TForce | Organizing UPS Freight Is A Joke!!!!!!!

Credits
When Hoffa anounced he was going to organize UPS Freight it was only a PR move for himself.

What has Hoffa done for the UPS Freight employees so far?
1. He anounced the organizing drive.
2. He sent a letter to the UPS CEO about the anti-union dvd from UPS Freight.
3. He anounced the card check agreement with UPS Freight.
4. He anounced the early contract negionations with UPS.

Hoffa is running for re-election as president of the Teamsters Union this fall.

Stop and ask yourself this what is more important to Hoffa?

Keeping his job as president of the Teamsters Union or organizing 15,000 UPS Freight employees?

During the last six years under Hoffa Teamster Union membership has declined by 150,000 members

clutchcargo said:
When Hoffa anounced he was going to organize UPS Freight it was only a PR move for himself.

Keeping his job as president of the Teamsters Union or organizing 15,000 UPS Freight employees?

During the last six years under Hoffa Teamster Union membership has declined by 150,000 members
Just think:chairshot: 15000 more votes to get him out of office:bgroovy: :bgroovy:

CluthCargo, You're talking about an organizing drive that involves 15000 people spread out over the entire country. These things take time.

I garantee you that there is a lot of things happening behind the scenes that most people are not aware of.
UPS has given the union a green light on this one and the Teamsters are gonna take the time to make sure it's done right.

CFer said:
CluthCargo, You're talking about an organizinf drive that involves 15000 people spread out over the entire country. These things take time.

I garantee you that there is a lot of things happening behind the scenes that most people are not aware of.
UPS has given the union a green light on this one and the Teamsters are gonna take the time to make sure it's done right.
And in the meanwhile, Overnite is running this thing into the dirt. Motor Cargo has lost alot of business because of the way "O" is doing things, or just because customers see "O" on a trailer or paperwork and wont use us.

Get over it you are not Motor cargo anymore and we are not Overnite We are UPS Freight and the sooner people realize this the better....

clutchcargo said:

Don't you think that negoiating a strong contract for UPSF has something to do with the re-election? Everyone including ups has an agenda regarding the union. Hoffa can save face buy winning a strong contract for all of Upsf and have a better chance for re-election. The teamsters become much stronger with 15,000 plus voices. Ups has Upsf for a bargaining chip for the 2008 parcel contract. This organizing effort is alot deeper than anyone realizes. And it was all thought out long before ups bought "O"

Johnnybegood said:
Get over it you are not Motor cargo anymore and we are not Overnite We are UPS Freight and the sooner people realize this the better....
Everyone knows we are still "O" even our customers. How can anyone realize we are a different company when nothing has changed. Even 14 months after the purchase of "O" the same exact managment team is still in place. And is still running the company into the ground. How long will ups allow "O" to embarass the gold shield? Because we are a complete embarrassment to the ups logo. I can't believe ups has allowed it to go on this long.

galaxy99dx said:
And in the meanwhile, Overnite is running this thing into the dirt. Motor Cargo has lost alot of business because of the way "O" is doing things, or just because customers see "O" on a trailer or paperwork and wont use us.

What exactly does your post have to do with the topic of organization?

And if it is true that business is being lost...UPS Freight is loosing the business...not Motor Cargo. Motor Cargo is no longer in existance...nor is "O"

UPS owns UPS Freight and is responsible for gaining or loosing business. In an aquisition of this size...you aren't going to see the changes that need to be made over night..but there will be changes,and they have started to occur.

So in summation...Motor Cargo is no longer...Overnite is no longer....UPS is in charge...and if things aren't being run properly because of some poor managers that are still here from the old companies,it is UPS's responsibility to see to it that corrections are made.

If you want to play the blame game,place it where it belongs...at UPS....but give them time...soon you will be complaining about being too busy.

