacks because I got in a fight with one. Its not the color its the person.

Saying that as far as I am concerned its not the union its Hoffa. I don't want to have anything to do with Hoffa. I think if he doesn't go he will drag the whole union down.

He proved that by the way he handled Overnite.

I couldn't agree with you anymore skeeter. Hoffa can't suck enough!! But the teamsters are a democracy and there leaders are elected too. I don't think he'll be re-elected next round. There is a guy called Lealand or Leeman from UPS thats running. Would like more info on him. But we could have an impact on that too if we go union and vote.

hugnlug said:
I couldn't agree with you anymore skeeter. Hoffa can't suck enough!! But the teamsters are a democracy and there leaders are elected too. I don't think he'll be re-elected next round. There is a guy called Lealand or Leeman from UPS thats running. Would like more info on him. But we could have an impact on that too if we go union and vote.
Hugnlug,

Tom Leedham, has been trying to defeat Hoffa for many years . He is part of a radical faction of Teamsters called Teamsters for a Democratic Union....TDU for short. They have no great ideas, and their only agenda is to seize Teamster control for themselves. While Hoffa is not perfect, Leedham and his associates, in my opinion is not a viable alternative.
Skeeter said:
I HAVE NEVER BEEN AGAINST THE UNION JUST HOFFA AND THE WAY HE HANDLED THE LAST GO AROUND. I HOPE YOU COMPREHEND WHAT I AM SAYING THIS TIME.
Skeeter,
got you covered. I personally didn't like Hoffa's handling the first time either. His mantra of "Shut O Down" never sat well with me. However, as I've mentioned before, we learn from our mistakes. Hopefully hoffa has realized this lesson and from what I have seen and read so far (The International Newsletter, the web site, and discussions at my local's meetings) seems to lead me to believe we are on a different track this time. Only time will tell. I hope some day to be able to call you all Brothers. :wavey: :smilie_132: :bgroovy:

Animo,
I couldn't agree more about Hoffa vs. TDU. I hear people say that Leedham couldn't possibly be any worse than Hoffa, but looking back to almost all of the 1990's when TDU's Carey ran the show, we took giant steps backwards and Carey's Admin. got caught stealing Union funds for his re-election. I've always said that the NMFA of 1994 was the worst ever and TDU praised it as the best ever because they had to. If R.V. Durham had beaten Carey and negotiated the very same contract in 1994, TDU would've called it the worst ever. All they want is power.
And, TDU will never reveal where their money comes from. Why? Because it probably comes from the Companies.

I guess I haven't kept up with the union. The TDU is something new to me. Are most teamsters against it or is there a split. But talking with UPS drivers I run across they seem to agree with me. If we were to vote for the union it would be better for us and UPS to be under their contract. Which I agree with 100%.

I would agree to a sweet heart deal to make us competitive with the other LTL carriers. But if UPS goes out or we were to go out I would want their backing. Now theres some power.

Skeeter,

As Stldude pointed out, when Ron Carey (former UPS member) was president of the Teamsters, we signed our worst contract ever. Carey was also the president during the last Teamster strike, also 94, and the last UPS strike. Under Hoffa however, the last contracts for both UPS and NMFA were both negotiated before the deadlines and no strikes took place. It was also one of the better contracts we've had in a long time. As far as TDU's numbers, they have been a minority since Hoffa took office.

As far as what the future holds for UPSF, it's basically simple, you should fall under the NMFA and deserve everything that NMFA members have.
Same health and Welfare for your area
Same wages
Overtime after 8 hours per day
Same vacation schedule
Same sick and personal day policy
Seniority protection
Harrassment protection
Grievence procedures
Also, instead of paying weekly ( I believe someone mentioned $40) into your insurance plan, you would be paying 2 hours salary per month for union dues, which is tax deductible and therefore financially a moot topic.

While everyone would love a sweethert deal, the reality is you would fall right in line with the rest of the NMFA....and yes...it would be great if we could all get the same deal as UPS small package workers, but that just won't happen.
Hope this helps. :wavey: :smilie_132:

Skeeter said:
I would agree to a sweet heart deal to make us competitive with the other LTL carriers. But if UPS goes out or we were to go out I would want their backing. Now theres some power.
Skeeter,

one other note. I doubt anyone will be going out(on strike) anytime soon. However, realize that if UPS is struck, UPSF can't strike also. The opposite is also true. However, on your own time you can walk with them and lend your support or they can do likewise for UPSF.

well someones got there numbers wrong.under carey .Overnight had around22 terminals signed to join the teamsters .under hoffa jr. he let them go.hoffa has lost over 200,000 members during his term.carey raised membership doing his time better them anyone but hoffas sr.now JR.lost them all.The contract that JR. got us is the biggest take a way deal in 30 years.Get the facts man.Tdu has been around over 30 years.Without them you never would of gotten the right to vote for your national pres.

