Organizing Overnite/UPS Freight

Discussion in 'UPS Freight' started by Mike01, Apr 22, 2006.

1. BUTTONMAN74

BUTTONMAN74 Member

:hig
    boy,did you sure hit the nail on the head with that observation:nutkick: ,wow:tribehasspoken lets move on with this thing,and stick toghether,we've got far more power now than we ever did,and this is our time,and best chance to do it,BRING IN THE HORSES':tribehasspoken: :cool: : we are all big enough to put aside our past diferences,and everyone starts out with a clean slate,and move forward,not backward.bickering back & forth over old problems/differences/grievences does no one any good,does it?,except maybe venting,and HOFFA ,TYSON JOHNSON,AND KEN HALL all stated this on a conference call about 3 weeks ago,that 'everyone starts out with a clean slate,if you crossed a picket line before,forget about it,it's in the past,it's forgotten, no hard feelings,everyone starts out with a clean slate on both sides in this thing'Iwas at the local in my area ,and heard it,every freight/ups local in the country was on it,anyone else out there also hear the conference call?

2. BUTTONMAN74

BUTTONMAN74 Member

3. hardway

hardway Member

I was a union organizer for my previous company, which after the vote we lost by less than 10 votes. I will be glad to support the union here!

4. theoriginalwebidiot

theoriginalwebidiot Member

that plan at abf does not have anything to do with the union plan...how about putting the blame on the company management where it belongs what does any employee or the union have to do with their incompetance?

5. hardway

hardway Member

yes to the union!

I have not been approached by any UPS driver or even had one stop and talk to me. I have seen a few at the truck stops when i went in to get coffee. I would like to learn more.

6. Teamster251

Teamster251 Member

Come have breakfast at Soul Man in Rockwall Wednesday mornings around 730am 830am central time with me and my partner. I'll buy. you can ask all the question you want.
    Can't miss us, we wear brown.

If you see a UPSer in a truck stop say hi, and ask questions.

We aren't organizers and we have a job to do just like you. If your interested show it and you will be welcomed.

T251

7. Johnnybegood

Johnnybegood Member

I've had at least two So called UPS Brothers at exit 1 on 84 east in Massachusetts tell me to stay away from the union...both of them your own in brown .....Could it be some aren't as happy as portrayed?

8. stldude44

stldude44 Active Member

Or, could it be you made this up to promote your anti Union agenda?

9. Animo916

Animo916 Active Member

Skeeter,

You have stated your position many times before. Whether you are in favor of representation or not, it seems you just want to sit back and take whatever comes your way......basically what Overnite gave you for 24 years. Why take a reactive approach? We know what you are unhappy about. Why not get in the game and make sure those changes come about? No one ever won a game sitting on the bench or on the sidelines.
    Get involved.
    Be a playmaker.
    Make a difference.

10. Johnnybegood

Johnnybegood Member

Take it for what it is ..or ...So i'm lying ....I'm suppose to believe everything a union man says but if i tell something its automatically made up or a lie....So you believe every UPS man is happy with the union you must be crazy....

11. Skeeter

Skeeter Well-Known Member

I'm out west and I do a turn.

12. stldude44

stldude44 Active Member

JBG,
    I'm sure not all Teamsters are 100% happy with their Union. I'm not 100% happy with it either. There are always things in Unionism, as in life, that will fall short of wants and expectations. I doubt, however, that they advised you to avoid the Teamsters. Unless these 2 (alleged) UPS guys are blind they know what Unions has done for the good of the poor and middle classes of America. You can only gain by joining and even you know that. But that's ok...keep donating your time to UPSF....they'll really like you and appreciate it. If you're happy with less, go for it.

13. Animo916

Animo916 Active Member

JBG,

You can't please everyone all the time. Most of my fellow Teamsters will quickly agree that the Teamsters aren't perfect, but that doesn't make our organization a bad one. In it's simplest form consider it as choosing the lesser of 2 evils. Having worked on both sides of the fence in my career, I will take a union job over a nonunion job every day of the week.

14. Teamster251

Teamster251 Member

What time were you in there DY?
    I know most if not all the feeders that stop there. I used to stop there myself, coming out of Bradley, up until Febuary. Give me some names. If you talk to them you must have asked some names.

Truthfully I find it hard to believe you, with your union hating attiude would evern have the balls to talk to a union man.

Keep trying kid, some day you'll say something someone actually beleives.

Kisses and Huggs
    T251

15. Bufbill

Bufbill Member

Hardway,It is unlikely that I will run in to you do to our locations,however I`m sure,as T251 has said that you will have the opertunity to talk with a teamster driver who will be more than willing to sit with you and discuss any question that you may have ,however we are not salesmen,and some folks do not want to talk to us, so it is up to you to approch us and then we will talk your ear off, it is not that we are snobs ,but you know who we are and what we do, and we don`t always know who you guys are and just what atitude you might have.So it would be best, if your intrested to feel free to talk to us and we can go from there.And since your company is a freight company,if you guys would decide to vote the union in,then more than likley you will come under the National Master Freight Agreement,so feel free to talk to us freight haulers too,I`m sure you know who we are.Now here is something to think about.Non union companies are paying you guys right close to union wages and benifits and thats good .Now think, if there were no unions what kind of wages we would be "enjoying"?I guess that the point I`m trying to make is why should you eat hamburger and I eat steak when we both are doing the same job,and the companies we both work for are making record profifs,and paying the top executives in one year what you or me will not make in a lifetime.So don`t believe all the bulshit that the company people are shoveling at you guys .They are Not going to go broke if you join the union,and you will not be out of a job,as they have brainwashed people over the years to think.Use the brain that God gave you and decide for yourself what is best for you and your family.

16. Skeeter

Skeeter Well-Known Member

Point noted...

17. Johnnybegood

Johnnybegood Member

I went there for coffee not trying to get a date or something and my run changed so i do not stop there anymore.But thanks for the offer old man...Believe what you want...Were suppose to believe everything you say?And i am talking to you so i guess i must have balls.......

18. Teamster251

Teamster251 Member

How convienient, your run changed.
    Which way you run now?

Never mind don't tell me, I won't believe you anyway. You never have any facts, you never have anything to bring to the table, if it were not for other people posting and your posting off their posts you would have nothing to say either.

Truthfully Yours
    T251

PS I love being old, it the main reason my 25 yr old girlfriend digs me.
    Can you say, "who's your daddy?"

19. Bufbill

Bufbill Member

You may be right .We do have some SO CALLED union brothers that are so used to a union job ,that they do not know just what it is like in the real world,they have a right to their opinion,and you know what they say about opinions,their like assholes, everyone has one.Believe All of what you see and half of what you here. An old Irish proverb.

20. Johnnybegood

Johnnybegood Member

I don't care what you think....Your are the reason some people get turned off by the union.You think you Know everthing and are better than us peeons.....:duh:I'm sure one of your buddies will tell you any way which way i run..... Ask them if we had a recent bid if you think i'm lying.....