BusterNite said:
Everyone knows we are still "O" even our customers. How can anyone realize we are a different company when nothing has changed. Even 14 months after the purchase of "O" the same exact managment team is still in place. And is still running the company into the ground. How long will ups allow "O" to embarass the gold shield? Because we are a complete embarrassment to the ups logo. I can't believe ups has allowed it to go on this long.

The past 14 months they have been worried about our appearance and re-branding...and don't you think they are evaluating what changes need made?
UPS is not some fly by night company.
They have their ducks in a row...you just haven't heard the quacking yet...LOL

They have changed the way trailers are loaded trying to reduce damages. They have gotten rid of alot of the cheap freight "O" used to try to fill trailers..which led to damages.

Things are being done...just not completely visable yet.

You can't make a purchase of this size(of a profitable company)and just axe all of management.
They will axe the ones who should be axed,and I'm sure they have a list.

galaxy99dx said:
That attitude is what runs companies into the ground, and if it wasnt for "O", motor cargo wouldnt be around big boy so get over yourself and think about the future and not what you left behind with motor cargo :bgroovy:

I finaly got a new computer..

my first day,of getting used to it.
I lost a lot of info from the transistion.

Technology is like being married,its hard to get used to it,and yet its hard to live without it once you have had it.

I see not much has changed on the truckingboards in my absence.

As far as Overnite being rebranded to UPS Freight.
We are almost at the end of 3 months since the launce date.
I've seen very little change?
We have a new company title,and color sheme,as well as a neater dress code.
My terminal has lost,and gained buisness.
One customer on my route is in a freight rate bidding war between UPS Freight,and Fedex.

This one very good shippment that ships every three weeks.
I thought we had a lock on for many years?
After the launce date it was moved by Fedex.
I had my salesman check into it.
We moved it the next time.
The beginning of this week my customer said it was going by Fedex this time.
Talked to sales again,he gave me some wierd story,but said we'd get it back.
Time will tell.
My customer,and I will be watching.

BusterNite said:
Don't you think that negoiating a strong contract for UPSF has something to do with the re-election? Everyone including ups has an agenda regarding the union. Hoffa can save face buy winning a strong contract for all of Upsf and have a better chance for re-election. The teamsters become much stronger with 15,000 plus voices. Ups has Upsf for a bargaining chip for the 2008 parcel contract. This organizing effort is alot deeper than anyone realizes. And it was all thought out long before ups bought "O"

The election is in less than 4 months away.

Labor Day?

Isn't that the very day that Consolidated Freightways employees found out that their company closed their doors for good?

I remember when my last fultime Teamsters union employer called me on a sunday after noon,letting me know that I was to not report to work on monday that the company closed up midnight saturday.

I was number two in senority with 17&1/2 years of service.
I hope I never get a call like that one ever again.
That wasn't labor day.it was March of 1986.

Apostolic said:
Isn't that the very day that Consolidated Freightways employees found out that their company closed their doors for good?

I remember when my last fultime Teamsters union employer called me on a sunday after noon,letting me know that I was to not report to work on monday that the company closed up midnight saturday.

I was number two in senority with 17&1/2 years of service.
I hope I never get a call like that one ever again.
That wasn't labor day.it was March of 1986.
Don't worry, UPS will not go out of buisness no matter what the out come is.

Do you have a crystal ball,If so tell me who will win the world Series this year....You never know what the future can bring..............

bigdaddy said:
That attitude is what runs companies into the ground, and if it wasnt for "O", motor cargo wouldnt be around big boy so get over yourself and think about the future and not what you left behind with motor cargo :bgroovy:
Motor Cargo would be just fine.....We made money every year....So don't go getting your panties all wound up......But I think the point here was that the O mentallity with its management is being left in place and making certain customers that dealt with MC upset....So as a X O employee don't take the fact that O management still lives in the stoneage and their customer service is less than desirable.... Also the attitude that is displayed by MC employees is that our lives and friends are the ones being affected and that makes a person get a little sensitive....