Accelerator said:

great post,accelerator,and how many terminals like mine that never got it to a vote,becuase when we picked up momentum organizing,management fired,harrass,wrote up employees to make an example/s,this crap has been going on for way to long!.nobody says you can't,or anyone else can't,have there own opinion,and to show you I'M not such a bad guy,make a :deal:I'LL delete all post negative/bad about YOU ,and you do the same,sound fair enough?:1036316054: :beerchug: :highfive:

Valerie said:
Charles Bronson, you seem so fired up about UPSF/Overnite being union. If it was so bad, why are you working there?
anyone can quit & Run,what did you gainaccomplish by that,,a trail of w-2's afterwards, let the company get away with more crap, off the hook,again,did it solve the problems there,or make anything any better, especially for the next generations to come,nope, it's always easier to run than stan and fight,tough it out,takes a real man/person to be able to do that,with no lack of courage or brains,especially when you got backstabbers in your barn 'that would help a manager set you up for terminstion in a heartbeat.unitied UNITED WE STAND & WIN,DIVIDED,WE FALL ,OR HANG!:tribehasspoken: :clap: :clap: :1036316054:

Animo916 said:
Skeeter,

You seem to be talking for the entire company, yet I see many of your coworkers posting information contrary only to your opinion. You haven't answered one of my questions yet. I guess ignoring the situation is the easy way out instead of trying to have an intelligent discussion. Just like not going to your company meeting last Sunday.
I'M ONE OF HIS COWORKERS, & I DO CARE.IF I DID'NT SKEET,would I have spent all of these years taking ::shit::,fighting, and working hard,breaking my back,all 3 at once,mind you, at BIG O ,so that YOU & I & everyone there could have/get better working conditions,real working conditions,better benifits,overtime,a grievence process/procedure/protection,respect/dignity on the job,as a union supporter,if I did'nt,don't think so,it was,could've been alot easier to cut & run when things/times got rough,but I DID'NT,I did'nt becuase I wanna see things through with this,and see our dreams hapen/come true,and also see it happen for the next generations coming up behind us,so that they've got it alot better than we did,and there's something for us,working with & teaching them,to do the same,and pass it down to the next generations to come. Idon't have as many years that you got in,but I'M not to far off.:wavey: :smilie_132: :tribehasspoken: :cool:

Skeeter said:
Let me try again when I say we I mean the ones that voted against the union. I AM not speaking for the whole company. You must be really bored.

LISTEN CLOSE I HAVE ALWAYS SAID I WOULD GO WITH THE MAJORITY. IF THIS TIME AROUND THE MAJORITY VOTES UNION I WON'T BE ON THIS BOARD CRYING ABOUT IT.

I WILL HOWEVER TRY TO BE THE BEST EMPLOYEE I CAN UNION OR NONUNION LIKE I ALWAYS HAVE IN THE PAST.

I HAVE NEVER BEEN AGAINST THE UNION JUST HOFFA AND THE WAY HE HANDLED THE LAST GO AROUND. I HOPE YOU COMPREHEND WHAT I AM SAYING THIS TIME:
nothing wrong with being the best employee you can,who ever said there was,everyone should try,or at least try their best,or to be /do their best at everthing they do,I try my/give/do my best everday, as do alot of guys & gals ,and at other companies also,yellow,roadway,abf,new penn,holland,bestway,reddaway,ups. just like the folks always did at PRESTON,CF,NW,APA,RED STAR,ST.JOHNSBURY,CHURCHILL TRUCK LINES,THEY ALL WORKED VERY HARD FOR THOSE COMPANIES,ALSO. a 'FAIR DAYS WORK FOR A FAIR DAYS PAY' it's in the nmfa,always has been,as probably in the UPS MASTER PARCEL AGREEMENT' JIMMY HOFFA SR. was the one to first come up with both,the nmfa,and the language in it'a fair days work for a fair days pay',meaning a slug,or member not giving a fair days pay,should'nt bitch about getting canned for loafing of,or written up for it,for not doing your job. agree,1 billion percent,your there to give em a days work.:clap: :clap: :1036316054: :beerchug: if you were to meet with a business agent,president of the local in your area,in a place you most feel comfortable in,and talk,ask questions,get information,you might just be surprised at what you'll find out,get a nmfa contract book,old or new,read through it,knowledge/education is power,the b/a or president with give you one as a referance to read over/skim through,to keep.

Animo916 said:
Valerie,

Maybe he just wants to take the bull by the horns to try and make things better in his environment. There's no harm in that. It beats the attitude I see by most anti union diehards about let's see what they do first. I'll give them a chance. Let's wait and see. If you wanted a union job why didn't you go to a union job. If you don't like it here, why don't you leave. Even you have the same attitude... Gee Valerie, I hate the way Bush is running this country down the toilet. What should I do? Pack up and move to China, Russia, Mexico, France??????? Or do I stay put and try to do whatever it takes to improve the situation? I give Bronson a lot of credit, he has principles, he has convictions, and it seems he has the will to stand up and voice his concerns. I am proud to stand behind him and give him my full support.
absouloutly almost agree,animo,better idea,I'LL stay,and ship 'W' off to russia,mexico,china,france has got a very millitant work force over there,'w' would last all of 2 seconds with a pissed off frog:bigfinger: , they would'nt have him,besides,I'M way more american that 'W'.:nutkick: :tribehasspoken: :bgroovy:

BUTTONMAN74 said:
absouloutly almost agree,animo,better idea,I'LL stay,and ship 'W' off to russia,mexico,china,france has got a very millitant work force over there,'w' would last all of 2 seconds with a pissed off frog: , they would'nt have him,besides,I'M way more american that 'W'.:
I'M TO AMERICAN FOR MY SHIRT:bgroovy: :bsanta: :dance: ,TO AMERICAN FOR MY SHIRT:bgroovy:TO SEXY & AMERICAn for my shirt.